User Tag List

First 15556364656667 Last

Thread: Type me!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    There is really no correlation between type and a profession, imo, no matter what the 'statistics' say.
    so your position is unfalsifiable. Way to represent the NFs logic skills well

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    It is about possibilities. I am a lousy typer. I do not want attention - as I said before, if people get annoyed and this conversation should be conducted in the private sphere, I'm more than willing to move it down to my blog...
    It is private, no one has to click on the thread, right?

Are you actually a lousy typer of other people though? Or just see too many possibilities in yourself? Kind of like how it's hard to type someone really close to you?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Would it help you to see a video I made in order to get a better impression of what I am? I mean, it really doesn't show you how I am in real life because everyone is different in front of a camera than they are naturally, but maybe that would give you a better perspective than my typed words.

If not, that's cool, too, and I'll spare you guys.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    so your position is unfalsifiable. Way to represent the NFs logic skills well
    The thing is, I really don't think that MBTI statistics are trustworthy, because as you can see (and from your own experience I guess), people can come up with more than one type in any of the tests, and therefore they can be put into a group they don't belong to at all, which makes the result of such statistics faulty. I confess I'm not a great fan of statistics in general, but if you make statistics based on something measurable like age or education, the result will be relatively objective; but MBTI type, imo, is definitely not objectively measurable, considering that even people here who are often into it for many years come up with different theories as to what 'type' really is.

Really, I could come up with my own statistics as to 'what type of person is more likely to do whatever', just according to my observations, imagination and common sense. But it doesn't mean the type of person really would choose the path that seems the most expectable. (I clearly don't believe that any career counseling based on MBTI is useful, for instance.)

And yeah, I'm really far from having awesome logical skills, but that doesn't mean I'm an idiot. NTs are also usually far from Einsteins, I'd say.

(And by the way, could you explain to me the word 'unfalsifiable'? I might have misunderstood.)

MBTI
    xNFP

Okay, screw it - here's a video...but don't laugh - I have no makeup and I did not really plan it. But here goes nothing...

[YOUTUBE="9JMlCG4ZjMI"]Carolyn[/YOUTUBE]

Reactions?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

I get an exfj vibe from you or the way you talk and body language. I think you are correct in your typing of yourself now. I would say that you are a enfj. I think you might not be as dreamy and flighty and fluffy that most enfjs exudes from themselves. I was in a relationship with a selfproclaimed ENFJ and she was somewhat different from you. But I dont think that makes you less of an ENFJ.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Wow.

OK, some of you guys are taking the term "Teacher" a little too literally.

I wasn't talking about the literal profession of teaching.

I said she is more of a "Mentor/Teacher/ENFJ" than an "Administrator/Enforcer/ESTJ".

My use of the term is borrowed from David Keirsey and his book Please Understand Me.

My point was that ENFJs can be mistaken for ESTJs because they both use the "In Charge" interaction style (i.e. they can be "bossy").

Here's the link again, so people know I'm not just making this shit up:

ENFJ - ESTJ / ESTP / ENTJ

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    Wow.

OK, some of you guys are taking the term "Teacher" a little too literally.

I wasn't talking about the literal profession of teaching.

I said she is more of a "Mentor/Teacher/ENFJ" than an "Administrator/Enforcer/ESTJ".

My use of the term is borrowed from David Keirsey and his book Please Understand Me.

My point was that ENFJs can be mistaken for ESTJs because they both use the "In Charge" interaction style (aka--they can be "bossy").

Here's the link again, so people know I'm not just making this shit up:

ENFJ - ESTJ / ESTP / ENTJ
    I know what you meant, and I think what you said is really helpful. Since my profession really admires an ESTJ mentality, it could very well be that I have to develop my Te quite extremely. I don't do Te behavior as much in my free time, though, unless cleaning up and organizing my room counts.

Personally, the more I read about the whole Fe-Ni-Se thing, the more it makes sense. Then again, I might be talking out my butt because I don't know as much about typology as other people on here.

What do you think? I really do think I'm ENFJ. And the more I explore and read about it, the surer I am.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

I know what you meant, and I think what you said is really helpful. Since my profession really admires an ESTJ mentality, it could very well be that I have to develop my Te quite extremely. I don't do Te behavior as much in my free time, though, unless cleaning up and organizing my room counts.

Personally, the more I read about the whole Fe-Ni-Se thing, the more it makes sense. Then again, I might be talking out my butt because I don't know as much about typology as other people on here.

What do you think? I really do think I'm ENFJ. And the more I explore and read about it, the surer I am.
    Yeah, we've talked about this before LL, so I know you knew what I meant.

And yes, I feel very strongly that you are ENFJ.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi