User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Just consider the differences between the functions for yourself:

Fi vs Fe

Ti vs Fi

"Extraverted Feeling is conceptual and analytic. It encourages us to make rational choices, to measure our options for relationship against an external standard of behaviors. What distinguishes this function from Extraverted Thinking is the fact that relatedness involves human beings, not impersonal abstractions."
    Defining Introverted Feeling and Extraverted Feeling | Dolphin Dive

"In contrast to the "linear thinking" necessitated by extraverted thinking's representation in terms of verbally defined criteria, Ti takes in everything at once and converts it into a "way in which the whole fits together." You can't stop and explain each step as you go; there are no steps, only flow, only finding the groove and going with it."
    Hello

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    That's a good point, BC. I imagine 4w3 INFPs seeming more "extroverted" than 4w5 INFPs.
    Oh yes, 4w3s are definitely more "extroverted." But what I meant was the instinct.

And Marmalade is pretty obvious MBTI Fi.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Oh yes, 4w3s are definitely more "extroverted." But what I meant was the instinct.

And Marmalade is pretty obvious MBTI Fi.
    sx/sp/so

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    sx/sp/so
    Well then! No wonder! xD I knew social was strange for you, but I guess it's really just a 4w3 being more "extroverted." I'm still learning.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well, on that list I relate to all but one aspect of Fi and all but one aspect of Fe.

I don't relate to Fi not sharing their beliefs publicly, because I do.

I don't relate to Fe always knowing the right words to say, because sometimes I don't.

However, everything else makes sense to me. I actually used to have Fe care-taker syndrome when I was younger to the point of enabling people. I refuse to do it now because of life experience and observing others.

I most strongly relate to this about Fe:

You easily disclose personal details to encourage others to express themselves.

You place importance on making space for the expression of feelings -- positive and negative

I most strongly relate to this about Fi:

Fundamental truths are often the basis for your actions, and standing up for these truths is energizing and compelling.

When you feel strongly, you point out contradictions and incongruities

I also used to reign in the behavior of my SP ex-boyfriend when he would do things horrendously inappropriate and attempt to re-parent him in some extremely important ways (I was counter culture, but he was an honest-to-god social deviant/juvenile delinquent as a teenager). I've read somewhere that this is stereotypical of INFJs.

I don't know. That's why I want help.

The Fi vs. Ti link seems broken. I was unable to locate the information, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    The Fi vs. Ti link seems broken. I was unable to locate the information, at least.
    It's fine, you just have to scroll down
    Hello

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    It's fine, you just have to scroll down
    Oh ha ha ...thanks. I'll have to take some time to read that.

Well, also on your post I relate to Ti vs. Te in that last quoted paragraph. I'm not big on linear, step-by-step anything.

Edit: After reading Fi vs. Ti on personality cafe I can at the very least tell you that Ti is not my dominant or auxillary function, but I kind of already knew that. I am some sort of F type. This is not to say I would exclude it, though, as being a tertiary or inferior function if evidence came to light supporting Ni/Fe, etc.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ok - more votes for ENFP than anything.

The INFP-Beta quad association from socionics actually denotes Ni/Fe, not Fi/Ne, so is there anyone here who thinks that MBTI INFJ is a viable option?

Otherwise I'm sticking with ENFP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Just consider the differences between the functions for yourself:

Fi vs Fe
    This is more Fi-dom vs Fe-dom. Functions in the auxiliary position may work a bit differently.

Marmalade, you may find it easy to volunteer values and very private information, but that could be extroversion and coming from a Ne-dom approach. Fe may actually be more concerned with the propriety of such expressions.

Fi tends to be private and hates to push an agenda, but will not shy away from defending values. I'm pretty comfortable being the voice of dissent, but I choose my battles and I don't seek them out. I'll occasionally offer something seemingly personal to get people to open up also - the thing is, it's not something that makes me feel vulnerable. I don't see how Fe is any more interested in expression of feelings than Fi. Expression is pretty necessary for Fi also.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    This is more Fi-dom vs Fe-dom. Functions in the auxiliary position may work a bit differently.

Marmalade, you may find it easy to volunteer values and very private information, but that could be extroversion and coming from a Ne-dom approach. Fe may actually be more concerned with the propriety of such expressions.

Fi tends to be private and hates to push an agenda, but will not shy away from defending values. I'm pretty comfortable being the voice of dissent, but I choose my battles and I don't seek them out. I'll occasionally offer something seemingly personal to get people to open up also - the thing is, it's not something that makes me feel vulnerable. I don't see how Fe is any more interested in expression of feelings than Fi. Expression is pretty necessary for Fi also.

Thanks for this input.

Also, your subtitle makes me smile.