• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is truly my type?

Willywallywoo

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am conflicted over what type I really am. I am not sure wether or not I am ENFP, ENFJ, INFJ or INFP.

I am female.
I love being social, I especially love talking to people; one on one or in bigger groups, it doesnt matter. Though I love good conversations one on one a lot. I really love people a lot, and especially love my friends/family. Whom I always put on a pidestal and idealize.

I am pretty much open about everything that goes through my mind, aslong as I don't feel that I am making the person I am talking to uncomfortable. I can tend to regret being too open about things for peoples sakes, incase all my chattering would have made them bored/uncomfortable/think I am an idiot. My guilt bothers me a lot, and I also feel guilty really easily - for alot of stupid things! :p Because I have very high demands of myself to be perfect in interactions with people and liked by everyone. :p I am also trying to be strict of living according to values, both my own and those that are seen as highly esteemed by society.

A lot of the time I have a highspeed train in my head of thoughts, ideas and analysations going through. I also tend to analyze people I meet a lot, and have a fairly good way of reading them-though I can doubt I am right at times incase I would be wrong and try to view them from outside my own perspective for a more correct analyzation, and I place a great deal of importance of correctness and making a conclusion so I can go to the next question. I am always the hobby-psychologist, trying to fix peoples problems and help them see other perspectives.
I am also seen as the person who's always happy, bubbly, outgoing. Though I am not too happy about getting massive ammounts of attention, but want to be simply appriecated for what I do and how I help people. I also have a rather good confidence.
I also love new experiences, new perspectives, contrast and variations. Variation usually make me very happy, though I can be happy with routine also for periods of time.

lastly, I am really unsure wether or not I am a P or J.
I am definatly the organized leader type.
I tend to be extremely organized and structured if it benefits people around me, and I love having a tidy room (allthough I don't always have it). At the same time I can procastinate a lot in context to my own life- such as paying my own bills can take time. I also love making plans ahead and plan the future a lot, I can plan everything, and usually follow through those plans that I am really keen on and makes me happy. Though often I can also change my mind if another option comes along that seems better.

Ok this got long, and now I feel bad for typing such a long post!! haha!

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I think you just gave us a beautiful example of an ENFJ :)

B

brainheart

Yeah, I would say that as well, although I wouldn't totally rule out ESFJ. I'm just saying you should give it a good look before you make up your mind. Do you relate more to the NF temperament or the SJ?

Willywallywoo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Thanks for the replies! :cheese:

I have looked at the SF part, but I am almost positive I am NF.
I mean I can be practical, observant, state facts and be realistic too.And I have a really really good detail memory.
But I am wastly philosophic and wondering almost all the time, weighing up loads of different options and combinations, trying to find the perfect solution.I can think very abstractly and come up with ideas and concepts a lot. I also study siences. Both in spare time and university.
People say I think too much :p

It's more the E and J I am uncertain of.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
I was ready to say ENFJ until that last post. Nothing you said precludes ESFJ, and since both ENFJ and ESFJ would have an introverted perceiving function, you might want to look specifically at whether you can identify more with Ni or Si as a function. Assuming you do relate more to Ni, then I would agree with the ENFJ guesses...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think ExFJ, too.

Willywallywoo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Uhh, tricky! Honestly I feel I relate to both rather well upon reading these descirptions (I am really really new to MBTI). But my Si at the moment is making me suddenly realize this: I've relied heavily on Ni all my life, up untill a few years ago. I used to get certain weird predictions, which always turned out right. They werent always so nice, and I somewhat disliked being right. Which made me supress Ni and turn to Si heavily. Telling myself the only thing I should trust is what is here and now and facts. The Si got very evolved in all of this, for a number of reasons.
The Ni is still very strong however, and I had another intuition recently that made no sense according to any use of Si or any use of sensing whatsoever. Which also turned out right. Though I've tried to search myself if my Si/Se could have told me it was going to happen, it still doesnt make sense Si or Se would come to the same conclusion as Ni.

Anyway, sorry for rambling :p But just had a big and somwhat important realization!

A lot of people say I am ENFP however! I've tried to search the net for proper descriptions of judging and perceiving. And I may very well be perceiving. I use perceiving when it comes to things about myself (education to choose, like having options open, laid back about everything in context to myself- i keep thinking I'll always find another option etc. I can take long walks witout knowing were I will go, i never read tourist guides when I travel- I just go by random to wherever) but very judging when it comes to others, as I love organizing stuff and putting things in system for them and order when others are able to enjoy the outcome of it. I also categorize people a lot, I mean MBTI for me is so interessting because it gives me another tool to comprehend people and draw conclusions.

Thanks a lot for the replies! :)

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
I think Ni is pretty tough to relate to for people who don't use it comfortably, so if you can identify with the description, then you probably use it. If you're comfortable using Ni, then you're not ENFP (they rely more on Ne than Ni - and those functions are very different). So, I'm sticking with ENFJ over ENFP as my guess. But really, what do I know? I can only base this on a few things you've disclosed about yourself. If you see more ENFP than ENFJ in yourself, go with it. Don't let anyone here try to talk you out of it - we don't know you.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am conflicted over what type I really am. I am not sure wether or not I am ENFP, ENFJ, INFJ or INFP.

I am female.
I love being social, I especially love talking to people; one on one or in bigger groups, it doesnt matter. Though I love good conversations one on one a lot. I really love people a lot, and especially love my friends/family. Whom I always put on a pidestal and idealize.

Fe

I am pretty much open about everything that goes through my mind, aslong as I don't feel that I am making the person I am talking to uncomfortable.

Ni

I can tend to regret being too open about things for peoples sakes, incase all my chattering would have made them bored/uncomfortable/think I am an idiot. My guilt bothers me a lot, and I also feel guilty really easily - for alot of stupid things! :p Because I have very high demands of myself to be perfect in interactions with people and liked by everyone. :p I am also trying to be strict of living according to values, both my own and those that are seen as highly esteemed by society.

Fe...I would wager a guess that your personal values are even more influenced by those "highly esteemed by society" than you might realize.

A lot of the time I have a highspeed train in my head of thoughts, ideas and analysations going through. I also tend to analyze people I meet a lot, and have a fairly good way of reading them-though I can doubt I am right at times incase I would be wrong and try to view them from outside my own perspective for a more correct analyzation,

Ni

and I place a great deal of importance of correctness and making a conclusion so I can go to the next question. I am always the hobby-psychologist, trying to fix peoples problems and help them see other perspectives.

so so very Fe+Ni

I am also seen as the person who's always happy, bubbly, outgoing. Though I am not too happy about getting massive ammounts of attention, but want to be simply appriecated for what I do and how I help people. I also have a rather good confidence.

Fe

I also love new experiences, new perspectives, contrast and variations. Variation usually make me very happy, though I can be happy with routine also for periods of time.

Ni, with the part about routine pointing to Fe

lastly, I am really unsure wether or not I am a P or J.
I am definatly the organized leader type.
I tend to be extremely organized and structured if it benefits people around me, and I love having a tidy room (allthough I don't always have it). At the same time I can procastinate a lot in context to my own life- such as paying my own bills can take time. I also love making plans ahead and plan the future a lot, I can plan everything, and usually follow through those plans that I am really keen on and makes me happy.

Though often I can also change my mind if another option comes along that seems better.

Ni says: What perspectives have I failed to consider in my assumptions that the current plan is the best?

Ok this got long, and now I feel bad for typing such a long post!! haha!

Fe is worried that such long posts might violate forum etiquette. :laugh:

Classic ENFJ. The bolded parts illustrate it most, imho.

A lot of people get confused about P/J because MBTI illustrates the concept so poorly. It oversimplifies by saying "Js are organized; Ps are not!" but that's only half the story.

Actually, Js are only externally organized. Their inner worlds are often patchworks of different ideas and perspectives with a much higher degree of internal flexibility than is shown by Ps. As long as the outer world is organized and under control, internal perspective can shift around quite a bit.

On the other hand, Ps are externally disorganized but place much more emphasis on having precisely defined internal perspectives. As long as internal perspective is consistent, external methodology can change quickly and easily.

So since all types will be organized in one sense and flexible in the other, many people mistakenly believe themselves to be "borderline P/J" because MBTI tells them that Js are always organized and Ps are always disorganized, but again that's a gross oversimplification.

In summary, your self-description points very heavily toward ENFJ.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yup ENFJ based off of pure vibe. Simulated spelled it out pretty well factually.

Willywallywoo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Alright! :)
I appriecate the input a whole lot, especially being so new at this..! Thanks :)

You guys are probably right about this, and I do emphazise in certain parts with ENFJ (chameleon part is very me!)- I just feel I never do enough and is helpfull enough or considerate enough to fit such a descprition. I do emphasize about being hard on myself ALOT though :cheese: I can be brutal haha! So that may just be a sign alone.