• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFP/ISTP? (Warning: long post)

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Input would be appreciated.

FYI: The format was provided for her.

---

Do you enjoy being around peoples?

Social life? What social life? I really don't crave much human interaction at all. Time by myself is the greatest thing ever. Whatever contact I get at work, online, or at school is more then enough for me. It's rare for me to visit or hang out with even my best of friends outside of school/work more then once a month. That's a very busy month! I hold myself well whenever I absolutely have to be around people. I'm not shy in the least bit. It's not that I am scared to interact. I just plain don't want to most days. So, no. I do not enjoy being around people. But, if I'm fully charged and in good spirits, the company of a few people is cool. You know, once in a while.

-Do you feel more energized when you're with people, or does it drain you?

Draaaaaaaaaains. It leeches the life out of me. I can not function without "me time". I get grumpy and less willing to put up with things. I think my health even takes a beating. Luckily, I am very tolerant. I'm willing to keep a stiff upper lip long after I passed my comfort zone until I can crawl back into my little hole.

-How do you behave differently around strangers from around friends?

Not a huge difference between the two. I'm not any more shy around either, and don't prefer one over the other. But I am more polite towards strangers ;D. Once I get to know a person, it becomes fair game to show them my version of love, playful teasing. Have a funny speech pattern/tick? Expect to hear about it. Are you shorter then me? Hello, munchkin<3. But it's always done in good spirits, and I try to not make it sound malicious. The more I like you, the less restraint.

-Reputation?

IRL, I've been described as a quiet, awkward girl who makes people laugh whenever she decides to talk. I've gotten this "funny" rep somehow >>. Though I may not interact a whole lot with people, when I do they say I'm friendly or nice. I think I've been pegged as that because I don't try and rub anyone the wrong way, am not a negative thinker, and easily laugh and poke fun at myself. Calm and "tough" is another thing I've been told I am, because I barely react to harsh statements or curses, and am downright slow. My energy level is very low. I've been told I give off a big presence, despite my *coughcough* lack of height. Confidence is the reason for that, I guess. But sometimes it seems like that is nothing more then somewhat positive thinking and my dense skull. Quite often, I just don't notice things that would normally shrink down my confidence. I am "blind" is the way folks put it. People sometimes say that I also have undertones of being serious almost every time I joke. Which is true. I cover my "srs" with some "lulz" for the "spoonful of sugar" effect. My honesty has to battle with my peace-loving ways on a daily bases ;;. So Mary Poppin's saying is one I live by. Awkward is the big word I've heard tossed around. But I forget this fact, and keep tripping over my own feet (metaphorically). Think nerdy teen boy from those teen flicks.

I'll let the words of other people describe me too :

Quote:
She's tough but gentle, sweet yet has one of the best gutter-minds I've seen. She's extraordinarily supportive and kind; she always has a smile and an admirable willingness to listen. She's thick-skinned and ballsy and won't take s*** from anyone but is simultaneously sensitive and graceful.

(Graceful may not be the best word for RL me XD)

Quote:
Awesome, chillax, quirky, and just generally one of the coolest people you'll ever meet. I wanna be an _____ when I grow up.

(Cool is a relative term :3)

Quote:
Can't say I've ever had a chance to sit down and have a talk with the girl, but that's not to say that I don't respect her tremendously. Few people can claim to have a personality that is as large and engaging as _____'s that simultaneously demands... well, respect. Maybe it's because of the inherent stability that she seems to emit amongst a more crazy colored background, or maybe it's because she can roll with the punches.Maybe it's because she can be honest without being too revealing, or maybe it's because it's easy to imagine having a good banter with her.

(*blushes*)

Quote:
Her posts are always to the point and friendly and confident.

-Are you a part of a certain "clique" or do you tend to make friends with everyone?

I'm not picky about who I choose to hang around with. I can infiltrate and get along with almost anyone, despite not being a people person. People tend to like me, even if I don't like them back XD.

-Do you find it easy to trust others?

Eh, I trust in myself more when it come to important stuff. I keep that stuff nice and secret. But I can trust people to do meaningless things, even if I know they may break that trust. I don't care enough to bring myself to worry over silly things I don't care about in the first place. So I can trust people with things that don't matter to me?

-Are you comfortable being trusted yourself?

Not really XD. I don't follow through on plans a lot. I'd prefer to only be in charge of my business to be honest. I don't need someone else's problems.

-When you've wronged someone, how quickly do you apologize, if at all? Do you find it easy to "own up," or more difficult?

I own up very easily, even after bragging. "Whoops" is a part of my daily vocabulary. I really am a "lol whatever" person.

Intellectual (work ethic and learning process)

-Do you prefer to work alone, or in a group?

Alooooone. By far. And if I absolutely have to work in a group, I split the work up so that we each have our own, separate things to work on. That way it does not feel groupy at all :'D.

-How do you respond to criticism?

"Lolwhut"? Criticism is wasted on me. I either don't notice it, or choose not to notice it. And I never take it personally when it's constructive criticism. If the person is right, they are right! Like I said, I can own up. But if they are wrong, it's water off a duck's back.

-What's your learning style?

Doing. I learn best when it's hands on. But I can also retain little blurbs of information really well. So just give me a few minutes to fiddle around, some small bits of instruction, and I'll figure it out.

-How artistic are you, and what sorts of art do you enjoy (music, painting, drawing, writing)?

I could be described as being artistic, but I'll never define myself as an artist. Mostly computer graphics. I'm not passionate. Bottom line. I normally don't care enough to give a big piece of art my time and effort. But, when I really feel the artistic urge, I get it done fast. Or else I'll burn out and move on.

-Are you athletic? What sports do you enjoy, if any?

I'm a couch potato. But swimming is really nice.

-How curious are you?

I follow my nose, wherever it goes. If I were a cat, I'd be dead by now.

-Do you feel the need to have a plan, or do you prefer to "go with the flow"?

I'd like a vague idea of what needs to be done, then wing it the rest of the way.

-When you have work to do, how do you pace yourself? (i.e. are you a procrastinator?)

I work better on the short term. I work fairly fast and hard when I need to get something done right away. But if you give me the option to wait, I will abuse that option. I am a chronic procrastinator. So I have done better in turning in pop quizzes then take home tests in high school. Big projects that require dedication, time, and effort are not for me.

-Are you organized, or more messy?

I like a little mess, to be honest. It feels homey.

-Are you a highly focused individual, or are you more easily distracted?

I'm totally distra.......

Emotional (thoughts, feelings, and reactions)

-What do you look for in a potential boyfriend or girlfriend?

Someone who respects my time and is cool about me not being a romantic. Because I'm not good at it. They also need to be able to joke around. Having the same tastes in things as me is important too.

-How would you react to a boyfriend or girlfriend? Would you be obsessive, protective, clingy, detached? How would you show affection?

I act more like a friend, because I feel strange acting gushy. I show affection by teasing and mock fighting. And in the off chance I do try to be romantic, I quickly try and cover it up with a silly remark. When it comes to ze lovin', I get embarrassed ;;. One of the rare things that make me blush.

-How do you react when you're angry at someone? Do you confront them directly or use your anger in other ways? (i.e. are you passive-aggressive)

I wish I could be more direct. It takes me a while to get angry. When I am, I prefer to leave the situation behind me. Ignore it happened, and go on with my day. If I can't leave, and have to be near that person, my body language betrays my true feelings. I shift from side to side, and my tone becomes more and more serious because I start to care less about being polite. I subconsciously start to bluff as well. My movements become rigid and my back stiffens up. Then, if I just have to, I tell them to quickly GTFO NOW BITCH ASS MOTHER FLUCKER. I go into bully mode and force them away from me. I even hit. Only a few people (my sibling) has my bully mode on speed dial ;D. That's because I see him the most, and he is the numero uno space invader. But that almost never happens. I dislike confrontation.

[u-]How sensitive are you?[/u]

Like a rock. I don't get hurt easily. Never really take things personally. I "lolwhatevah" things away.

-Are you a "touchy-feely" person?

Eh, no. I prefer to be the one in control of touching. If I feel comfortable enough to give you a pat on the back, you can do the same. Well, not on my back. That's a "no zone". You know I'm cool with you when I bump into you while walking. BFF status.

-Are you very sure of yourself, or are you more prone to doubt?

I'm sure of myself. And if I'm wrong, who cares? I don't.

-Do you hold grudges? How long? Would you seek revenge on your enemies, so to speak?

Normally I don't. I forget about my anger in a flash. And if someone did give me lingering hate feelings, I'd prefer to laugh at them and their faults from afar.

-How important is forgiveness to you? Consider both others forgiving you and you forgiving others.

I'd like to just drop things. Not even bring them up, and pretend they didn't happen. Lingering on certain silly things is not my style. So I "forgive" easily and want to be "forgiven". It doesn't matter if the other person isn't being honest with me, or I'm actually not feeling the person should be forgiven. What's done is done.

-How do you express your feelings? When you're sad, do you cry or bottle it up inside? Does talking with others help or do you like to deal with your feelings by yourself?

Bottle up please.

-Do you have a temper? Are you quick to anger, or do you take things in stride?
Take it all in stride, baby.

Personal (all other traits)

-Do you prefer to talk or to listen?

Er, I have troubles listening. You can be talking to me, and I may not hear you XD. I still vote listen.

-Do you prefer to lead or to follow?

I don't like feeling responsible for anyone other then me, myself, and I. Follow, if I must.

-How protective are you? Are you more protective of people or things?

I am territorial over things/space. I don't like people in my things, near my things, or in my space. But I'm tolerant, so I bite my lip or try and ignore it for a while before I start dropping hints that I'm not happy about the invasion of my kingdom. I definitely feel invaded everyday. but I keep people away from the things that I am most protective of. My room is a prime example. I rarely have visitors because I don't want them near my area.

-Are you more independent or dependent? Consider parents, friends, and strangers.

Independent. No doubt.

-Would you consider yourself more playful, or serious?

I'm a little more serious then I let people believe. My serious is wrapped in lulz, not the other way around. But it's fairly even.

-How would you describe your sense of humor?

Cheesy and immature. I love puns, easy to follow play on words, and "adult suggestiveness" *tries not to use the word that will reveal her identity*

-Is your appearance important to you?

Oh yes. Looking good makes me feel good. And that's what matters.

-How do you dress? Would you say that you have "fashion sense"? Are you a flashy dresser, or do you prefer to blend in with the crowd?

I do have fashion sense, but don't always get to use it. While I like to keep up with things that look good, I'm not a big spender and can be satisfied with anything as long as it looks good on me. Who cares if it was so last season? And I don't have anyone in mind other then myself when I dress, so I end up a little on the flashy side often. Not anything too drastic like rainbows XD.

-Are you proud of your good qualities? Would you brag about them, or are you more modest?

I am very proud about my good qualities, but don't brag much.

-Are you a "show-off"?

Not so much. I try and even out my pride by pointing out silly mistakes I made. I like to laugh at myself.

-How do you go about getting what you want? Are you manipulative, earnest, or driven?

Normally earnest. If I can, I muscle my way to getting what I want. And I am really good at getting what I want. If I set my mind to something, and I can get it in a reasonable amount of time, I WILL get it. I'm not above five finger discounts when my mind is set.

-How loyal are you to those you love?
I'm no Lassie. I drift away from anyone if you end up not fitting into my schedule. It's hard for me to keep contact with anyone unless they visit (both online and IRL) places I do regularly. Hell, even someone I was raised with my whole life hasn't heard a peep from me in months.

-Are you more optimistic or pessimistic? Does it change depending on the situation?

I'm a realist that takes the truth with a smile. I'm not sure if that's optimistic. For example, I don't think everything will turn out perfect. I think oh well, it's not perfect but that's ok.

-How are you and authority?

I get along with authority the same way I get along with anybody else. They are the same in my eyes. Just because they are the boss does not give them any more or less respect from me. I don't go out being a rebel, but if I don't like a law I won't follow it (if I can get away with it. )

-Do you enjoy life in a hierarchy? How would you rank yourself? Do you enjoy being at that "rank"?

I don't have a real hierarchy. The world is divided into people I don't know, like, and dislike. And I like myself because I'm in the "like" category :D.

-Do you enjoy helping others? Or, do you need to be needed? When someone needs something from you, would you help willingly, enthusiasticly, or grudgingly?
I hate feeling responsible. I don't mind helping someone once or twice. And if they do make an effort, I can be pretty damn motherly and lead them straight to the solution. But I will not help those who don't help themselves, always need my help, or go far out of my way. Once in a while you need something from me? Sure, why not. Just don't make it a habit.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
You could suggest other types, if you want. I had her down as an ISP.

Interesting. My gut told me she was an ISTP, but I figured her lack of overt emotions was due to internalised feeling (Fi). Thank you. *goes to browse ISTP-related threads*

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd guess ISTP based on this.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
Great post. And I agree with the ISTP guesses.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
You could suggest other types, if you want. I had her down as an ISP.

Interesting. My gut told me she was an ISTP, but I figured her lack of overt emotions was due to internalised feeling (Fi). Thank you. *goes to browse ISTP-related threads*

See, this is why I started the "INTP openness with emotions" thread. If you have a look at that and compare it to the similar INFP thread, it seems ITPs are perhaps even less prone to emotional expression than the IFPs. So introverted individuals who appear unemotional and stoic have equal likelihood of being ITP or IFP (meaning, it's not a good distinguishing factor.)

I'd definitely say this person is ISTP.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
See, this is why I started the "INTP openness with emotions" thread. If you have a look at that and compare it to the similar INFP thread, it seems ITPs are perhaps even less prone to emotional expression than the IFPs. So introverted individuals who appear unemotional and stoic have equal likelihood of being ITP or IFP (meaning, it's not a good distinguishing factor.)

I'd definitely say this person is ISTP.

I read through some of the posts in the thread, and damn, they hold true for the both of us.Come to think of it, we do think very much alike. Except she's more reckless and I think but rarely act. And I can run rings around her with deadpan humour. Thanks for the opinion. Everyone so far is gunning for ISTP.

*is handed a "So you're dating an ISTP..." pamphlet*

VagrantFarce

*is handed a "So you're dating an ISTP..." pamphlet*

Page 3 - Ensure you wear Protecting Clothing

peosnew-02.jpg

B

brainheart

I relate so much to this girl it's nuts. She seems really cool...

How I'm different: I can take criticism personally sometimes. Often I don't and I don't care, but sometimes...

And then how she talked about art... totally different than my viewpoint. I would have to attribute these differences due to Fi/Ti.

Although I can 'act tough' like her, for sure. So if she's being honest... ISTP. If she's protecting herself so she won't be vulnerable... i wouldn't rule out ISFP.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
She is a cool girl. Hell knows why she picked me.

Although I can 'act tough' like her, for sure. So if she's being honest... ISTP. If she's protecting herself so she won't be vulnerable... i wouldn't rule out ISFP.

I was thinking this, as well. "Trust the tale, not the teller". It does sound like she's over-comepensating somewhat. But none of what she said contradicts her actions, so I trust her.