Thread: Type me!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    And I bet he won't take my challenge either. The challenge of finding any SJ that has spent more than 5 minutes worrying about their "personality type." You obviously didn't watch LL's video blogs, or you wouldn't even make the ludicrous suggestion that she's SJ.
    My sister spent about 10 minutes at it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I love simulatedworld. He's one of my favorite posters on here. But he's totally wrong here. And I bet he won't take my challenge either. The challenge of finding any SJ that has spent more than 5 minutes worrying about their "personality type." You obviously didn't watch LL's video blogs, or you wouldn't even make the ludicrous suggestion that she's SJ.
    Incubustribute is ISFJ and has spent quite a bit of time worrying about it. I know him in real life; we used to think he was ESFJ, then he considered INFJ for a while, etc. etc.

I'll see if I can get him to confirm this in thread, hold on.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Incubustribute is ISFJ and has spent quite a bit of time worrying about it. I know him in real life; we used to think he was ESFJ, then he considered INFJ for a while, etc. etc.

I'll see if I can get him to confirm this in thread, hold on.
    Saslou also had some confusion, and she's ESFJ. That was just due to not really being fully educated though. It's still questioning it. :P
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

LL seems to have attention-whored a gazillion people on this thread by playing innocence in the decades-old "I don't know what my type is" game. It's all just a distraction as a part of her grand scheme to completely take over TypoC. Power-hungry NTJ ftw.

MBTI
    ISFJ

BZZZZZ. And how would you go about determining that? A Ouija board? All of this complicated function babble is what has Linguist so confused in the first place! Wonka did a good job if simplifying, but an even better way is to forget the letters all together and just think of the intelligent roles I was talking about earlier.
    Have you ever bothered to consider the origins of Myers Briggs?

I love simulatedworld. He's one of my favorite posters on here. But he's totally wrong here. And I bet he won't take my challenge either. The challenge of finding any SJ that has spent more than 5 minutes worrying about their "personality type." You obviously didn't watch LL's video blogs, or you wouldn't even make the ludicrous suggestion that she's SJ.
    Any dumbass who learns about MBTI and has even the most basic desire to understand himself more fully will analyze his own behavior for more than a couple days. The problem is that most SJ's don't value the intuition necessary for such self-analysis, so they often just take the online test results for face value. I am still bloody questioning my type, even though I've seen the ISFJ functions manifested in innumerable situations in my life. At times I seem more INTP, like online. At times I even can seem ENTP. I've considered thus far: INFJ, ISTJ, ESFJ, ISFP, and INTP. If you cared to look into functional analysis, you'd see the reasons for considering alternatives of both ESFJ and INTP as well.

Ugh. "You've got Ne, Te, Si, and Fi" is about the same as saying "you have a light mauve aura with a twinge of raspberry essence." You can try to make it sound all scientific with function shorthand, but the fact is that you have no way to know what is inside another person's mind. You can observe behavior, and that is filtered through your own perspective, but any notion that you can determine whether someone is "dom-Fe" as if that's a provable fact is just guesswork.
    :steam:
    Come on, man! This is just laughably closed-minded and painfully ignorant. Getting on an MBTI forum and posting all the time without giving half a rat's anal cavity about Jung is like writing a book about the history of rock n' roll without mentioning The Beatles! Know your roots!

Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post
    Come on, man! This is just laughably closed-minded and painfully ignorant. Getting on an MBTI forum and posting all the time without giving half a rat's anal cavity about Jung is like writing a book about the history of rock n' roll without mentioning The Beatles! Know your roots!
    Rat's anal cavity?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post
    If you cared to look into functional analysis, you'd see the reasons for considering alternatives of both ESFJ and INTP as well.
    Nah, he'd rather just declare it all totally meaningless without bothering to study it in depth.

I'm sure he livens up parties like no other, though.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Nah, he'd rather just declare it all totally meaningless without bothering to study it in depth.

I'm sure he livens up parties like no other, though.
    Seriously though, I picked up Jung's writings the other day in a Borders, and let me tell you: it pains me to see so many members on here dogmatically denying the usefulness of cognitive functions. YOU WOULDN'T HAVE MBTI WITHOUT COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS!

I'll just get off the laptop and enjoy some hot chocolate now...it's rather cold outside...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

To all the people commenting on Linguist's type:

How much have you actually interacted with her?

Have you ever talked to her in person?

Have you talked to her in Vent, or have you only read her posts?

How much does just reading someone's posts really tell you about the person?

And how good are you at "reading people" in general, anyway?

You can disregard my opinion all you want, but I've interacted with Linguist a lot in Vent, which is much more than I can say for many of you.

And as an ENFP, I am very skilled at reading people I interact with.

That's not a myth. ENFPs really have a talent for that shit.

I don't claim to know for sure what her type is, but I've interacted with her in Vent and looked at this mystery from many angles --and I feel very confident that she is ENFJ.

All this wild speculation is pretty interesting, but at the end of the day, how much have you actually GOTTEN TO KNOW Little Linguist?

After all, its pretty ridiculous to TYPE a PERSON without actually GETTING TO KNOW the PERSON.......ISN'T IT?

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I've done her, dude. And she does it like an ESTJ for sure.