User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: enfp vs entp

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    internet
    By chat, email correspondence or discussion group sites?

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

why do you care?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENTP

findthejake- In my experience, ENFP guys seem more T-ish than their female counterparts but are still distinctly NF more than NT. You don't give off an NT vibe at all, fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    if that's you in your avatar, then you're an ENFP.
    exactly what i was thinking
    I don't wanna!

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    findthejake- In my experience, ENFP guys seem more T-ish than their female counterparts but are still distinctly NF more than NT. You don't give off an NT vibe at all, fwiw.
    exactly what i was thinking
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

thanks kids! I do so enjoy being quirky!

MBTI
    GONE

Default 6 cents and badly placed emoticons

I'm entering into this discussion late, but I'm also an ENf/tP. I started out ENTP, am now ENFP and have been for some years. The T/F is almost a 50/50split similar to yours and the last test I took I was ENTP again.

Like you, in highschool I also played devil's advocate and loved debating and would do it with teachers as well as students. I was known for "thinking [I] could out argue anyone" and other students would sometimes ask me to argue with the teacher about assignments or tests (basically to get out of them or get an extra point about something). Perhaps it's our borderline T that gives us that? Law student friends and those that deal with law have told me I 'think and talk' like a lawyer at least when it comes to covering my ass and I should consider law school.

I have to say though, I was surprised at how soft and huggy and non-assertive ENFPs on this forum seemed...I had no idea we were this easygoing and sappy! Aw, you know I love you...which is to say I love me... (is this ENFP enough for you?) Though I take it with a grain of salt and understand how a forum can be a much welcomed place to unload and commiserate --truthfully, some ENFP comments did make me question the validity of my type...

Maybe I wish I were tougher than I am?

But when it comes down to it no matter how much people tell me I'm a 'nontraditional female' (opinionated, bossy, assertive, direct, etc.) or how strong I think my 'T' may be getting, at the end of the day I just really want people to like me and for everyone to get along and be the best they can be and everyone to be happy and reach their dreams.... and be entertained and warm and fuzzy!' etc. etc. etc. DEAR LORD. Even I am aware how sappy this sounds. And I like puppies and babies???? :yim_rolling_on_the_

Anyhow Jake, I think you get my drift. You may have a strong T or even a competing T to your F, but if your gut directive is to care about how people *feel* and you always want to be sensitive to feelings and warm fuzzies , you are probably predominantly ENFP. Also, at the end of the day if you are able to let things go even though you know you didn't get quite your fair share or you gave someone too many free passes or someone took advantage of your kindness just a tiny bit -- but you don't care and are more just very relieved and relaxed and happy that everything is over and relationships are harmonious and you breathe a sigh of relief -- you are probably an F.

Also, if you know any ENFPs or ENTPs IRL to compare yourself to, I think that's the most helpful. One thing that definitely colors my self-interpretation is that while I did NOT identify with either the 1 ENFP or 1 ENTP (also women) that I have met -- the ENTP annoyed the shit out of me. It was like she was a child acting out for attention and acted like she was either in competition with me or actively trying to embarass me in public. And I really did not want to aspire to her personality...(unless it's natural for ENTPs do dislike one another?) The ENFP? Even though we'll never be friends I can get along with her much better and I can see why she is a well-liked person.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I know a male ENFP who got a degree in electrical engineering, he's been doing the corporate thing for a while, but has always been pulled in a totally different direction, to be a teacher....and he's finally taking the plunge and actually quit the corporate job to do what his heart's been telling him to do for a while...

Anyway, he's got the intellectual side (obviously has kinda an NT thing going what with the previous electrical engineering career), loves to read all kinds of stuff, is quite the debater when it comes to any topic he's really passionate about (which can be quite a lot..and usually revolves around topics like education, religion, 'big' topics like that).....but he's *definitely* an ENFP. He's a softie. ;-P

Oh, the debating thing...the ENFP female I know will also talk up a storm on anything she's passionate about or has an opinion on - which, can be a lot. :-)

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I'm very close on the T/F scale, and in some ways I am more like an ENFP, but overall I consider myself ENTP. I use my T more often than F, but I tend to favor F on important decisions. So sometimes I test as an F depending on if the test questions talk about typical behavior, or what you consider most important.

There are other reasons why I think I'm more T than F. I have little trouble accepting criticism and actually welcome constructive criticism. I don't mind hurting the feelings of others especially if I think it will do them good overall. Also while I want people to like me, the behavior I end up projecting comes across more as "I don't care what you think". Overall though I use T more often and I think it is frequency that determines whether you are T or F, even though on important decisions I tend to favor F.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENFP

I just noticed that I'm 60/40 with F/T-ness, which would explain why I like to argue and debate. I felt like I wasn't as "mushy" as others (haha babies scare me), but I definitely do care a lot about others' feelings and beliefs. It wasn't exstensive enough for me to doubt my ENFPness. I just wondered why I didn't quite fit the dislike of debate mold.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by brazz View Post
    I just noticed that I'm 60/40 with F/T-ness, which would explain why I like to argue and debate. I felt like I wasn't as "mushy" as others (haha babies scare me), but I definitely do care a lot about others' feelings and beliefs. It wasn't exstensive enough for me to doubt my ENFPness. I just wondered why I didn't quite fit the dislike of debate mold.

so are you feeling better now?
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP