User Tag List

First 10505859606162 Last

Results 591 to 600 of 690

Thread: Type me!

  1. #591
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    I can't remember if I posted this or not, but hell, it's better than nothing:

    Stand up and visualize time as a continuum flowing from future to past. Spatially indicate with your hands where the future, present, and past are, respectively, in relation to yourself. Try to actually FEEL where they are around you by touching them with your hands. After you have done so (for real! -- not just in your head!), read this.
    Let's see if it points to anything.
    Hello

  2. #592
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    *sigh* Am I speaking Russian? Chinese? Latin? :rolli:

    I have made the following conclusions after additional reseach:

    1. I am an idealist (translation: NF)

    2. I am an extravert (translation: E)

    THAT IS CLEAR and if anyone debates this any further, have at it, but I'm probably not going to be convinced unless you provide clear, persuasive argumentation.

    E-N-F...

    So, now everyone is speaking all this mumbo-jumbo about cognitive functions. That's great. Have we looked at my cognitive functions? Ne, Ni, Fe, Fi were the highest. So what in flying carpets in purgatory is wrong with debating ENFJ?

    Can we please stick to the following ideas - ENFP and ENFJ?

    And quite frankly, I don't know why everyone is so dead-set on ENFP.
    Why is Fe highest? I haven't seen you really use Fe... at all. You seem personally focused, your goals, your ideas, your feelings. Nothing you've done on this forum suggests that you're invested in helping others reach their potential and that's what Fe types are focused on. You say that's what you like to do, but like I said before, actions speak louder than words.

    As for why ENFP, I've given my thoughts on why, in this thread and in your blog.

  3. #593
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post

    Ugh. "You've got Ne, Te, Si, and Fi" is about the same as saying "you have a light mauve aura with a twinge of raspberry essence." You can try to make it sound all scientific with function shorthand, but the fact is that you have no way to know what is inside another person's mind. You can observe behavior, and that is filtered through your own perspective, but any notion that you can determine whether someone is "dom-Fe" as if that's a provable fact is just guesswork.
    You're right, I have no idea what's going on in someone's mind. However, that's not really necessary when you're talking about the extroverted functions - Fe, Se, Te, Ne. Those ARE pretty observable, even in an online forum. Ne-dom's are pretty obvious, as is Fe in all of the FJ's (compared to the FP's) and Te in the TJ's. It's not that hard to pick up trends.

    And yeah, of course a lot of this is 'guesswork' - and I'm the first to say I think a lot of mbti/cog function theory is crap (at least in the way many/most people utilize it..sorta along the lines of SolitaryWalker's 'folk typology' rants). Anyone who's read half of my babbling posts on the subject will know I'm not a fan of strict function order, and I always say there's a lot more to human personality than functions. BUT, if we're actually on a site that's about mbti, it's just a fact of the matter that if we're gonna stick someone in one of 16 types, some sort of framework will have to be followed.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  4. #594
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    You know what my problem is? I'm reading a bunch of populist shit, and I need real scientific literature, and I don't know if there is any.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  5. #595
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Anyway, I talked to my husband, who knows me pretty well, I dare say.

    When I read ENFJ, he said that fit me very well, with the one caveat that I work much better on my own two feet than in a team. He said that teams pull me down unless they happen to be good teams, and I am much more effective and prefer working alone for the good of others (which is true). Otherwise, it fits perfectly.

    When I read ENFP, he pretty much thought it was cat shit.

    When I brought up INFJ and INFP for discussion and he read 'introvertiert' he said, "I don't even need to read that: You are NOT introverted."

    Just because you work most effectively alone running your own ship doesn't mean you're introverted.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  6. #596
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    You know what would help if you're having trouble typing yourself? I would say get away from MBTI for a while (try a week if it's not difficult), and then come back after this time with an open mind, read the type descriptions, be honest, and type yourself (preferably without using these tests at first).

  7. #597
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Why is Fe highest? I haven't seen you really use Fe... at all. You seem personally focused, your goals, your ideas, your feelings. Nothing you've done on this forum suggests that you're invested in helping others reach their potential and that's what Fe types are focused on.
    Uhhh..did you miss the part where she told me that what she lives for is helping people realize their potential?? And she never said "Fe is highest." She said she made the conclusion she's an Idealist who's extroverted. You gotta read the actual words being said rather than making up your own.

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    BUT, if we're actually on a site that's about mbti, it's just a fact of the matter that if we're gonna stick someone in one of 16 types, some sort of framework will have to be followed.
    Fair enough, but even though I know the title of the forum was changed for legal reasons, the fact is that it did change, and it doesn't have "MBTI" in it anymore. Typology is the study of types, and it doesn't necessarily have to be limited to one system, especially if that system doesn't seem to fit a person and is just confusing.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  8. #598
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Uhhh..did you miss the part where she told me that what she lives for is helping people realize their potential?? And she never said "Fe is highest." She said she made the conclusion she's an Idealist who's extroverted. You gotta read the actual words being said rather than making up your own.
    You should take your own advice. She said Ne, Ni, Fe, Fi were the highest. And I saw her cognitive functions results; those were all pretty much equal. Also, you apparently missed the part where I said "Actions speak louder than words." I've been going through all her old posts...nothing suggests Fe dominant since the day she signed up here.

  9. #599
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    It sounds like you and babylon are very much alike, both deciding on ENFJ enneagram 1.

    As for the teams comment, the ENFJ I know never actively seeks out working on teams and seems to enjoy doing things in his own way. He is still very much extraverted though!

  10. #600
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    You should take your own advice. She said Ne, Ni, Fe, Fi were the highest. And I saw her cognitive functions results; those were all pretty much equal. Also, you apparently missed the part where I said "Actions speak louder than words." I've been going through all her old posts...nothing suggests Fe dominant since the day she signed up here.
    Yeah, once again we're talking past each other. You have your mind made up that something called "Fe dominant" is necessary for one to show in message board posts in order for that person to most closely identify with an ENFJ personality type. I disagree with that, so I guess there's nothing more to say on the matter.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Similar Threads

  1. How would you type me as a child?
    By Kiddo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. Blah, type me...
    By runvardh in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 06:05 PM
  3. Enneagram-type me!
    By Haphazard in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 10:41 PM
  4. Type Me (New and Improved With Marmite Flavour!)
    By Tigerlily in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 12:46 AM
  5. First post- please help type me!
    By Annuit Coeptis in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 03:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO