• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I can't decide which type I am.

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
introverted thinking sounds like the closest to me.

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
but introverted intuition sounds like something i do too.

those other ones dont make very much sense at all.

bighairything

MBTI Type
ENFP
Too much info already.
The first letter of his username isn't a capital letter.
He's not sure of his type.
He is more convinced of his type to being an INTP because he put it as his type.
He has a number at the end of his name.
His avatar shouts INTP.
He can't decide or cut down between 4 different types.
He waited until he thought it was the right time to post a 'What's my type?' thread. (21 posts is more than enough)
He's waiting for all possibilities to be laid out until he puts down his type.
Milkyway indicates a vast amount of opportunities.
He made a mistake using a smilie and he didn't fix it

Damn, you're good! (edit: though not quite good enough to notice that "he" is a she)

Bighairything concurs that milkyway2 is an INTP.

VagrantFarce

That was the best explanation of Ni I've ever read. Now it makes sense to me. So many people's behavior finally makes sense to me. Thank you.

To be honest, I only just discovered that particular page myself. That wiki is full of wonderful surprises :D

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
I think I do Fe and Ti a lot, and the Ni and Ne maybe. But those are still confusing to me....................................

bighairything

MBTI Type
ENFP
If you're struggling with the difference between Ni and Ne, then it's unlikely that either of those is your dominant function. If Fe were you're dominant function, you would be an ENFJ, which you're clearly not. That leaves Ti, making you an INTP.

If you're an intuitive, then I wouldn't place any importance on you're relative aptitudes with Si and Se. This is where I believe that MBTI is at it's weakest. At best the lower order description of preferences work normatively, i.e. they identify the lower order functions people should be developing. For instance, I am much stronger using Se than Si, which is contrary to what MBTI says should be the case. And I am better with either of these than I am with Te. My third best function is Ti, which shouldn't make sense for an ENFP, and my fourth best is Se (ditto).

On the other hand, there's a strong case to be made that I should be developing Te as a top priority, which is in fact what I'm trying to do.

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
Hmm I see. I just have a hard time grasping what exactly all of the cognitive processes mean, and a super hard time trying to figure out exactly how I think.. I've never thought about it til recently.

Today I spent a whole lot of time at work thinking about these things and I concluded that yeah Ti is what I do I am pretty sure. I do Fe a lot too, but maybe mostly when I am nervous or feeling insecure so that would make sense if it was my inferior function. right?

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
Ok I read someone's description of what Ni is and that is definitely not something I'm familiar with.

INTP I am now for certain.

Thanks guys for the help!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
You only have 39 posts, friend.

How do you expect us to know you at all??!?

:confused:

Also, you don't decide which type you are, rather you either are, or are not, a type.

Let me ask you a question.

Why do you care to know which type you are in the first place?

What aspect of MBTI resonates with you?

It is difficult for me to understand people who get into typology/MBTI who do not identify strongly with one type.

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
You only have 39 posts, friend.

How do you expect us to know you at all??!?

:confused:

Also, you don't decide which type you are, rather you either are, or are not, a type.

Let me ask you a question.

Why do you care to know which type you are in the first place?

What aspect of MBTI resonates with you?

It is difficult for me to understand people who get into typology/MBTI who do not identify strongly with one type.

Because I want to understand myself better and this is interesting. Now I looked it up and now I have to find out what type I am!

I don't know what you mean by resonates with me..

And I don't understand people that look up types and are able to pick one that fits them best.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because I want to understand myself better and this is interesting. Now I looked it up and now I have to find out what type I am!

I don't know what you mean by resonates with me..

And I don't understand people that look up types and are able to pick one that fits them best.

Your posts are really amusing :D

It's so fun watching people try to teach people, sometimes the best way to learn is to ignore it all and work it out yourself.