• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an INFP or an INFJ?

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
"The theme is having a course of action to follow. People of this stylefocus on knowing what to do and keeping themselves, the group, or the project on track. They prefer to enter a situation having an idea of what is to happen. They identify a process to accomplish a goal and have a somewhat contained tension as they work to create and monitor a plan. The aim is not the plan itself, but to use it as a guide to move things along toward the goal. Their informed and deliberate decisions are based on analyzing, outlining, conceptualizing or foreseeing what needs to be done."

I think I relate to this one more, although I relate to both. In group work I usually take the role of someone who keeps the group on track. I ask the group questions like "what are we going to do next", "so, which theme will we choose out of these", "now that we have accomplished this, shall we move on to the next stage", "now, who will write the report". I may even write a list of the things that the group needs to decide on at first, and then I ask what everyone thinks and if some people disagree, I suggest that we vote. I also make suggestions of my own as answers to these questions that I pose, but think that the group's decisions should be democratic-- I don't try to tyrannise.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
If you relate to this more you are INFP-

If you relate to this more you're INFJ-

I'm not sure if one should decide on their type only based on this. I, for once, relate more to the INFJ bit, even though I'm definitely not one. However, despite being an INFP, I definitely have some secret bossy tendencies, and if I have a plan, I really want everyone to follow it, and I'm able to see to it. I'm afraid I'm not at all that democratic if I really want to fulfill some vision of mine, even though I might act democratic in the process.

But as for Kaveri, I also agree with the INFJ typing. Various parts of your description sounded very Ni, Fe and Ti to me.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you relate to this more you are INFP-

If you relate to this more you're INFJ-

Also- INFP INFJ

I like the top INFP description for myself, but I've never been crazy about that best fit type description.

And to the OP: Definitely don't get stuck on the little things you don't relate to for a type, but go with the overall picture. No MBTI profile can accurately describe YOU, because you are an individual.

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
Hm, but I still wonder... I have read that INFP children can be very people-pleasing. And when I read this description of Fi, I immediately understood it better than the description of any other function. When I read about the other functions, I have to think and wonder, "what does this mean," but when I read about Fi, I don't have to think and wonder so much, 'cause it somehow feels familiar, even if there are some things in there that don't hold true for me.

Hm, I'll change my typing to INFP now and will change it later to INFJ if it starts to feel more correct.

My sister is also an INFP (even more "stereotypic" INFP than I, in my opinion) and she displays many Fe qualities... like being concerned about others' well-being.

Fecal McAngry

Hm, but I still wonder... I have read that INFP children can be very people-pleasing. And when I read this description of Fi, I immediately understood it better than the description of any other function. When I read about the other functions, I have to think and wonder, "what does this mean," but when I read about Fi, I don't have to think and wonder so much, 'cause it somehow feels familiar, even if there are some things in there that don't hold true for me.

Hm, I'll change my typing to INFP now and will change it later to INFJ if it starts to feel more correct.
INFJ: YouTube - Ron Paul on Monetary Policy

INFP: YouTube - Gary Oldman interview

INFP interviewed by INFJ:
YouTube - Sean Penn interview- Part 1
YouTube - Sean Penn interview- Part 2