• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
She is not one of us.

She is showing all--ALLLLLL!--the signs of incomplete Ne interest in MBTI, the most important being, no decision can be made because not enough information has been gathered. And not enough information ever will be gathered because the interest is incomplete, not strong enough to synthesise sufficient understanding of the theory to allow for belief in a conclusion.

What's the purpose of this thread, after all? Ostensibly for LL to describe stuff and let other people type her. And LL, you then do what with the typings? Accept them and move on? Shoot me in the head if you don't jump up and consider them as interesting possibilities, none of which really encompass the totality of the investigated thing...

ENFP.

And even so I'm starting to be reluctant to say ENFP because seriously, this much investigation and no clear picture emerging? I mean, really no clear picture, not even the ability to identify your own dominant function? If all of this were serious, then you'd be making your team look dumb. Surely you're keeping up this charade for the fun of it.

Kalach, thank you for sharing your opinion.

You can think I am stupid - go ahead - I'm not going to change your opinion anyway, and quite frankly, I am not going to try.

However, I thought I made perfectly clear that I am trying to understand why I tested IXTJ for so many years and then made a dramatic shift. I'm trying to understand if this is because I never WAS IXTJ, if this is because I am NOT really ENFP, like I'm in shadow because I'm still acclimating to a foreign country or what....

So please stop being acerbic and assuming I have some ulterior motive.

Okay, whatever...I'm a weird ENFP. I get it.

Chloe

little inguist, are you sure of any letter?

You seem to be pretty unstable kid, kids can act completely different than their nature, same as adults, even more, i dont see how can anyone really conclude anything for sure from your infos in the op etc.
Kalach said:
And even so I'm starting to be reluctant to say ENFP because seriously, this much investigation and no clear picture emerging? I mean, really no clear picture, not even the ability to identify your own dominant function? If all of this were serious, then you'd be making your team look dumb. Surely you're keeping up this charade for the fun of it.

i think this is actually because of lack of ability to see a bigger picture, LL is concentrating on details actually.

i didnt pay much attention to your posts in this thread, in terms "ah, yeah, this is Te", "ah, yeah, evidence of Si".. but why not ESFx? ESFJ even?? for you

also you sure of your enneagram?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

You seem to be pretty unstable kid, kids can act completely different than their nature, same as adults, even more, i dont see how can anyone really conclude anything for sure from your infos in the op etc.

i think this is actually because of lack of ability to see a bigger picture, LL is concentrating on details actually.

I guess it does not suit me to focus on details.

Yes, certain of N...relatively. ISXJ seemed the only candidate if I was S. Although...hell I don't know.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

i didnt pay much attention to your posts in this thread, in terms "ah, yeah, this is Te", "ah, yeah, evidence of Si".. but why not ESFx? ESFJ even?? for you

also you sure of your enneagram?

Okay, why not? Why do you think so?

My one problem with it: Fe-dom S. Not so sure of that.

I'm not totally sure of the enneagram....but I know 1 and 3 were strong.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's all good. Maybe MBTI just does not fit. *shrugs* I have to go to work. :)

Chloe

It's all good. Maybe MBTI just does not fit. *shrugs* I have to go to work. :)

haha yeah i say that also often. i think mbti works but not gives us all the answers like we would like to . :doh:

about your type, well i dont know, just a lucky guess haha, i've seen your videos when you posted them.. and you remind me of one girl i am sure she's esxj, and by posts. but it could be lots of things...

enneagram 1 - perfectionist, detail oriented, structured, it REALLY doesnt go with ENFP, right? that would mean you have polar opposites within you,... do you feel that way ? :D
enneagram 3 - image conscious, shallow (?), extravert, goal oriented.. also bit opposite of ENFP...

I'm enneagram 3, that's for sure. Some people told me I'm not, but they dont see that in me so much, I dont know how other 3s are, but since i'm NF for sure, of course I'm not so much achievement oriented as would be enneagram 3, who is also ex. ESTJ.

if you write a plan about doing something, like daily schedule, or week.. do you loose it or do the stuff on list?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
haha yeah i say that also often. i think mbti works but not gives us all the answers like we would like to . :doh:

about your type, well i dont know, just a lucky guess haha, i've seen your videos when you posted them.. and you remind me of one girl i am sure she's esxj, and by posts. but it could be lots of things...

enneagram 1 - perfectionist, detail oriented, structured, it REALLY doesnt go with ENFP, right? that would mean you have polar opposites within you,... do you feel that way ? :D
enneagram 3 - image conscious, shallow (?), extravert, goal oriented.. also bit opposite of ENFP...

I'm enneagram 3, that's for sure. Some people told me I'm not, but they dont see that in me so much, I dont know how other 3s are, but since i'm NF for sure, of course I'm not so much achievement oriented as would be enneagram 3, who is also ex. ESTJ.

if you write a plan about doing something, like daily schedule, or week.. do you loose it or do the stuff on list?

I know some people think I am attention whoring or being a pain by addressing this, but that is not my intent. The reason why I have put so much trouble into this is because it does not MAKE SENSE you know. How can someone have polar opposites inside them without being mentally ill? And although I am a bit bizarre sometimes, I am out there functioning and operating according to instructions (most of the time) so I don't think we need to call the funny farm guys QUITE yet.

You know what I am going to do? I HAVE A PLAN OF ACTION:

1. I'm going to get a synopsis of all the types (even the Ss, although I thought for a long time that I wasn't one).
2. I'm going to sit down and analyze every one as objectively as a human can look at herself, and I am going to be honest with myself and see which one(s) fit best. Pros v. Cons.
3. I'm going to make a list here of all the types, pros and cons, and look for some feedback because I might be dismissing a type incorrectly because I think 1-3 minor things are incorrect.
4. Hopefully we shall achieve a reasonable conclusion, and if not: I GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MBTI then JUST does NOT work for me, and I will call myself CRZY for "crazy dumb ass who has MPD or something."

Yes, I am quite dismayed by not having a normal type like everyone else. This really bothers me and makes me think I might have my mother's disease. That's why it is so important for me to know that I am okay and have a way to analyze myself properly.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dominant Introverted Intuition Analysis

Reactions in red.

Without introverted intuitives, it is said that Israel would have had no prophets. Eh, okay.Under deceptively conventional appearances lie perceptive minds that travel the breadth and depth of universal mysteries, contemplating its multilayered complexity, seeking the trends that will define the future. Whoa. Uh. No. With time, clarity of vision comes. Can relate.When it comes, they are propelled towards the vision and all their actions lead to it. Can relate.They are perseverant behind a quiet exterior and will often come back with their vision long after everyone believes they have let it go.Can relate.

What they see is so clear and obvious to them they are often surprised to find that others cannot see it as well. True, when I am sure. They may find it difficult to articulate the necessary steps towards implementation or to explain how each goal fits into the larger picture. Not accurate.

Their mind usually travels from the past to the future, seeking to fit a particular situation in a large context. Yep. It picks up patterns, symbols and images from different seemingly unrelated fields, identifies similarities and provides meaning. Yep. This can help solve problems by juxtaposing ideas, yes finding analogies yes or simply by rooting out the quintessential reality, um, maybe?discovering the origin in universal stories and human experiences, culling wisdom from the infinitely small to the infinitely large. Could be. Don't know about infinite.Their mind naturally travels from the microcosm to the macrocosm. YES!

They regularly have to face the difficulties of bringing dreams into reality. No. I'm good at that.The time and effort it takes is always more than what their intuition initially suggested. That only happens if I push myself too far.They are determined, perseverant, inspired and often see things just around the corner, into the near or far future. YES!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dominant Introverted Sensing Analysis

Dependable, reliable and trustworthy, YES! they like to belong to solid organisations that are reasonable in their ambitions and loyal to their employees.Eh, usually! If it makes sense. They feel useful when their roles and responsibilities are clearly established and they can monitor their activities and productivity in tangible ways. Among other ways, yes.They tend to be rather modest, traditional and conventional, to like sensible clothing, to be thrifty, careful and wise with both money and possessions. Most of the time, yes.

Once they accept a project, they will see it to the end. If it is successful and makes sense, yes.They manage their time well and are realistic about how much time and resources will be needed. Ummm :blush: Eh, well, um, ha, uh, yeahhhhnooo. No.

They tend to like to stay in one neighbourhood, often choosing to live close to where they were themselves raised. NO WAY!!!!! They are often involved with volunteer organisations and have a developed sense of citizenship and accountability. Eh, not really. Not unless I really like it. When they purchase something, it is after careful consideration; rarely will they buy something without having a known need or use for it. Depends. For things I don't like buying, yes. For things I like buying, like books, movies, or music, HELL NO! They may keep possessions for a lifetime and treasure those that were given to them. PFFFT no.

They tend to have a good memory for specific facts that are necessary in their day-to-day life at work and at home. HA!!!!! NO WAY...it's my huge weakness. Take away my appointment book and I am DEAD! They accumulate facts and details to orient themselves, relying on repeated experiences that have been proven trustworthy. Yes, true. A fact once experienced may be the product of circumstance and happenstance; it is not in and of itself reliable. That is accurate. When an introverted sensing type hears an idea, they rummage through reams of archived facts to find an experience that provides information for the relevance and realism of an idea. I do that sometimes. When an introverted sensing type utters, "It's never been done!" they are saying that no information about the relevance or usefulness of the idea is available to them. NO! Sometimes a change is great, good, and necessary. I don't have an oak tree up my butt. They tend to shy away from surprises and what is perceived as unnecessary change. NO WAY I LOVEEEE surprises....eh, good ones, that is.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dominant Introverted Thinking Analysis

Rodin's Thinker is introverted. Say wha? Here these thinkers ponder the apparent chaos of the world in order to extract from it the universal truths and principles that can be counted on. Um, okay, that's nice. These principles, once extracted, will provide the logical structure on which to build strategies. Cool, but I don't really do that.

They have a finely nuanced ability to analyse situations, find root causes and foresee consequences. YES. They distrust action taken too quickly without the necessary investigation. True...in some cases. They are usually levelheaded, objective, impersonal yet intensely involved in problem solving. Hmm...ehhh, yeahhhno...NoThey are fiercely independent, seeking input and comments from a chosen few. Fiercely independent, yes. Only a few, no.When reporting to others, they need to establish credibility first: their own and that of the person they are reporting to. Yes, that makes sense. If the gap in knowledge and expertise is too great and their own proficiency dismissed, belittled or ignored, they will lose interest and motivation. YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

They are less interested in running the world as they are in understanding it. True. They are curious and capable of explaining complex political, economic or technological problems, taking great pleasure in explaining all the factors and intricacies. Political, yes. Others, not so much. They are rigorous with their thoughts and analysis, choosing the exact words that convey precisely what is meant. I like thinking, but I'm not precise. They may spend a lot of time defining words, concepts and systems in order to define a problematic solution. Pfft. Whatever dude.

They are armchair detectives, scientists and philosophers, spending most of their time in quiet reflection to ponder truth, and solve mysteries. Mysteries are good. They may tend to neglect social requirements and responsibilities, finding many relationships to be too superficial to be of much interest. Depends on the person.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTP.

It's the only real way to explain how Te could dominate your childhood.

That's kind of silly, honestly. ISTP isn't even a Te type.

Linguist: Space_Oddity's analysis is spot on; you're still totally ENFP.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dominant Introverted Feeling Analysis

Usually gentle and kind, they are intense and passionate about their values and deeply held beliefs, which they share with trusted friends. Yes, true. Because of their discreet manner, their enthusiasm may not be apparent. They are sensitive to others' pain, restlessness or general discomfort and strive to find happiness, balance and wholeness for themselves in order to help others find joy, satisfaction and plenitude. They are deeply empathetic. Depends on the person. I would not say I was always good at this.

They live life in an intently personal fashion, acting on the belief that each person is unique and that social norms are to be respected only if they do not hinder personal development or expression. TRUE! They strive to adhere to their own high personal moral standards and are particularly sensitive to inconsistencies in their environment between what is being said and what is being done. Try my best! Empty promises of adhering to something they value – such as environmental causes or human rights - set off an inner alarm and they may transform themselves into modern day Joan of Arcs. Joan of Arc, no. Pissed, yes.

They are quietly persistent in raising awareness of cherished causes and often fight for the underdog in quiet or not-so-quiet ways. Nah. Only in some cases. In a team, they will raise issues of integrity, authenticity, and good or bad, and may to opt out if the team refuses to address the questions raised. Depends on how important the questions are.

They are usually tolerant and open-minded, insightful, flexible and understanding. Try to be. They live for the understanding of others and feel deeply grateful when someone takes the time to get to know them personally. Yes. They have good listening skills, no are genuinely concerned, yes insightful, sometimes and usually avid readers. YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!At their best, they inspire others to be themselves. That'd be nice.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Extraverted Intuition analysis

Words, ideas and possibilities spew effortlessly from them. Usually. Words are their best friends. They are pretty cool. They dance around ideas, the more, the merrier. Not ideas for the sake of ideas, but good ideas, yes! Imaginative, spontaneous, original and enthusiastic, they have a knack for seeing other possibilities, other dreams and options. Heh. Yeah. The world is never as it is but as it could be, as if it were but an artists sketch begging for colour. Yes, but you need to be realistic, too. They initiate change and often are prone to trespassing a few known boundaries to take themselves and others where no one has been before. Nah, I like my boundaries. Boundaries are cool. The status quo tends to lack inspiration. Depends on the subject and what the status quo is.

When inspired, they are fearless and tireless. Could be, lol. Their energy will know no limits unless red tape takes over. RED TAPE GAHHHHHH!!!!! Routine drags them down. Well, it depends. It can be comforting sometimes. But mindless routine sucks. Their faith in possibilities and belief in the benefit of change often inspire others to follow. That'd be nice, but I don't think I'm too inspirational. :shock: They are challenging, ingenious and innovative. Eh, nah. They will give their best to what appears to be an impossible challenge, a place unknown to man or beast. Nah. I don't like nearly impossible challenges. I like to know there is a relatively good chance of success, or else, what's the point??? Investing all that time and energy. PFFT.

They use metaphors, stories, images and analogies to make their point.Sometimes. They love theories and often shape their own. Theories, yes. My own, eh....They see patterns emerging. Yes, especially in languages and behavior. Keen improvisers, they are rarely caught off guard, there is always something up their sleeve. The sky is the only limit. That's exaggerated.

They are sometimes entertainers, artists or otherwise engaged in public demonstrations that allow their ideas to bloom. I like public speaking - does that count? :smile:Their greatest difficulty is not in initiating projects but in choosing among so many possibilities, setting realistic boundaries, establishing priorities and correctly assessing resources. Nah, I'm pretty damn good at that, too, unless I underestimate something - like taking on five freaking jobs. That was pretty retarded, I must admit. But honestly, I should have known better.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Extraverted Sensing Analysis

Extraverted sensing types are pragmatic and realistic HA! :wtf: with a zest for living life to the fullest Okay, I try to do that by way of multiplying experiences. Um, what do they mean by that exactly? Always on the alert for what needs immediate attention or what might provide a bit of action, excitement or entertainment, they engage quickly with their environment. NO WAY!!!!! BIGGGG weakness. BIG. Did I mention um big? They seek and enjoy freedom, are good-natured, direct, and tolerant and are often the ones who provide levity. Freedom is good, direct can be good, good-natured is...good?? LOL levity is also good, but I am not full of levity. Nah.

They have a way with dealing with people on a very equal platform and are not easily star struck. Rank, celebrity and status mean little when they are face to face with another individual. TRUE. What BS.

On the job, they appreciate having the right tools and are quite ingenious at finding ways to fix and repair things with dexterity. No way. They love variety and are curious and adventurous, enjoying the unexpected. Depends. Their brand of extraversion is one of deeds rather than words. Um, words are good too! As long as things are moving along, they are happy. Yep. They like to keep things simple and immediate, going with the flow. NO!!!!! They are helpful in very concrete ways, providing the correct tools or specific service the person requires. I help in different ways. They often have an uncanny ability to respond appropriately in cases of emergencies, often having excellent reflexes. NO! They act without thinking. HELL NO! They also tend to have natural mediating skills. Okay, I can be good at this if I want to be.

They are attuned to the environment and the myriad colours, textures, sounds, beauty and the sensuousness of it all. Oh no no no no nonononono. They are quite graceful and agile while moving through their environment. HA! This is a joke, right? They love having fun and if things are too quiet they may provide the entertainment or distraction. Yes. They learn by imitation and are keen observers. Sometimes. They teach through example. That's good. Their attention will always go towards whatever provides the keenest impression on their senses. Pfft. No.

Chloe

:)

I think you misunderstood what I tried to say; i wanted to say that maybe if you know your enneagram type you can easier say which mbti type you are because not always mbti and enneagram type are perfect match.
you have ENFP 3s, and ENFP 7s, pretty different people. 7 matches perfectly, but 3 not so. Same with ENFP 1, who is pretty weird combo, but it could be possible...

and everybody have conflicts inside of them, so don't feel weird or something:)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Extraverted Thinking Analysis

"Creating order out of chaos" is one extraverted thinker's way of describing her volition. YAY! Determined, logical, critical, they love a challenge, especially one that will allow tangible improvement in productivity, efficiency or profitability. Yes. They are direct, finding the quickest, most direct path between what is and what should be. Not always, but I try.

They excel at implementing ideas and are often on the lookout for good ideas worthy of their attention. I'm fairly good. They are quick to organize, orchestrate, find resources, coordinate, and follow through to the end of a project. If I like the project and it makes sense, yes. I don't like finding resources, though. They love a problem, especially one that will make full use of their competencies, their logic and sense of order, justice and fair play. Sure!

Many find competition to be stimulating and fun. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"These are the rules of the game now let us play." Yep. Fairness is sharing and respecting the same set of rules, so may the best one win. Right! And since they readily acknowledge that there will be a winner and a loser, they would simply much rather be the winner. Oh yeahhhh. So they hone their strategies on the fine knife of experience and sharpen their skills to meet the next challenge head on. Well I won't do ANYTHING to win, but I like winning. :D

They love having greater challenges bestowed on them as a result of having successfully met the last, as this attests to their competence and skills. RIGHT! Never rest on your laurels. They appear dispassionate because of their impersonal and objective approach, nah not totally, but I can be if need be but close observation will reveal deep passion and enthusiasm as well as sensitivity, especially to cherished ones. Right! However they expect others to roll up their sleeves as they do and meet the task in spite of personal hardships or discomfort. Yes.

They have little tolerance for personal whims that threaten a smooth running operation. Nah, I wouldn't go that far. If it helps, okay, but if you're an idiot, there's the door. They are direct and honest with most things that displease them and expect others to do the same. Yes, but not always. Depends on how important it is. Their humanity shows in their sense of fairness and justice as well as their love of humour. Um, maybe? Don't know.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Extraverted Feeling Analysis

Feeling types seek continuity through harmonious relationships and collective values. Define 'collective value.' They excel at picking up on the tone of a situation and acting accordingly, adding warmth to a cool setting or turning sour into sweet. Sometimes. But I was not always good at this. They will naturally seek to know what people do well, what they enjoy, where and how they work, and understand what they need in order to make the appropriate connections with other people. A lot of the time, yes. They weave and strengthen the collective fabric of social conventions and interactions. Um, I don't know?

Let an extraverted feeling type know that you are in need of an accountant and they will most likely give you several names. Pfft, nah, I am not a person who has huge amounts of contacts. They seem to have an infinite number of acquaintances from all walks of life and are always on the lookout for people in need and those who can help out. Nah. Inclusiveness is important and they are particularly sensitive to those who are excluded. Sure.

Harmony comes from good, supportive relationships and upholding collective values. Okay. They are always focused on the other person, feeling a glow when those around them are happy, and troubled when something is amiss. Maybe. They are natural cheerleaders, often expressing support, gratitude, and encouragement, and heaping praise onto those they appreciate. Yes. They take note of what is being done and what needs doing, offering their help and assistance wherever necessary. Right.

As team players and project leaders, they have a gift for rallying their players, focusing on what is being done right and each member's strengths. Nah. They are loyal and they expect loyalty. Yes. They carry conversations well, finding common ground with their speaker. Try to. They tend to find the correct and gracious way to respond in any given situation, no matter how tense or uncomfortable it is. NOOOO!

It is well to note that extraverted feeling types will uphold a wide range of values, simply because shared values are what create harmony. Perhaps. Some will profess the importance of tough-minded logic, justice and scholarly debate because their environments have these shared values. TRUE! They tend to adopt the collective values of those they love and 'belong to'. YES.

Chloe

I would have to guess that most people feel that they have polar opposites inside of them.

yes!!
sometimes it's simply "should i stay or should i go? nah, i should go. o no, i should stay, oh no i should really go?"
and sometimes is more extreme.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My nature is really full of extremes. My husband complains about this all the time, and he's right. I wish I could fix that.