User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

He's probably an ENFP. The guy himself says that's the type that fits him best, and if that's what he thinks then he's probably right.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Hi

Hmm, from my experience the only types I knew ever really intrested in tabletop games were INTPs, INFPs, ENTPs and an occasional INTJ. Given he would play RPGs and fantasy related stuff, I'ld definitly give him the N notion ( not that Sensors dont do that, I just never seen one who took it real serious ).

Well hard to say, I am leaning towards INFP or ENTP. Ne and Si make sense tho so far
    I'll add an ISTJ and 2 ESTPs to that list.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

big hairy- I'm just having a tough time reconciling the inability to talk with most ENFPs I know.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

brainheart

I see Ni, not Ne, what with pointing out the ad, the thing about karaoke- those seem like very Ni+Se observations- I notice that kind of stuff often. (So maybe it's Se+Ni?) Or maybe I don't understand Ne vs Ni well enough?

Also, how you talked about being a couple before you'd ever even done anything, seems so Ni... But you are an infj so you should know... does it seem like Ni to you? My ESFP husband told me he loved me the first time we hung out alone... granted, he was drunk, but he's always said he just knew that we were supposed to be together. I felt that way, too- I've always felt that way... I know immediately whether I like someone or not- but my dominant Fi wasn't quite so willing to admit it.

I don't know about rpg, d&d, that stuff has never held any interest for me.

I could never talk for ten hours straight, I don't care how great the person is, but then how he is often quiet because he can't think of anything to say when under pressure, wow, yeah I'm like that. (Or were you saying that you talked for less than half the time you were together?)

I'm seeing Fi. I've considered all of the mbti options you first mentioned for myself, too. And I love words, playing with words, so don't let that rule out Se for you. Some of us Se types see words as something physical, auditory, something pliable to play with.

Feeling like an outsider... becoming the class clown... my husband felt the same way. Childlike... yep. He was a computer science major. Our first conversations were about music, and that's still what we mainly talk about, enjoy together.

I'm thinking ESFP, ISFP, or INTJ.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    big hairy- I'm just having a tough time reconciling the inability to talk with most ENFPs I know.
    +1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Yeah, I'm not getting ENFP. I could be quiet in a group I was uncomfortable with, but never in a romantic relationship.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    How old is he?

A lot is made of the ENFP's social skills, but nobody comes out of the womb with a ready made set of skills of any kind (except for sleeping and crying). They all have to be learnt and developed, and not everyone does this at the same pace. I think it's definitely easier for ENFPs to be sociable and talkative, but they still have to learn how. This might particularly true of male ENFPs who often have gender stereotypes to contend with. I'm 31, and these days I'm highly talkative, but I was fairly quiet when I was younger.

Also, the kind of situations that you describe him as being quiet in are ones that sound like they might be quite emotionally charged (like an argument, for example). Don't forget that ENFPs have introverted Feeling, and it can be quite difficult for them to express their emotions, especially when they are younger. Again, this can particularly be the case for male ENFPs.

When I was 22 I went out for a while with an INTJ (I think) who was around 30. If I have her typed correctly, she also had introverted Feeling but she was quite a bit more mature than me, and in our relationship it was like she was the F and I was the T. We would often have arguments where at the end of it I didn't for the life of me know what it was we had been arguing about.

One last thing: I know lots and lots of other ENFPs and we come in many different flavours, as all types do.

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    And I love words, playing with words, so don't let that rule out Se for you. Some of us Se types see words as something physical, auditory, something pliable to play with.
    That's a cool observation - I hadn't thought of it like that.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I see Ni, not Ne, what with pointing out the ad, the thing about karaoke- those seem like very Ni+Se observations- I notice that kind of stuff often. (So maybe it's Se+Ni?) Or maybe I don't understand Ne vs Ni well enough?

Also, how you talked about being a couple before you'd ever even done anything, seems so Ni... But you are an infj so you should know... does it seem like Ni to you? My ESFP husband told me he loved me the first time we hung out alone... granted, he was drunk, but he's always said he just knew that we were supposed to be together. I felt that way, too- I've always felt that way... I know immediately whether I like someone or not- but my dominant Fi wasn't quite so willing to admit it.

I don't know about rpg, d&d, that stuff has never held any interest for me.

I could never talk for ten hours straight, I don't care how great the person is, but then how he is often quiet because he can't think of anything to say when under pressure, wow, yeah I'm like that. (Or were you saying that you talked for less than half the time you were together?)

I'm seeing Fi. I've considered all of the mbti options you first mentioned for myself, too. And I love words, playing with words, so don't let that rule out Se for you. Some of us Se types see words as something physical, auditory, something pliable to play with.

Feeling like an outsider... becoming the class clown... my husband felt the same way. Childlike... yep. He was a computer science major. Our first conversations were about music, and that's still what we mainly talk about, enjoy together.

I'm thinking ESFP, ISFP, or INTJ.
    It's interesting that you can identify with so much I have said about him....
    The thing about talking about being a couple before anything really happened....Mh....I don't really know if that sounds Ni to me ...the thing is, in general, I don't really see Ni in him..........I have quite a few friends with Ni as their dominant or auxiliary function, and I really very much relate to that....I just feel how similar we are.....I didn't really see that in him....but maybe one wouldn't be able to notice the tetiary function in that way....
    the only function I can clearly identify in some cases is Fi......

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by bighairything View Post
    How old is he?

A lot is made of the ENFP's social skills, but nobody comes out of the womb with a ready made set of skills of any kind (except for sleeping and crying). They all have to be learnt and developed, and not everyone does this at the same pace. I think it's definitely easier for ENFPs to be sociable and talkative, but they still have to learn how. This might particularly true of male ENFPs who often have gender stereotypes to contend with. I'm 31, and these days I'm highly talkative, but I was fairly quiet when I was younger.

Also, the kind of situations that you describe him as being quiet in are ones that sound like they might be quite emotionally charged (like an argument, for example). Don't forget that ENFPs have introverted Feeling, and it can be quite difficult for them to express their emotions, especially when they are younger. Again, this can particularly be the case for male ENFPs.

When I was 22 I went out for a while with an INTJ (I think) who was around 30. If I have her typed correctly, she also had introverted Feeling but she was quite a bit more mature than me, and in our relationship it was like she was the F and I was the T. We would often have arguments where at the end of it I didn't for the life of me know what it was we had been arguing about.

One last thing: I know lots and lots of other ENFPs and we come in many different flavours, as all types do.
    He is 29. So.....that should be an argument against ENFP, since one should have developed to some degree until that age.....
    what you tell about your dating this female INTJ is quite interesting..... this also happened with one of my best friends whom I thought to be and INFJ for sure, and when I happened to find out she was an INTJ (though maybe a weak T), I couldn't believe that she wasn't my type, since we understand each other so perfectly that I could never have imagined that she didn't have F. However, does your example point towards him possibly beeing an INFJ or ENFP?