User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: enfp vs entp

Default enfp vs entp

Well I've got quite a few posts on here now, so ya'll should have a fairly ok idea of my thoughts.

I never considered ENTP before today but when the second person mentioned that I sounded more ENTP than ENFP, I went and looked it up and well yeah... I fit it too. So I went back to mypersonality.info and looked at my percentages there as well as a few of the other sites and tests that I've taken and I am 55% F and 45% T in almost all of them. I never looked at the percentages before.
    Which works because unlike my enfp brethren, I like to debate and often take the devils advocate side. When I was a christian it got me kicked out of several bible studies because I would have the whole room upset and crying, they all still loved me and wanted to hang out all the time but they didn't want me questioning their faith ever. It upset them more because I was essentially bred to be a preacher/missionary so I know the bible better than most pastors. ANYWAY...

So what does this make me ? Can I not hang out with my enfp friends in the NF forum ? But I'm not really ENTP either !?!

How many of you ride the lines? And where do I go from here? Do I just accept that I fit both types? Does it make me more balanced or something?

I should add that I rarely argue anymore. I just express my opinion and leave it at that. But back in highschool... yeah I considered being a lawyer because I never lost an argument. Still I guess that comes out if someone starts with me but it's pretty buried now.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

lol....you seem pretty clearly enfp. I know ENFPs who are more ENTP-like than you. From the very limited number of your posts I've seen, anyway.

You can be on the line though, yes. I'm really close to the S-N line. It's probably more common to be fairly close to the line than it is to be an extreme of a trait.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

ENTPs are so much more Machiavelian than ENFPs.
    There's something kind of caustic about them.
    You don't really seem like an ENTP to me, from what little I've gathered.

Obviously the types are similar, and they're both wacky, but the ENTPs seem much more mad-scientist-esque, if you will.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by findthejake View Post
    ...Which works because unlike my enfp brethren, I like to debate and often take the devils advocate side. When I was a christian it got me kicked out of several bible studies because I would have the whole room upset and crying, they all still loved me and wanted to hang out all the time but they didn't want me questioning their faith ever....
    Oh dear.

Those situations are so touchy. On one hand, you want people comfortable enough to challenge their own beliefs and ask hard questions; a faith that cannot handle that is not much of a faith. On the other hand, if you hit people too hard or too soon and take them beyond what they can handle at the time, then it can have a very detrimental effect.

Well, there are other male ENFPs around, and not all are mushy-gushy. Talk to Lateralus, for example. He's quite argumentative... and in generally good ways.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by findthejake View Post
    Which works because unlike my enfp brethren, I like to debate and often take the devils advocate side.

this is so clearly entp.....

now you must understand that I am enfp..... and I am married to an entp.....

you do very much scream the entp at times

there is just something about you... were you ever made fun of for your feelings as a child? Do you think you could be masking your 'F' with 't' for acceptance? I mean enfp's mask at the best of times and entp's are who they are when they are all the time..... this is me if you don't like it there's the door I don't care sort ...... it's true not only is my husband one, who's motto has always been I gotta be me..... my not quite 5yr old is clearly entp..... extremely his father.

he loves to be the center of attention and look at me sort, loves a good challenge, a good game a good risk and is an amazing debater..... he can debate me to tears and make me change my mind b/c I can not deal with this over powering almost bullying attitude simply b/c I can't stand it
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Well, there are other male ENFPs around, and not all are mushy-gushy. Talk to Lateralus, for example. He's quite argumentative... and in generally good ways.
    So's my brother. My mother says he can argue the hind legs off a donkey. Back in the good old days, such as they were, she used to say that me and my brother together were like a walking persuasion team, and nobody could resist the power of our persuasion skills combined. She said we mounted a pincer attack, with him coming at them with morals and feelings on one side, and me with reason and logic on the other.

I'm not sure jake - it's hard to tell because of the gender bias in T/F areas... I'd say many male ENFP's would probably behave in a more T-type way than their female counterparts, simply because of social pressure/training. Also, female ENFP's might have been conditioned out of some of the natural traits of Ne, also due to social pressure meaning they can't get away with things like devil's advocate arguing type stuff without coming off bitchy, pushy, and all those other double standard type things women get called when they behave the same way as men! (I should know)

Obviously you know not to use me as an example cos I'm about as ENTP-ish lately as... well, as an ISFJ! I'm in a state of flux and therefore most of what I say is hogwash!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Hmmmmm. Interesting stuff. I think I am going to have to go with just being in the middle though leaning a bit towards ENFP just cause I care about other peoples feelings a bit :P

That being said I am pretty much the same in all circumstances, I don't find myself changing much for anyone. The jake is the jake is the jake, savvy?

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

if that's you in your avatar, then you're an ENFP.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

is that not you in yours?