• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am tired of my threads

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
More like Se dom. The immediate and impersonal "sizing up" of people is characteristically Se+Ti. She used to have ENTP listed as her type and decided that didn't quite fit (which I agree with), but she changed the wrong letter.

ESTP and ENTJ are sometimes confused due to their aggressive and domineering styles, but ENTJs are quite opposed to "looking like idiots." They'll usually have their shit researched and figured out before making a spectacle.

Everything TG wrote in the original post screams ESTP.

I believe I shall agree, not for the screaming part, but for ESTP making sense as TG's type. But even as I try to type up a rationale, I know I'm using Te and thus not getting to the heart of the person.

I can say things like, yeah, in my experience, ESTPs and ENTJs are at first glance very similar, they jump around the place an Se highs and take leadership roles over physical stuff outside them, including people, making them both less environmentally benign than ENTPs (from an INTJ perspective). And they both have some kind of laser eye thing going on when you meet them. They get bored of one in different ways though, the ENTJ having something else to do and the ESTP wanting something else to do, I think.

And so on.

Whaddya think, TG, still want to be ENTJ? That inferior Fi actually, I think, makes ENTJs fairly open about other people, kind of hands-off, not screwing with people, kinda deal. They're a little different from ESTPs in that way.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thatgirl *feels* ENTJ to me. She even flirts like one.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
What in the end leads us to conclusion about TG

ESTJ

Te- aggresive and harsh
Si - doesn't function properly due to the alcohol
Ne - plays with people and uses them for experiments
Fi - runs the show from background

Just my 2 cents :whistling:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
simulatedworld said:
More like Se dom. The immediate and impersonal "sizing up" of people is characteristically Se+Ti. She used to have ENTP listed as her type and decided that didn't quite fit (which I agree with), but she changed the wrong letter.

ESTP and ENTJ are sometimes confused due to their aggressive and domineering styles, but ENTJs are quite opposed to "looking like idiots." They'll usually have their shit researched and figured out before making a spectacle.

Wrong again. The OP is simply a summary of an immature, inexperienced and self-absorbed person's means of interacting with others. It has nothing to do with MBTI type. NOTHING.

I sorta thought this a while back, not specific to this thread though. Although I don't know that she's ENTP either; just that she seems to be trying to 'play' or take on the ENTJ role for kicks. But on the other hand, if she really thinks she is one...more power to her. It's just that nothing ThatGirl's said has remotely resembled the 4 ENTJ's I've known throughout the years (2 females, 2 males), as to their motivations and thoughts they've expressed to me. As to behaviors in social settings..yeah, doesn't resemble them either.

Admitted by TG earlier this year, see above. :rolli:

Yes, that could be true. But we have to look at this at different angles such as:

- She thinks she is an ENTJ
- She is trying to act out as an ENTJ as an experiment and failing
- She trying to act out as a non-ENTJ as ENTJ in her type as an experiment
- She is seeing whether we think she thinks she is an ENTJ as an experiment.

- She is an ENTJ trying to act out as a non-ENTJ as an experiment
- She is an ENTJ who thinks that the way she acts is ENTJish so she acts that way and not her norm.
- She chose any type randomly and stuck by it.

I agree with the bolded above...

ENFP flexing her Te. Fits every one of those categories.

Edit: and from my experience, the ENTJ isn't the overbearing commander that the stereotype suggests. It's more subtle - ENTJs are the first ones to naturally take leadership upon themselves as soon as there is any uncertainty in the structure of authority. They're content to live and let live when everything is functioning smoothly and everyone has a sense of what they're supposed to be doing. However, as soon as this balance is upset, or a means for improvement recognized, there is no hesitation to step in and correct the problems as understood.

Awesome observation. My ENTJ friend, Andrew, is this way.

Didn't I say something similar to you on the other thread?
The difference between this thread and the other one is that you disagreed with the majority of people there without backing up your claims. Jaguar is part of the majority on this one so he does not need to backup his claims. TG herself should be the one backing up her claims on why she is an ENTJ.

Agreed.

What in the end leads us to conclusion about TG

ESTJ

Te- aggresive and harsh
Si - doesn't function properly due to the alcohol
Ne - plays with people and uses them for experiments
Fi - runs the show from background

Just my 2 cents :whistling:

+1. Nice observation.

I know an ESTJ female quite well who behaves as your summary above...kind of like TG's summary of her own behavior in the OP. :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
This thread has become completely out of control.

Halla I am especially disappointed in your words. Anyone who has asked clarification on the op has received it.

In regards to the op: Tell me one place I am wrong. It is not an immature outlook on life, as a matter of fact I have been one of the most mature people in this thread to date.

To clarify, say I am at a party or hanging out socially. To be quiet honest I am not looking at every person as the person they are. They tend to be part of the setting, a product of the party. I will socialize and laugh but I do not give much thought as to their needs and desires beyond that point. This means that in this setting anything I say is not to be taken personal, how could it, I don't even know you. It is usually just a thought that comes out or some observation on an objective subject. This is where I stated that everyone is neutral. I don't interact with you on personal or meaningful levels out side the context. It is my idea that you are a part of the party. This analogy goes with people I meet when out and about. I do not find this odd, actually to me I always assumed this was quiet normal. I in turn do not take much of what people say or do personally because I do hold the belief that I am a mere participant of that environment for that time. If someone were to make an observation or suggestion about myself, I also take it from a neutral stand point.

When this dynamic changes, and someone starts to hold some sort of long term position in my world, yes I do size them up for their contribution. Is this person drama, do I enjoy hanging out with them, are they going to do nothing but bring negativity, get overly sensitive, or hold me back. Like wise which position would they fall into, meaningful long term acquaintance (I enjoy hanging out from time to time, but make it a point to not get too chummy beyond that), good friend (we are both open and respective of each others life and styles I find them genuinely trust worthy and not overly needy, romantic interest.

When I said 97% of people don't make the first pass, I was speaking about romantic interests. For everyone who thinks this is assholeish take a minute to stop and think about how many people you have dated vs how many you have met. Naturally, unless you are a big whore, the numbers will differ considerably.

I went on to say that as a romantic interest I will feel like I am going out of my way to make you happy. Generally making time even if I don't have much to spare, I will be more careful of my words, and try to do things that show immense respect for you as a person. If these efforts are not recognized it is easy for me to get frustrated with a person. Like do not look at what I am not doing look at what I am. It may not be romancing you, but it is being there for you.

None of this sounds rude or outlandish to me, on the contrary, I always believed this is how most people operate. Though I am willing to consider this may not be the case. Asking "Any thoughts," (get it cause ENTJs are Te) I was inviting other ENTJs to share their perspectives. Again not closed minded not rude. I admit my communication style may be abrasive at times, another reason to take everything I say in the most objective manner as possible as it was intended.

As far as my being an ENTJ you can look back to such threads I posted as "How do ENTJs become likable and less threatening to others." There is a stigma that has formed in my mind about my personality. I do not know if it is because I am female or maybe just sensitive but I generally hate watching people take a step back from me as I step forward. I have always felt a bit like a bull in a china closet and have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to be less abrasive with other. This is a difficult task given that usually I get frustrated by the time it is taking to make someone feel comfortable when I can just take control and get things rolling quicker without it. I don't live a life that much depends on others (by choice) and most often just cut people who can not keep up lose. I am incredibly focused on my goals, and my time is valuable to me specially when things need to happen "now".

Due to the fact that I joined this forum in possibly an insecure state (after a divorce and other issues) I may have immaturely wanted to prove not only to myself but others that I could be laid back and fun. That I didn't have to control everyone, and it wasn't always me against you. I wrote a P under my type description. However I was still the same TG.

I think people saw my abrasive styles and took a long time to get used to my personality. Inevitably it seems they justified the fact that I was just another idiosyncratic ENTP. I didn't imagine the denial of this would be so shocking. I have finally come to terms with the fact that I am an ENTJ and that if I want to refine my personality it is not in denying it, but mastering and refining it. So I changed my type to more accurately reflect my state of mind.

I see no reason as to why this is such a big problem for everyone else who has jumped on band wagons and followed me into almost every thread I have made. Derailing honestly valid ideas for the sake of heckling and derailing.

I would have to say I find this completely based on feeling since their is no rationality or purpose. It only serves to cut real information short of its lifespan. I believe it is highly disrespectful and would like to remind you all that I have never, even in my most obnoxious moments, treated any of you or your threads with such carelessness.

Halla you asked what I am doing? I am a mother, kick ass at my full time job, go to school full time where I am pursuing a career in pathology and yes maintained another 4.0 this semester. I work out at the gym, buy books in my off time, and still find the time to fuck around on vent...a lot. I am currently getting a second job since my school cut the winter program and am studying ahead for next semesters subject. Other than that my life is in a building state right now in which I am trying to accomplish plans that need constant attention but hold markers for results. 1) in a year and a half, 2) in four years, and 3) in ten. I know that seems far out there, planning the first stage which is a complete life overhaul to show its results in the next year and a half is a freakishly small amount of time to work with.

I enjoy the forum and vent because right now I have too much on my plate to add in focusing laying the foundations for real meaningful social connections. I will also admit, I was careless with the ones I had.

Now I think it is time to call time of death on this thread.

All posts made about my type can be moved here where they should have been When I fist started getting pissed by this dynamic

Anything off topic can be moved to the graveyard already.

And I think that accounts for most of the responses in this 100+ post thread.

I expect people to get their shit together and treat me with respect. If you have anything to say to me, make it appropriate and relevant.

QED. ENFP with particularly strong Te. It's a good thing.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Are you fucking kidding me?

Nope. You expressed having taken true offense to the situation, rather than simply frustration or irritation. You also were motivated enough to post a wall of text, rather than dismiss the others outright. Fairly ENFPish reaction to negative stimulus.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Guys

Leave her be....

It is her right to be what ever MBTI she prefers.... she has taken a gross amount of stick for it in the last few weeks, totally unessesary, totally uncalled for. ENTPIE change his type and got none of this stick - and he posts lots of ENTP threads....

I don't know all the history but I do see a group of people ganging up on one and trying to force feed their perspective onto her.... ITS NOT RIGHT!

T

ThatGirl

Nope. You expressed having taken true offense to the situation, rather than simply frustration or irritation. You also were motivated enough to post a wall of text, rather than dismiss the others outright. Fairly ENFPish reaction to negative stimulus.

STFU already.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
STFU already.

You're missing the point - this is entirely arbitrary, and none of our opinions matter. Your "type" doesn't mandate a thing about your personality. You're not an ENTP, ENTJ or an ENFP - you're the person who posts under the alias "ThatGirl".

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Well...you kind of have a point here. At the most unstable points in my life, I most likely emulated an unhealthy TJ. ENFPs can get stuck in Te as a means of trying to shield or bury their Fi.

On the other hand, ENTJs have inferior Fi. How do you know That Girl isn't just expressing inferior Fi?

T

ThatGirl

You're missing the point - this is entirely arbitrary, and none of our opinions matter. Your "type" doesn't mandate a thing about your personality. You're not an ENTP, ENTJ or an ENFP - you're the person who posts under the alias "ThatGirl".

You missed the point.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Guys

Leave her be....

It is her right to be what ever MBTI she prefers.... she has taken a gross amount of stick for it in the last few weeks, totally unessesary, totally uncalled for. ENTPIE change his type and got none of this stick - and he posts lots of ENTP threads....

I don't know all the history but I do see a group of people ganging up on one and trying to force feed their perspective onto her.... ITS NOT RIGHT!

It's not her "right" to have everyone else agree with her interpretation of her own behavior. That's completely ridiculous. :doh:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
At what point does this just become play-ground bullying... if it is about her as a person she has rights to be who she is...

If you want to debate her perspectives/opinions of a subject... even if it is her take on ENTJ-ness then it's fair ground so long as it's respectful.

Understand the difference between attacking people and discussing topics

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ what she said.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At what point does this just become play-ground bullying... if it is about her as a person she has rights to be who she is...

If you want to debate her perspectives/opinions of a subject... even if it is her take on ENTJ-ness then it's fair ground so long as it's respectful.

Understand the difference between attacking people and discussing topics

Of course she has a right to be who she is, just as we have a right to disagree about which arbitrary type label fits her best.

Nobody is threatening her right to individuality; we're simply disagreeing about which of these made up labels best describes the behavior and attitudes we've seen her demonstrate thus far.

Why is your reading comprehension so bad? :steam:

^ what she said.

Please, please, please don't encourage her. It's obvious that nobody is disputing TG's right to choose her own actions. Nobody is trying to instruct her on how to act; we're only arguing about the interpretation and categorization of those actions.

T

ThatGirl

All of you people who are accusing me of playing games. Tell me where did this game suggestion come from....jaguar. All of you people who are trolling my thread, tell me who did the trolling start with? Jaguar. All your little opinions and fears you have, about my somehow fucking with you, came from Jaguar.

He pointed out, that over a year ago I thought it would be fun to play a game experimenting with types. Anyone who would have bothered to research the thread rather than willfully give their perspectives up to a retard would have seen this. The thread ended with myself being nominated to act as a feeler, which was a funny joke for about one thread, then was ended.

All of you who are telling me that I am "acting like an ENTJ" please tell me and give me examples where my interaction style has changed AT ALL from when I was an ENTP. I am not acting like a fucking ENTJ I am one.

If you want to see an ENTP look at Jaguar. What is the type that is most fascinated with chaos? You have all been a tool for him. I expected more from people I respected on intellectual levels.

So please, Continue to tell me who the fuck I am, and when you are done let me know so I can get back to ENTJing all your asses like the good old days.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why would a forum with 2000 active members only contain 3 or 4 ENTJs? What kind of weird statistical anomaly would that be?

The same reason it only contains 3-4 ESFPs. Some types are by nature more interested in this sort of thing than others.

All of you people who are accusing me of playing games. Tell me where did this game suggestion come from....jaguar. All of you people who are trolling my thread, tell me who did the trolling start with? Jaguar. All your little opinions and fears you have, about my somehow fucking with you, came from Jaguar.

He pointed out, that over a year ago I thought it would be fun to play a game experimenting with types. Anyone who would have bothered to research the thread rather than willfully give their perspectives up to a retard would have seen this. The thread ended with myself being nominated to act as a feeler, which was a funny joke for about one thread, then was ended.

All of you who are telling me that I am "acting like an ENTJ" please tell me and give me examples where my interaction style has changed AT ALL from when I was an ENTP. I am not acting like a fucking ENTJ I am one.

If you want to see an ENTP look at Jaguar. What is the type that is most fascinated with chaos? You have all been a tool for him. I expected more from people I respected on intellectual levels.

So please, Continue to tell me who the fuck I am, and when you are done let me know so I can get back to ENTJing all your asses like the good old days.

Jaguar is not even remotely ENTP. That guy is bursting at the seams with Te. The only thing this thread has accomplished is convincing me that you haven't studied up on Jungian functions.

So because I wrote in an objective perspective manner instead of using personal indicator words, my post is somehow more offensive. Yet after taking the time to walk everyone through the objective interpretation of it, it is not?

Ti

That is my perspective. I can only talk about what I have known, observed, and personally experienced.

Se

If there was fault in the context it was up to you guys to either pose alternate views or analyze the ideas and point out contradictions.

Ti

The whole feely thing can fucking stop now.

Ti, plus a little Se venom.

Se+Ti irritated with the perceived inconsistency of other people's positions and getting pissy and territorial about it. ESTP.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
The same reason it only contains 3-4 ESFPs. Some types are by nature more interested in this sort of thing than others.

Oh so I guess it logically flows that a type who's primary function deals with classification and organization would not be interested in a classification system like MBTI.

I see what you did there!