User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 95

  1. #11
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Yes, that could be true. But we have to look at this at different angles such as:

    - She thinks she is an ENTJ
    - She is trying to act out as an ENTJ as an experiment and failing
    - She trying to act out as a non-ENTJ as ENTJ in her type as an experiment
    - She is seeing whether we think she thinks she is an ENTJ as an experiment.
    - She is an ENTJ trying to act out as a non-ENTJ as an experiment
    - She is an ENTJ who thinks that the way she acts is ENTJish so she acts that way and not her norm.
    - She chose any type randomly and stuck by it.
    Oh yes, so many possibilities.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  2. #12
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I don't exactly agree with Thatgirl, but Jag - you're again trying to give as your "solution" that someone's not an ENTJ. Wonder why you're so stuck with that routine.
    If I don't think she is, that's my opinion. It's not a "routine."

  3. #13
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    ENFP flexing her Te. Fits every one of those categories.

    Edit: and from my experience, the ENTJ isn't the overbearing commander that the stereotype suggests. It's more subtle - ENTJs are the first ones to naturally take leadership upon themselves as soon as there is any uncertainty in the structure of authority. They're content to live and let live when everything is functioning smoothly and everyone has a sense of what they're supposed to be doing. However, as soon as this balance is upset, or a means for improvement recognized, there is no hesitation to step in and correct the problems as understood.
    Well, I'm not sure if the F preference fits TG though. She's not necessarily the feeling type judging from what I've seen of her in the past.

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Oh yes, so many possibilities.
    Yes, but only one can be correct.

  4. #14
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Well, I'm not sure if the F preference fits TG though. She's not necessarily the feeling type judging from what I've seen of her in the past.
    Neither is Happy Puppy, by first glance - but after a while, you begin to realize that the two extraverted functions often constitute the public face of an NeJi user.

  5. #15
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Neither is Happy Puppy, by first glance - but after a while, you begin to realize that the two extraverted functions often constitute the public face of an NeJi user.
    You are saying an ENFP would act out a different type for a lengthy period of time. I doubt such would happen. TG would be branded far from the Fi function if she were to do this.

  6. #16
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    You are saying an ENFP would act out a different type for a lengthy period of time. I doubt such would happen. TG would be branded far from the Fi function if she were to do this.
    Haven't you noticed that the NFs are the ones who shift their claimed types the most? Particularly the xNFPs?

    Fi is rather ineffable, and incomprehensible to the external world.

  7. #17
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If I don't think she is, that's my opinion. It's not a "routine."
    Okay. I can respect that. She doesn't particularly look like an average ENTJ to me neither, but I haven't thought of a more fitting type. Then again, people find their types here all the time, and I usually wait some time for the characteristics to express themselves. There's this finding-oneself-time with one's new type. Sometimes it's a hit, sometimes a miss. Of course we're here to help with it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #18
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Haven't you noticed that the NFs are the ones who shift their claimed types the most? Particularly the xNFPs?

    Fi is rather ineffable, and incomprehensible to the external world.
    I doubt an xNFP would go through the trouble of putting themselves down as an ENTJ for experimental purposes. They are just the ones who are confused with their own types but I highly doubt they would be confused to the extent of ENTJ. Plus Fi would show them their values and unless they take with great value tricking other people into thinking they are a certain type they would not do it. It wouldn't matter if it was ineffable or incomprehensible externally.

  9. #19
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I doubt an xNFP would go through the trouble of putting themselves down as an ENTJ for experimental purposes. They are just the ones who are confused with their own types but I highly doubt they would be confused to the extent of ENTJ. Plus Fi would show them their values and unless they take with great value tricking other people into thinking they are a certain type they would not do it. It wouldn't matter if it was ineffable or incomprehensible externally.
    ENTJs have Dominant Te and Tertiary Fi. ENFPs have Auxiliary Fi and Tertiary Te. Why would it be hard to confuse the two types? Particularly when the differences between Ne and Ni are so hard to quantify, and the public expression of Ne is often frowned upon?

  10. #20
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    Thatgirl hasn't given off this vibe to me, but I've found some of the most in-your-face Te -users have been ENFPs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-21-2016, 11:55 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-21-2015, 03:11 PM
  3. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 10:27 PM
  4. [ENFJ] How can I gauge if I am a "healthy" version of my type?
    By Jonathanthegreat in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 05:21 PM
  5. KEEP YOUR SMILIES OUT OF MY THREAD!
    By minus in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 03:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO