User Tag List

First 11515960616263 Last

Thread: Type me!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Jeffster doesn't know what he's talking about.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yeah, once again we're talking past each other. You have your mind made up that something called "Fe dominant" is necessary for one to show in message board posts in order for that person to most closely identify with an ENFJ personality type. I disagree with that, so I guess there's nothing more to say on the matter.
    Right... you're following your own system or whatever you're doing. Do that -- great. I'll make my own suggestions to LL, and you can make yours. At the end of the day, the only one that knows LL's mind is LL. I'm just offering help since she asked.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    On the contrary, I seem to be the ONLY one who knows what I'm talking about.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Yeah, once again we're talking past each other. You have your mind made up that something called "Fe dominant" is necessary for one to show in message board posts in order for that person to most closely identify with an ENFJ personality type. I disagree with that, so I guess there's nothing more to say on the matter.
    You do realize Myers and Briggs invented their personality categories based directly on Jung's conceptions of dominant and auxiliary functions, right?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

LOL good line.

Not very ISFPish though =/

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    You do realize Myers and Briggs invented their personality categories based directly on Jung's conceptions of dominant and auxiliary functions, right?
    Yes, I do. You do realize that most people who come to a conclusion about their own personality type, including those who take the official MBTI, do not come to that conclusion based on determining dominant and auxiliary functions, right?

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    LOL good line.

Not very ISFPish though =/
    Well, I'm probably not an ISFP. Someone go search through all my posts and see how much "Fi dominant" there is and maybe we can discover the truth.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    nothing is solved, but then again nothing matters. not here, not now, not ever.

I am moved to tears by your depth. The angels are weeping with me.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

What??? I don't use Fe???

Feeling people make decisions based on feelings, so the Extraverted Feeling function allows a person to adjust their behavior to the needs of others. Is it the ability to relate and the desire to connect with others with warmth and consideration. It draws others out and responds to expressed or unexpressed needs.
    I use Fe every fucking day. Like, all the time. I just don't use it on here because my Fe gets tired and wants a break once in a while. So I do wild and crazy Ne/Se shit. What's the big mystery?

*sigh*

Thank you Jeffy. I admire you. You stand up for your shit, and you are the one person who actually breaks stuff down instead of building stuff up and making it ultra-complicated.

Thank you to everyone who is putting up with my learning process, that is overly extraverted. I know I can be a royal pain in the woohoo.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    You should take your own advice. She said Ne, Ni, Fe, Fi were the highest. And I saw her cognitive functions results; those were all pretty much equal. Also, you apparently missed the part where I said "Actions speak louder than words." I've been going through all her old posts...nothing suggests Fe dominant since the day she signed up here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Right... you're following your own system or whatever you're doing. Do that -- great. I'll make my own suggestions to LL, and you can make yours. At the end of the day, the only one that knows LL's mind is LL. I'm just offering help since she asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Yes, I do. You do realize that most people who come to a conclusion about their own personality type, including those who take the official MBTI, do not come to that conclusion based on determining dominant and auxiliary functions, right?

Well, I'm probably not an ISFP. Someone go search through all my posts and see how much "Fi dominant" there is and maybe we can discover the truth.
    well... Im on jeffsters side here.

--Yes the theory originated with cognitive functions, but the MAP IS NOT THE TERRITORY
    --one metaphor method of getting 4 letters may be equal to another metaphor method
    --I sense there is some pretentiousness associated with what people expect of the Fe-doms on this board. That pretentiousness expected may actually not be part of Fe, and may be culturally related to what you expect
    --many people come online to relax and may put their chief way of dealing with the world to the side
    --Fe+Ti can look Te, Ne + Si can look Ni, Fi + Te can look Fe etc ad infinitum. So at the end of the day, its up to her to look into her brain. I think jeffster is doing a fine job of facilitating this.

maybe we all shouldnt get attached to our pet theories of LL, and learn to not take it personally when she rejects it in favor of another?

:gets ready to take cover:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Hi there LL,

How are you - trust you're well, despite banging your head on this issue for the last couple of weeks!

I haven't read all 50 pages of this thread, but have noted your continual exploration of type over this time. And I have skimmed through a number of posts here and there. So I am just going to chime in for a sec in the hopes of adding some clarity in kind.

First, despite the differences I sense between us, we do have much in common. It would take a super long post to prove this to you, so I will ask you to go on faith in that regard rather than me take up this whole page.

Instead I will use the strengths I use best and share with you why I think you are still ENFP. First, I sense it. Ne attuned to your vibe. Your desire for order, perfection, peaceful coexistence; your need to help others, to try to think your way out of this dilemma, to spontaneously express here, so many more I can't count them. I know actually counting them could in itself be sufficiently convincing to you, but I will have to save that for a day when chores aren't pressing.

But as a quick summary - you know, you can be an ENFP and still be driven to get things done, to organize, to be a DOER. I am NFP and I consider myself a doer. I get things done! Clearly you do too.

I think part of the issue is that you are keenly focussed on the language of all the MBTI descriptions you read, hanging on and evaluating each word and phrase of them to see if they resonate with you, if they feel right with you. Remember that mere mortals wrote these descriptions, and just because there's not a 100% fit for you, doesn't make it wrong.

You, my dear, are without a doubt grander in life than the written word could ever attempt to capture, so don't expect to find all your specialness in one of those online generic descriptions.

Let the question rest a while. And sending hugs for whatever type you are, because I know for sure you certainly are a special one!