User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ISFP or INFP

brainheart

Default ISFP or INFP

I'm not supposed to be on here anymore because it's kind of a waste of my time, but I feel really stuck on this. I relate far more to the best fit ISFP than the INFP, for one, but other ISFP descriptions make them sound like uncreative airheads which is not me. I love building stuff, having a finished product for my work. I love being inventive, fixing things. When people talk about theories and 'head in the clouds' stuff for awhile I can't help but roll my eyes. I am not spiritual. I love fiction but I'm not too fond of poetry, unless it's something like Roald Dahl or humorous or straight-forward. Most poetry and philosophy or anything abstract I read it without reading it, if you catch my drift. But the same could be said for instructions or anything that is not written in prose, although I really latch on to song lyrics.

I don't know. I don't feel like writing more about this right now. I need to get outside and go for a walk before it gets dark.

I know I don't have enough information here but any input would be cool. I'm hoping that those who've been around for awhile would have something to say about it. I think I might operate in Fi+Ni a lot.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Nothing you've said rules it (ISFP) out.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

brainheart

I know. I think the big thing for me which makes me not think INFP is that my INFP friends seem to have it together way more than me- by this I mean they seem, I don't know, more mature and they have jobs I could never deal with having- social worker, writer for a law firm newsletter, etc. They like reading about psychology and philosophy and spirituality and I'm just like, eh.... give me a good story that's well written and interesting. Ideal job: working on a movie like Fantastic Mr. Fox, especially if I could build the sets, work on the figures.

I was a creative writing major then a Forestry major then a Film Production major but I was sick of school so I switched to Film Studies so I could graduate earlier, all of this at three different universities. And then I got married because I loved him and who cares about what I want to do career-wise in the future? And then I got pregnant because I didn't know what I wanted to do so why not have a kid? Besides, sex is fun.

I guess what I'm saying is that thinking of the possibilities... not my strongest suit. Enjoying life as it comes... yep.

But... I'm not super physically active. I have been in the past, but I don't always feel the need to 'do' stuff. Doing stuff for me can entail reading or watching the light hit the grass, what have you. I do feel best when I'm creating something, though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Figure out what functions you are using more efficiently/often than others. If you use Se more than Ne you're eligible for a type change. I think the first two or three functions are the most important.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I've always thought you were an ISFP. I operate on Fi Ni a lot as well, I thought I was an INFP for a year about because of that. But I was stuck in the mind set of "Well I am intuitive, so why should have have the S tag?" But none of my intuition seems to be Ne really, and neither does yours. You don't really seem that NF.

Not being really physically active doesn't discount SP.

You definitely sound like an ISFP to me, and always have.

Why do you (or did you) think you were an INFP?

Also I noticed you started here as an ISFP, and then changed to ENFP. You had it right the first time! What made you change your mind?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You definitely sound like an ISFP to me, and always have.

Why do you (or did you) think you were an INFP?

Also I noticed you started here as an ISFP, and then changed to ENFP. You had it right the first time! What made you change your mind?
    Why have I always seemed ISFP, if you can pinpoint it?

I thought I was INFP because that's what I test and I like to write. But I also realize I am better at writing either: about myself or something specific. I've been working on this novel forever and I feel best about the stuff that's practically non-fiction, but then I worry about hurting people's feelings because it will hit too close to home or that I'm so uncreative that I can't think of something that didn't happen.

The other reason I thought INFP was because there is the pervasive stereotype out there that ISFPs don't do well in school, when I did. And then people are always typing musicians, writers that I relate to as INFP so I put two and two together.

Hey- you know those cartoons at the back of the New Yorker, where you're supposed to fill out the captions? I suck at those. That seems like a Ne thing to me, being good at that. Just wondering...

Oh, ps Black Cat- what about me doesn't seem Ne? I know I don't seem NF, that's true...

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    Figure out what functions you are using more efficiently/often than others. If you use Se more than Ne you're eligible for a type change. I think the first two or three functions are the most important.
    What's the best way to do this?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Doing stuff for me can entail reading or watching the light hit the grass, what have you. I do feel best when I'm creating something, though.
    Me too.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Why have I always seemed ISFP, if you can pinpoint it?
    You don't really seem to steer away from the subject at hand in your posts, you stay in the current context (Se). You also said it yourself in an above post that you weren't good at generating ideas, and that's quintessential Ne.

I thought I was INFP because that's what I test and I like to write.
    The other reason I thought INFP was because there is the pervasive stereotype out there that ISFPs don't do well in school, when I did. And then people are always typing musicians, writers that I relate to as INFP so I put two and two together.
    None of these things really have anything to do with how people think... MBTI/typology is about how people think and this isn't really related to that. Liking to write, being artistic, not doing well in school... anyone can do that.

Hey- you know those cartoons at the back of the New Yorker, where you're supposed to fill out the captions? I suck at those. That seems like a Ne thing to me, being good at that. Just wondering...
    I suck at them too.

I would check this site out... Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type There's tons of stuff. On temperament, the functions, type descriptions, on a team descriptions, etc.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

What's the best way to do this?
    there are functions tests out there. Not sure how much they can help you, though.