User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'd say ENFP because you sound rather extroverted. I agree that you sound like you have high Fi, and a tertiary Si streak, as opposed to the inferior distrust of Si that an ENFP may have. However, you seem to speak of yourself in terms of how you interact with people. Maybe it's because you are reflecting on the past, but I hear less about your internal self, which is what I'd expect from an INFP.

So my answer is: eNFP
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    It sounds like you had a lot to deal with when you were younger. When did you first start living with your adopted siblings? Were you older than 6?

Ok, you were 13. Nevermind. Yea, so you were basically an only child then. I think it might be more difficult to type only children, or people who grew up essentially as only children(didn't have siblings until much later in life). When you spend a lot of time alone, I think you strengthen many of the functions that you otherwise wouldn't have had you been around a lot of children on a consistent basis.
    I see what you mean here, yes.

My Fi and Si are also very strong. I remember most things from my childhood, and am extremely sentimental about it. I have always been that way. I had a very close imaginary friend until I was about 6. I can still recall how things smelled when I was little, how things felt, what relaxed me, what made me angry. I can still feel many of the feelings I had as a child. I mean, really feel them.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I'd say ENFP because you sound rather extroverted. I agree that you sound like you have high Fi, and a tertiary Si streak, as opposed to the inferior distrust of Si that an ENFP may have. However, you seem to speak of yourself in terms of how you interact with people. Maybe it's because you are reflecting on the past, but I hear less about your internal self, which is what I'd expect from an INFP.

So my answer is: eNFP
    My internal self is more like something I would talk about on Live Journal, and wouldn't be comfortable doing so here as much.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Well, I was an only child in my formative years. As I said, I spent a year with my three sisters when I was eight, and from thirteen on helped to care for my adopted siblings. I guess it only counts in the first six years, or am I mistaken?
    Yea, usually it's the first 5-6 years when an only child orientation is expected to take place. So you'd likely have more of an only child orientation than anything else.

I've read that it can be difficult to determine introversion vs. extroversion for only children, or people who spent their formative years without siblings in the home(ex:first borns with siblings more than 5 years younger). LL had the same issue.

Introspection was a large part of my life too. There was no option really. I would be by myself in my room, turn on some music, and journal about my day, my thoughts and feelings...all of that. I've kept a consistent journal of my entire life beginning at age 8. I often desired to be alone, in peace and quiet. Having that time to reflect is so familiar to me. I find myself frustrated if I don't get time to just think and digest my thoughts-alone.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ?

My internal self is more like something I would talk about on Live Journal, and wouldn't be comfortable doing so here as much.
    Would it be fair to say that you are highly aware of your "internal self" though?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Yea, usually it's the first 5-6 years when an only child orientation is expected to take place. So you'd likely have more of an only child orientation than anything else.

I've read that it can be difficult to determine introversion vs. extroversion for only children, or people who spent their formative years without siblings in the home(ex:first borns with siblings more than 5 years younger). LL had the same issue.

Introspection was a large part of my life too. There was no option really. I would be by myself in my room, turn on some music, and journal about my day, my thoughts and feelings...all of that. I've kept a consistent journal of my entire life beginning at age 8. I often desired to be alone, in peace and quiet. Having that time to reflect is so familiar to me. I find myself frustrated if I don't get time to just think and digest my thoughts-alone.
    That makes sense - my mom often says how my nephew is sort of like an only child because he is so much older than his younger sister.

I relate strongly to the last paragraph, which would also answer Ruthie's question, that yes, it is fair to say I'm very aware of my internal world.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Neither would most INFPs, but there's a way of phrasing things...
    I'm not discounting Fi-dom for you, but I tend to think extrovert from this info.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If you're honestly confused by ENFP and INFP, read these and tell me which you relate to more. They're opposing, so it shouldn't be too difficult-

Delta Quadra - Wikisocion <- For ENFP
    Beta Quadra - Wikisocion <- For INFP

And yes I know it's socionics, and all that crap about how some people are different, but tell me anyway.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Beta.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

INFp in socionics then. How you want to take that in terms of MBTI is up to you.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)