User Tag List

First 14546263646566 Last

Thread: Type me!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Please tell me you are not serious. If you say there are not many grammar school teachers, I will grant you that. But no NF teachers??? No NF trainers??? No NFs in education? You've gotta be kidding me.
    i never said there are no nf teachers, just that i didnt have any.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    I read that most teachers are SJ and that NFs actually tend to leave the teaching jobs very often because they can't stand the ways it's done.

Teacher=NF is silly, I didn't have even one NF teacher.

also I'm in med school, and one would maybe expect it's full of NT teachers, and students, but far from it. Most (like 80%) of my teachers are above average intelligent SJ, STJs, and also students are STJs mostly, though i bet many of them would test as NTJs, i even read most represented type in med schools is ENTJs , who are actually STJs.

anyway, it makes sense LL is ENFJ too, I really dont know her, cos I read maybe 2 posts.. but I think it's bit weird to be so unempathetic, (at least from what you say, LL), towards NFPs if you're ENFJ. Maybe you're just unbalanced person, methinks.
    What in the name of God are you talking about?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

What in the name of God are you talking about?
    I dont speak in the name of god, never ever!

MBTI
    xNFP

Okay, Chloee, that's it - OUT!!!! Outside, let's take it outside.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I'll still think ENFP.

Although I could be swayed to the J side, your occupational endeavors aren't light foot by any stretch of the imagination.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I don't know about other people: I never invest incredible time, thought and energy into something I do not take seriously. My time is too limited for that.

Although I do not want to anger mods, members or anyone else - and I certainly do not want to cause any upset or unrest - this matter is *really* important for me because I think it is a vital key to finding out about myself.

My focus is very external. It's hard for me to know what is going on inside myself. BUT I know I have to invest the energy into understanding myself and knowing what this all means. Otherwise we cannot grow and develop our potential, and that is ALSO very important for me.

Perhaps this argument is circular, counter- / non-productive, or even pissing off a large number of people.

If that is the case, I can ask this thread to be merged with my blog, as it is a kind of search for truth which other people may not want to be confronted with. Otherwise, if it is not causing undue discomfort to others, I'd like to see where this goes.
    Heh I doubt this thread is pissing people off or causing discomfort. But if you really do take this matter seriously I have to wonder why you continue to ask for advice in this thread when it has been so unfruitful. One common definition of insanity is "repeating the same behavior and expecting different results". This thread has progressed well past 500 posts and you still do not know your type. If I recall correctly before you started this thread you wanted to know if you were ENFP or ENFJ. That is still the position you are in right now. If you seriously want to know what type you are, then why not try a different approach rather than continue to seek advice in this thread?
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

ENFJ seems like a good fit. What I see in this whole typing is "Possibilities" - you don't want to shut down any possiblities, is that ENFJ like it is ENFP?

I originally thought you were either a type who isn't good at typing (but like jeff said, you probably would have given up long ago) or someone who wants attention. I can see that it might be you also wanting to not close down options.

Wonka also seems to have some clue of what he is talking about when it comes to you.

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    I read that most teachers are SJ and that NFs actually tend to leave the teaching jobs very often because they can't stand the ways it's done.

Teacher=NF is silly, I didn't have even one NF teacher.

also I'm in med school, and one would maybe expect it's full of NT teachers, and students, but far from it. Most (like 80%) of my teachers are above average intelligent SJ, STJs, and also students are STJs mostly, though i bet many of them would test as NTJs, i even read most represented type in med schools is ENTJs , who are actually STJs.
    I'm sorry but this is really nonsense. It's possible that SJ teachers are prevalent (and in my personal opinion especially ESTJs make wondeful teachers, because they're very structured and strict and really focused on effectivity of their work), but it very much depends on the subject. I had two INFP teachers of Literature and one of History, and they were all wonderful and inspirational. They didn't really follow 'the way it's done', they made up their own way, and it was great. Now at the uni (English and Japanese majors) I've already had 3 other INFP teachers and they were also awesomely suited for the job. Besides that, I've also head plenty of NT teachers throughout high school and uni, teaching all sorts of subjects from Physics and Geography to Literature and Anthropology and all of them were very well suited for their jobs as well. My mum is an INTJ and she's tought Czech and German for 30 years, and my dad is INFP and he teaches history of architecture, and most of my friends who aspire to be teachers are either NFs or NTs, so I really don't know what you're talking about. There is really no correlation between type and a profession, imo, no matter what the 'statistics' say.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist
    My focus is very external. It's hard for me to know what is going on inside myself. BUT I know I have to invest the energy into understanding myself and knowing what this all means. Otherwise we cannot grow and develop our potential, and that is ALSO very important for me.
    Little Linguist,

If people who know you personally, including your husband, say that you don't sound anything like ENFP and type you an ENFJ, and you yourself can identify with the profiles the best, it will be probably true, despite the screaming Ne-ness of this thread. However, there were really a whole lot of contradictions in the information you've given us. If your focus is really external and you really can't figure out what's going on inside you, it will probably mean your dominant function is extraverted judging (Te? Fe?), but just a couple of pages behind you stated that you can't figure out what others are feeling and you never liked showing your feelings to your family, which really doesn't sound dom Fe to me at all. I don't really get how you managed to get so many Fe points in the function tests with this, to tell the truth. With all this, everyone peacefully settled on an ESTJ, but then you added a lot of NF qualities into the mix and everyone got absolutely perplexed again. Your approach to teaching really didn't remind me of any of my ESTJ teachers, although it sounded very J indeed. I'd say that unless you're just pulling our leg, you're really full of contradictions, so probably such a simple thing as recognizing your 'vibe' (in person or on video) and type you accordingly would be more effective than other 50 pages of this thread.

By the way, you're really becoming to remind me more and more of Hermione Granger in HP books. She is also pretty much untypeable, because Rowling (INFJ) wanted to make her similar to how she was in her age, but threw so many ISTJ qualities into the mix that these two kind of 'merged'. The character is wonderful, but untypeable. Perhaps you're also really wonderful, but untypeable.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    ENFJ seems like a good fit. What I see in this whole typing is "Possibilities" - you don't want to shut down any possiblities, is that ENFJ like it is ENFP?

I originally thought you were either a type who isn't good at typing (but like jeff said, you probably would have given up long ago) or someone who wants attention. I can see that it might be you also wanting to not close down options.

Wonka also seems to have some clue of what he is talking about when it comes to you.
    It is about possibilities. I am a lousy typer. I do not want attention - as I said before, if people get annoyed and this conversation should be conducted in the private sphere, I'm more than willing to move it down to my blog...

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    I'm sorry but this is really nonsense. It's possible that SJ teachers are prevalent (and in my personal opinion especially ESTJs make wondeful teachers, because they're very structured and strict and really focused on effectivity of their work), but it very much depends on the subject. I had two INFP teachers of Literature and one of History, and they were all wonderful and inspirational. They didn't really follow 'the way it's done', they made up their own way, and it was great. Now at the uni (English and Japanese majors) I've already had 3 other INFP teachers and they were also awesomely suited for the job. Besides that, I've also head plenty of NT teachers throughout high school and uni, teaching all sorts of subjects from Physics and Geography to Literature and Anthropology and all of them were very well suited for their jobs as well. My mum is an INTJ and she's tought Czech and German for 30 years, and my dad is INFP and he teaches history of architecture, and most of my friends who aspire to be teachers are either NFs or NTs, so I really don't know what you're talking about. There is really no correlation between type and a profession, imo, no matter what the 'statistics' say.

Little Linguist,

If people who know you personally, including your husband, say that you don't sound anything like ENFP and type you an ENFJ, and you yourself can identify with the profiles the best, it will be probably true, despite the screaming Ne-ness of this thread. However, there were really a whole lot of contradictions in the information you've given us. If your focus is really external and you really can't figure out what's going on inside you, it will probably mean your dominant function is extraverted judging (Te? Fe?), but just a couple of pages behind you stated that you can't figure out what others are feeling and you never liked showing your feelings to your family, which really doesn't sound dom Fe to me at all. I don't really get how you managed to get so many Fe points in the function tests with this, to tell the truth. With all this, everyone peacefully settled on an ESTJ, but then you added a lot of NF qualities into the mix and everyone got absolutely perplexed again. Your approach to teaching really didn't remind me of any of my ESTJ teachers, although it sounded very J indeed. I'd say that unless you're just pulling our leg, you're really full of contradictions, so probably such a simple thing as recognizing your 'vibe' (in person or on video) and type you accordingly would be more effective than other 50 pages of this thread.

By the way, you're really becoming to remind me more and more of Hermione Granger in HP books. She is also pretty much untypeable, because Rowling (INFJ) wanted to make her similar to how she was in her age, but threw so many ISTJ qualities into the mix that these two kind of 'merged'. The character is wonderful, but untypeable. Perhaps you're also really wonderful, but untypeable.
    Well...I'm not manipulating anyone or pulling anyone's leg. I really do want to find out, but I think it is impossible to type me.

He pretty much said both ESTJ and ENFP were cat shit for me. The best one was ENFJ, although it wasn't perfect either, it was the closest one. He basically said I was an ENFJ who worked best alone steering my own ship because the best results come when I'm not dependent on others, when my hard work comes to its full fruition.