• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
WTF? You had six hours to talk, and...*sigh* Well this is about as conclusive as...damn it! :steam:

Now I'm going to ask a straight question, and I want a straight answer - no mumble-jumble bullshit.

I have provided you with an extremely huge amount of data to work with. If you are under the impression that this data is not helpful, not relevant, or not conclusive, please feel free to ask me any question that will help you to determine an accurate answer adequately.

What do you need? Ask!

If you are under the impression that I have provided you with enough data, then perform an accurate analysis, and make a decision already!

God damn! :doh: Sorry, but this is driving me a little ape crap in a helium balloon. I love exploring options, but we need to come to a conclusion sometime before I'm 80 years old and too old to do anything with the conclusion we reach.

Where's a smiley of a gerbil in a spinning wheel? :cry:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're an ESTJ. Way to boss people around! ;)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really wanna see someone convince LL of being an INTJ. ;)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

*sigh* Been there, done that.

I've been basically convinced I could be every type except ISXP, ISXJ, and yeah, that's it.

I think people like screwing around with my head, is all....

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4

hahahahaaha, with the very limited time Ive spent talking to her on ventrilo Id say she's definately not an introvert. :D

Other than that LL I know some people that cant figure out their type, but when it comes down to it, its the gut that has to tell you. You cant be a type description 100%.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you are under the impression that I have provided you with enough data, then perform an accurate analysis, and make a decision already!

lol @ dominant Te: "I have delegated this task to you and you are not completing it on schedule!"

such an ESTJ

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Off with her hands!

I think it's about time we derail this thread anyway. LL doesn't deserve the attention. We must fight the NTJness!

Everyone knows that NFPs and ENTPs deserve all of the attention, anyway.

:heart:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Have you ever bothered to consider the origins of Myers Briggs?

Yes.

The problem is that most SJ's don't value the intuition necessary for such self-analysis, so they often just take the online test results for face value.

Exactly, which was my whole point there. Except that I don't see it as a problem, really, just a common tendency, as valid as any other.

I am still bloody questioning my type, even though I've seen the ISFJ functions manifested in innumerable situations in my life. At times I seem more INTP, like online. At times I even can seem ENTP. I've considered thus far: INFJ, ISTJ, ESFJ, ISFP, and INTP. If you cared to look into functional analysis, you'd see the reasons for considering alternatives of both ESFJ and INTP as well.

And that leads me to believe you are probably not SJ either. Though I could see an ISFJ spending a little more time on this stuff than an ESTJ would. I mean, you don't really believe an ESTJ would spend this much time discussing her "personality type" on an internet forum, do you?

:steam:
Come on, man! This is just laughably closed-minded and painfully ignorant. Getting on an MBTI forum and posting all the time without giving half a rat's anal cavity about Jung is like writing a book about the history of rock n' roll without mentioning The Beatles! Know your roots!

No, it really isn't at all comparable. You can make posts on a message board about current music without caring at all about the Beatles. I'm not writing a book, and the books I mostly cite for my information about typology come from people who give plenty of respect to Jung, they just don't blindly follow everything he put forth and accept it all as gospel.

You can listen to Beatles records and watch tape of their performances. You don't have to assume the music was good or bad or even culturally relevant. The evidence is right there to evaluate. Jung's functional theories are speculation and assumption. I'm not arguing that he was a dumbass, if anything I think he would be the one that would most vehemently disagree with the way his theories have been misused by people, and this forum is hotbed of people spouting things like they have every human being figured out by the time they reach their twenties.

So forgive me for not buying the hogwash that spews forth from many of them. It doesn't make me close-minded, it's quite the opposite. I am open-minded enough to think for myself and evaluate individual concepts for their own validity and not just accept whatever is shoved down my throat from people who think they know it all.

Seriously though, I picked up Jung's writings the other day in a Borders, and let me tell you: it pains me to see so many members on here dogmatically denying the usefulness of cognitive functions. YOU WOULDN'T HAVE MBTI WITHOUT COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS!

Who are these "so many members?" I am one of the few people here who does much questioning of the Gospel of Cognitive Functions besides people that are just trolling like Victor. And I don't put the MBTI on a pedestal either, so your statement doesn't have much of an impact on me. But again, you're just speculating. Someone could have easily come up with a similar dichotomy system for typing people like Isabel Myers did without specifically citing Jung's function theories. It might have had different names, but it's entirely possible to do so. And the abundance of online personality tests using all sorts of strange systems should be further evidence of that.

I don't go around telling people how to live their life. If wrapping yourself up in Jung is what you want to do, then more power to you. But I am free to have the opinion that it's not as useful as other stuff is. That doesn't make me closed-minded, it just means I have a different opinion. I have no problem admitting my ignorance of many things. I'm not insecure about that. My advice to Linguist in this thread has been because I consider her a friend who is fun to talk to and a person I enjoy interacting with and care about. So there's nothing wrong with me weighing in with my view about something she asked for help with, and criticizing what I feel is misinformation when she's bombarded with it.

To all the people commenting on Linguist's type:

How much have you actually interacted with her?

Have you ever talked to her in person?

Have you talked to her in Vent, or have you only read her posts?

How much does just reading someone's posts really tell you about the person?

And how good are you at "reading people" in general, anyway?

You can disregard my opinion all you want, but I've interacted with Linguist a lot in Vent, which is much more than I can say for many of you.

And as an ENFP, I am very skilled at reading people I interact with.

That's not a myth. ENFPs really have a talent for that shit.

I don't claim to know for sure what her type is, but I've interacted with her in Vent and looked at this mystery from many angles --and I feel very confident that she is ENFJ.

All this wild speculation is pretty interesting, but at the end of the day, how much have you actually GOTTEN TO KNOW Little Linguist?

After all, its pretty ridiculous to TYPE a PERSON without actually GETTING TO KNOW the PERSON.......ISN'T IT?

Great post, dude. And as you know, I've interacted with Carolyn quite a bit. And almost all the time it's been fun. Even when we argued about the meaning of the word "West." ;)

And I agree with your type assessment. When you don't try to over-complicate things, and you just look at what's obvious, ENFJ does seem like the best fit to me.