• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Getting in on the kid trend...type this one

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, I just related to the romanticism, dramatic flair, and ideolgically-driven Betas. I don't relate to only grouping together with people for practical or productive purposes like Deltas.

Of course, I don't necessarily relate to the whole thing with Betas laughing loudly with stereotypical jokes about others, but then again do relate to the idea that it's hurtful to criticize someone within a group instead of in private.

I had to choose one since you made me ;), and while I didn't agree with all of Beta, I saw more of my prominant personality traits there.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I just related to the romanticism, dramatic flair, and ideolgically-driven Betas. I don't relate to only grouping together with people for practical or productive purposes like Deltas.

Of course, I don't necessarily relate to the whole thing with Betas laughing loudly with stereotypical jokes about others, but then again do relate to the idea that it's hurtful to criticize someone within a group instead of in private.

I had to choose one since you made me ;), and while I didn't agree with all of Beta, I saw more of my prominant personality traits there.

Yeah keep in mind Beta has to describe ISTJ, ESTP, INFP, and ENFJ. I'd say you're definitely Beta and definitely my Business partner (socionics relation Business - Wikisocion).

As for MBTI there are too many ambiguities with being borderline E/I. But on ENFP vs INFP in socionics, the two are so different that it's hard to confuse them.

And sorry that I've been unhelpful when it comes to MBTI, but yeah.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ But socionics INFp is NiFe....of course it's more similar to ENFj (FeNi) than ENFp (NeFi).

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ But socionics INFp is NiFe....of course it's more similar to ENFj (FeNi) than ENFp (NeFi).

Yep. Pretty much.

Also I forgot to add that you're probably highly influenced by the social variant in some way in the enneagram, and that might confuse you with being extroverted.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yep. Pretty much.

Also I forgot to add that you're probably highly influenced by the social variant in some way in the enneagram, and that might confuse you with being extroverted.

Well, I get INFJ a great deal on tests, in fact did on the 3D test tonight, but people are always telling me about my irritating Fi on here, which leans toward xNFP.

As for enneagram, yup, I am a 4w3, which gives me a sort of "show off" aspect to my wing at least.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's a good point, BC. I imagine 4w3 INFPs seeming more "extroverted" than 4w5 INFPs.

VagrantFarce

Why do you think you have Fi over Fe? (beyond people telling you that you do)

Having Fi also means you have Te, so why that over Ti?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why do you think you have Fi over Fe? (beyond people telling you that you do)

Having Fi also means you have Te, so why that over Ti?

Well, let me begin by saying that after some thought, I OVERWHELMINGLY relate to the Beta expressiveness and opinionated arguing over the Delta practicality, subdued behavior, and avoidance of offending others, which apparently in Socionics correlates my behavior to Fe instead of Fi.

People on here - more than one person - has observed that I appear to have high Fi. On here. Which suggests to me that these individuals are attributing my strong political and social opinions to Fi.

I don't know why I would have Te over Ti, other than I suck at putting together puzzles, like I hate those math problems where you have to assess a complex pattern, in math (which I detest) I'd much rather do simple logic problems or geometry - but I like old-fashioned cozy mystery novels and word searches, which are forms of a puzzle. I also do a great deal of literary analysis - which would require Ti, I think, unless I'm creating "pseudo Ti" with Fi+Te.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I've thought you were INFP but I still like you.

(INFJ is possible?)

VagrantFarce

Just consider the differences between the functions for yourself:

Fi vs Fe

Ti vs Fi

"Extraverted Feeling is conceptual and analytic. It encourages us to make rational choices, to measure our options for relationship against an external standard of behaviors. What distinguishes this function from Extraverted Thinking is the fact that relatedness involves human beings, not impersonal abstractions."

Defining Introverted Feeling and Extraverted Feeling | Dolphin Dive

"In contrast to the "linear thinking" necessitated by extraverted thinking's representation in terms of verbally defined criteria, Ti takes in everything at once and converts it into a "way in which the whole fits together." You can't stop and explain each step as you go; there are no steps, only flow, only finding the groove and going with it."

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's a good point, BC. I imagine 4w3 INFPs seeming more "extroverted" than 4w5 INFPs.

Oh yes, 4w3s are definitely more "extroverted." But what I meant was the instinct.

And Marmalade is pretty obvious MBTI Fi.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, on that list I relate to all but one aspect of Fi and all but one aspect of Fe.

I don't relate to Fi not sharing their beliefs publicly, because I do.

I don't relate to Fe always knowing the right words to say, because sometimes I don't.

However, everything else makes sense to me. I actually used to have Fe care-taker syndrome when I was younger to the point of enabling people. I refuse to do it now because of life experience and observing others.

I most strongly relate to this about Fe:

You easily disclose personal details to encourage others to express themselves.

You place importance on making space for the expression of feelings -- positive and negative

I most strongly relate to this about Fi:

Fundamental truths are often the basis for your actions, and standing up for these truths is energizing and compelling.

When you feel strongly, you point out contradictions and incongruities

I also used to reign in the behavior of my SP ex-boyfriend when he would do things horrendously inappropriate and attempt to re-parent him in some extremely important ways (I was counter culture, but he was an honest-to-god social deviant/juvenile delinquent as a teenager). I've read somewhere that this is stereotypical of INFJs.

I don't know. That's why I want help.

The Fi vs. Ti link seems broken. I was unable to locate the information, at least.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's fine, you just have to scroll down :)

Oh ha ha ...thanks. I'll have to take some time to read that.

Well, also on your post I relate to Ti vs. Te in that last quoted paragraph. I'm not big on linear, step-by-step anything.

Edit: After reading Fi vs. Ti on personality cafe I can at the very least tell you that Ti is not my dominant or auxillary function, but I kind of already knew that. I am some sort of F type. This is not to say I would exclude it, though, as being a tertiary or inferior function if evidence came to light supporting Ni/Fe, etc.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ok - more votes for ENFP than anything.

The INFP-Beta quad association from socionics actually denotes Ni/Fe, not Fi/Ne, so is there anyone here who thinks that MBTI INFJ is a viable option?

Otherwise I'm sticking with ENFP.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just consider the differences between the functions for yourself:

Fi vs Fe

This is more Fi-dom vs Fe-dom. Functions in the auxiliary position may work a bit differently.

Marmalade, you may find it easy to volunteer values and very private information, but that could be extroversion and coming from a Ne-dom approach. Fe may actually be more concerned with the propriety of such expressions.

Fi tends to be private and hates to push an agenda, but will not shy away from defending values. I'm pretty comfortable being the voice of dissent, but I choose my battles and I don't seek them out. I'll occasionally offer something seemingly personal to get people to open up also - the thing is, it's not something that makes me feel vulnerable. I don't see how Fe is any more interested in expression of feelings than Fi. Expression is pretty necessary for Fi also.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is more Fi-dom vs Fe-dom. Functions in the auxiliary position may work a bit differently.

Marmalade, you may find it easy to volunteer values and very private information, but that could be extroversion and coming from a Ne-dom approach. Fe may actually be more concerned with the propriety of such expressions.

Fi tends to be private and hates to push an agenda, but will not shy away from defending values. I'm pretty comfortable being the voice of dissent, but I choose my battles and I don't seek them out. I'll occasionally offer something seemingly personal to get people to open up also - the thing is, it's not something that makes me feel vulnerable. I don't see how Fe is any more interested in expression of feelings than Fi. Expression is pretty necessary for Fi also.

Thanks for this input.

Also, your subtitle makes me smile.