• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me!

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I actually think the confusion begins with the published type descriptions and the stereotypes that follow, but it's always good to compare notes.

Yeah, we don't seem to disagree on that.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From what I understand, T/F is actually the last preference to form, so I'm not sure how examining your childhood will be terribly helpful in that regard.

To me you sound like an INFJ.

Interesting. What makes you think I am a dom-Ni user combined with Fe? Just curious.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Interesting. What makes you think I am a dom-Ni user combined with Fe? Just curious.

Your nervousness, shyness, and lack of friends during adolescence was probably due to introversion, not necessarily lack of F. I think you are an F because your passions seem so value-driven, and your interests lie in subjective subjects which cannot be clearly verified: languages, history, etc. That's not Te. Te would be more interested in things that could be proven. We could say that it's possibly Ti, though, especially since you were academically competitive. However, your need for structure and love of planning points to a J temperament. Your value judgements of your peers, that you hated promiscuous people but had great understanding for people who "needed to talk" strikes me also as an F trait, not a T trait.

I can't necessarily make a case for you being an Ni dom, per se, but everything about you screams INFJ to me. From what I understand, a person can rely on their primary and tertiary functions without developing their auxillary as much until later, which potentially could make you an Ni/Ti driven INFJ. But I think you had much more development of F than you think you did during your adolescence, which is why everything in your world was so value and passion driven, even if you weren't especially social.

EDIT: Also, your whole attitude toward church growing up - you wanted people to know "how it went" and had no patience for people who did not know the hymns - TOTALLY SCREAMS Fe to me, and it screams the sort of Fe expressed in a J temperament.

I do not get the more objective air of a T from your post, or any of your other posts I've read on here.

I'm not sure how you got T or ENFP, honestly. As an ENFP I was never particularly a fan of overly-structured environments, and even though I definitely have some of the introverted extrovert qualities of needing time to recharge, I had a theatrics streak all through my childhood and young adulthood, I was always on stage drawing attention to myself. And while in high school I wasn't popular with the jocks and cheerleaders, I was extremely social and open to more artistic/intellectual types, and enjoyed a sort of popularity my junior and senior years because I was so friendly.

The only other thing I could see you as is an INFP, seriously.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your nervousness, shyness, and lack of friends during adolescence was probably due to introversion, not necessarily lack of F. I think you are an F because your passions seem so value-driven, and your interests lie in subjective subjects which cannot be clearly verified: languages, history, etc. That's not Te. Te would be more interested in things that could be proven. We could say that it's possibly Ti, though, especially since you were academically competitive. However, your need for structure and love of planning points to a J temperament. Your value judgements of your peers, that you hated promiscuous people but had great understanding for people who "needed to talk" strikes me also as an F trait, not a T trait.

I can't necessarily make a case for you being an Ni dom, per se, but everything about you screams INFJ to me. From what I understand, a person can rely on their primary and tertiary functions without developing their auxillary as much until later, which potentially could make you an Ni/Ti driven INFJ. But I think you had much more development of F than you think you did during your adolescence, which is why everything in your world was so value and passion driven, even if you weren't especially social.

EDIT: Also, your whole attitude toward church growing up - you wanted people to know "how it went" and had no patience for people who did not know the hymns - TOTALLY SCREAMS Fe to me, and it screams the sort of Fe expressed in a J temperament.

I do not get the more objective air of a T from your post, or any of your other posts I've read on here.

I'm not sure how you got T or ENFP, honestly. As an ENFP I was never particularly a fan of overly-structured environments, and even though I definitely have some of the introverted extrovert qualities of needing time to recharge, I had a theatrics streak all through my childhood and young adulthood, I was always on stage drawing attention to myself. And while in high school I wasn't popular with the jocks and cheerleaders, I was extremely social and open to more artistic/intellectual types, and enjoyed a sort of popularity my junior and senior years because I was so friendly.

The only other thing I could see you as is an INFP, seriously.

I'm having a very interesting discussion with Wonka at the moment, and he has indicated that a great deal of my behavior might indeed reflect J preferences. The relief found in structure; my perfectionism; my need to have a goal or a reason to do something; my lack of sense of self and reliance on others for my own self; several other things as well - I do not know if you want to hear more....

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm having a very interesting discussion with Wonka at the moment, and he has indicated that a great deal of my behavior might indeed reflect J preferences. The relief found in structure; my perfectionism; my need to have a goal or a reason to do something; my lack of sense of self and reliance on others for my own self; several other things as well - I do not know if you want to hear more....

From this thread and other posts you have written I'm fairly convinced you are an NFJ. I know a couple of INFJs and your written presentation style reminds me of them, somehow, too. I have a hard time imagining you as anything else, honestly.

INFJ has tertiary Ti, and that may be where you are mistaking yourself for a T.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I can see where the others are coming from with the J but I still think you're not an NFJ, Little Linguist. I agree that many things in your OP could point to both, but some things you wrote later in this thread totally scream NFP to me and I have never observed them in any NFJ I've met. About the presentation style, while it reminds marmalade.sunrise of NFJs she knows, it reminds me of NFPs I know, so I doubt there's any consensus about 'writing styles of types'. Also, while marmalade.sunrise sees some things in the OP as Fe, I'm quite certain they can stem from Fi as well. You say you didn't use Fi at all that much when you were young, but I actually thing you did, just not in the sense that's considered 'normal' here.

And what's more, I hardly doubt that any NFJ would doubt their type and re- and re-considered it for such a long time. This bouncing from idea to idea and never being able to decide which one is the 'rightest one' is typical for Ne.

That said, I could determine your type with absolute certainty only if I knew you in person, so you can take this with a grain of salt.:)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I can see where the others are coming from with the J but I still think you're not an NFJ, Little Linguist. I agree that many things in your OP could point to both, but some things you wrote later in this thread totally scream NFP to me and I have never observed them in any NFJ I've met. About the presentation style, while it reminds marmalade.sunrise of NFJs she knows, it reminds me of NFPs I know, so I doubt there's any consensus about 'writing styles of types'. Also, while marmalade.sunrise sees some things in the OP as Fe, I'm quite certain they can stem from Fi as well. You say you didn't use Fi at all that much when you were young, but I actually thing you did, just not in the sense that's considered 'normal' here.

And what's more, I hardly doubt that any NFJ would doubt their type and re- and re-considered it for such a long time. This bouncing from idea to idea and never being able to decide which one is the 'rightest one' is typical for Ne.

That said, I could determine your type with absolute certainty only if I knew you in person, so you can take this with a grain of salt.:)

I would only concede to NFP as an INFP. Her opinions on just how things should be would be VERY Fi driven if she's not a J. I see no hints of extroversion here - I described my own, and so did EnFpFer, and Little Linguist described nothing even close.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perhaps it is important to indicate that I tested IXTJ on a 'real' MBTI test when I was 18 years old at a psychology class. So I am trying to figure out if this IXTJ has any validity.

Evidence:

1. My grandparents' strong protection was comforting.
2. I get a great deal of comfort out of finishing tasks.
3. I organize myself and my environment.
4. My Fi is quite weak...making me think I'm Fi-tertiary.
5. My crazy behavior is more of a relief thing.
6. Under stress, my Fi says 'This isn't right,' but it is not something strong in me all the time.
7. I have quite a problem dealing with picking up things in my environment.
8. Even though my environment was controlled, I did not really rebel against it.
9. Te is strong.
10. Like order and rules.

Of course, I could be way off base...But we have been discussing the matter in Vent, and I thought that was important to add.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Perhaps it is important to indicate that I tested IXTJ on a 'real' MBTI test when I was 18 years old at a psychology class. So I am trying to figure out if this IXTJ has any validity.

Evidence:

6. Under stress, my Fi says 'This isn't right,' but it is not something strong in me all the time.
8. Even though my environment was controlled, I did not really rebel against it.
9. Te is strong.

Of course, I could be way off base...But we have been discussing the matter in Vent, and I thought that was important to add.

I think all of this just points to I_J. INTJ and INFJ are both Ni dom. You think your F is weak because you don't especially like relating to people, but F isn't just about emotions, it points to a sort of person who is extremely ethics driven as opposed to being more objective. You strike me as being very ethics driven, whether it's Fe or Fi, I don't know you well enough to say.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Perhaps it is important to indicate that I tested IXTJ on a 'real' MBTI test when I was 18 years old during a psychology class at my school....

(Sorry to throw a monkey wrench into everyone's ideas, but I thought it was important to mention).

Well, as a matter of fact, it wouldn't. As I've already said, I think your judging functions were always Fi Te and your perceiving functions Si Ne, which ranged in a specific order over time. You definitely seemed to have both INFP and STJ tendencies when you were young, but later your functions ranged more specifically - that is possible in my opinion, because I know I used to have ESTJ tendencies and I know my ISTJ would have ENFP tendencies as a kid. It is a little strange that it took such a long time before yours became clear, but well, people are strange, and millions of factors could play their role. (A guess that strict religious upbringing always plays its role, for instance.) If everyone's personality had the same clear development, we could throw all psychology books out of the window and use only simple MBTI manuals, but it's clearly not so simple.

marmalade.sunrise said:
I would only concede to NFP as an INFP. Her opinions on just how things should be would be VERY Fi driven if she's not a J. I see no hints of extroversion here - I described my own, and so did EnFpFer, and Little Linguist described nothing even close.

Yeah, you're right about this one - that's why I considered INFP as a second option, but Little Linguist rejected it because of her strong Te.

So, Little Linguist, what exactly leads you to believe you're extroverted?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Evidence:

9. Te is strong.

1,2,3,4,8, and 10 are also traits shared by SFJs, btw. I don't think you're an S, though.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I believe I am too future-focused and interested in consequences and future occurrences to be S....I often sacrifice the moment for the future. In fact, I rarely live in the present, which is often not a good thing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I believe I am too future-focused and interested in consequences and future occurrences to be S....I often sacrifice the moment for the future. In fact, I rarely live in the present, which is often not a good thing.

Sounds like Ni.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Si seems to have been the dominant factor here - the emphasis placed on traditional institutions like the church and feminine activities like knitting (especially as they are so out of fashion these days) seem to point that way, long with the hatred of sexual promiscuity. Your peers described you as if you were something out of the past. The impulse to ever work harder. It's there over and over again. The lack of interest in sports also indicates that sensing was not extroverted, espeically as you said you liked skiing because it was slower! I'd guess that Si was your primary function and Ne your inferior.

Feeling appears to be introverted, as you seem rather disinterested in interacting with people but showed some ability to empathize with those you deemed worthy of the attention. That would make Fi your tertiary function and Te the auxilary.

Overall, ISTJ.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
She is not one of us.

She is showing all--ALLLLLL!--the signs of incomplete Ne interest in MBTI, the most important being, no decision can be made because not enough information has been gathered. And not enough information ever will be gathered because the interest is incomplete, not strong enough to synthesise sufficient understanding of the theory to allow for belief in a conclusion.

What's the purpose of this thread, after all? Ostensibly for LL to describe stuff and let other people type her. And LL, you then do what with the typings? Accept them and move on? Shoot me in the head if you don't jump up and consider them as interesting possibilities, none of which really encompass the totality of the investigated thing...

ENFP.

And even so I'm starting to be reluctant to say ENFP because seriously, this much investigation and no clear picture emerging? I mean, really no clear picture, not even the ability to identify your own dominant function? If all of this were serious, then you'd be making your team look dumb. Surely you're keeping up this charade for the fun of it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
She is not one of us.

She is showing all--ALLLLLL!--the signs of incomplete Ne interest in MBTI, the most important being, no decision can be made because not enough information has been gathered. And not enough information ever will be gathered because the interest is incomplete, not strong enough to synthesise sufficient understanding of the theory to allow for belief in a conclusion.

What's the purpose of this thread, after all? Ostensibly for LL to describe stuff and let other people type her. And LL, you then do what with the typings? Accept them and move on? Shoot me in the head if you don't jump up and consider them as interesting possibilities, none of which really encompass the totality of the investigated thing...

ENFP.

And even so I'm starting to be reluctant to say ENFP because seriously, this much investigation and no clear picture emerging? I mean, really no clear picture, not even the ability to identify your own dominant function? If all of this were serious, then you'd be making your team look dumb. Surely you're keeping up this charade for the fun of it.

How can you say ENFP given all of the evidence of her preferences for structure, security, control, order, etc.? Her fixation on the future also makes me think Ni more so than Ne. I also don't see any preference for extroversion clearly showing itself. If she does have Ne, it's more likely INFP Ne smothered in an incredibly rigid Fi value system.

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm thinking ISTJ or ISFJ. Pretty much everything in the first post makes me think SJ.

Also sounds more like a 1 than a 3. 3s would at least try and be sociable.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She is not one of us.

Yeah, I mean, I don't know LL extremely well. But what I've seen, in past posts and in this thread, is not consistent with Ni dom. At all. I think Ni doms can actually become slightly annoyed by threads such as this, where possibilities are being considered but none are being pinned down. Ni is like a filter, it sifts through irrelevancies to leave only the relevancies. Ni doms have a need for closure and would never spend years figuring out their type because they would hone in on it fairly quickly. Ne is being used extensively in this thread... maybe LL is ENFP with developed Te? That could explain the need for order and structure. Those types of ENFPs can look very J, moreso in action than in mind, though.

EDIT: Yes, ENFP with strong Te is looking like it to me. The keeping of schedules, records, notes... very Te. My brother is ENFP with developed Te and he does the same. I've seen ENFPs be practical and structured, and it's thanks to that function.