User Tag List

First 545535455565765 Last

Thread: Type me!

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Heh, the problem with everyone helping is that it just confuses things more. I guess a lot of people have already decided what type LL is (or which types she definitely isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Well, okay, since this crap isn't helping, maybe we should do what you suggest.
    Heh, I'm not sure he's suggested anything. That's probably the most helpful thing at this point though. I don't think a random group of internet strangers can help any more at this point. If you're going to figure out your type, then you'll probably have to do some personal research.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I don't think I've ever had an INTP criticize me for wasting time on trivial games. Especially not someone who's poured as much time into "useless" typology analysis as you. Let's pull up some of your more long-winded posts, shall we?
    My typology isn't useless. Yours, that of Keirsey and MBTI in general is. The latter actually has internal coherence and is not undermined by people's personal idiosyncrasies and culture dependent phenomena like MBTI is. But don't you worry about it my friend, you'd be lucky to understand half of it. Go ahead and pull up my posts, but this would be a waste of your time unless you've already read Jung's psychological types and the philosophers Jung was influenced by. He particularly gives a great deal of credit to Schopenhauer and Kant. In short, if you want any genuine typological insights; or ideas about typology that aren't altogether trivial from the standpoint of understanding the world---you ought to make a commitment to philosophy. Are you ready for that?

In any case, I don't mean to spoil the party or to tell you that you're doing something you shouldn't be doing. Go, run along, have a great time with your friends. Folk typology is a valuable community after all despite the fact that its all complete non-sense. Very few topics of discussion can bring people together as easily as this one. How often do you see dozens of people trying to help one person with such earnest enthusiasm and kind regard? That is the true invaluable merit of myths, fairy tales and folk theories, they create great group cohesion and harmony.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

this is like that House thread, isn't it? A consensus will never be reached and the thread will just spiral into infinity
    Hello

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    this is like that House thread, isn't it? A consensus will never be reached and the thread will just spiral into infinity
    Folk typology isn't supposed to reach any consensus. It's supposed to give our members something that they can enjoy doing together; and this, it certainly has accomplished admirably.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    My typology isn't useless. Yours, that of Keirsey and MBTI in general is.
    Oh, I see.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

My typology isn't useless. Yours, that of Keirsey and MBTI in general is. The latter actually has internal coherence and is not undermined by people's personal idiosyncrasies and culture dependent phenomena like MBTI is. But don't you worry about it my friend, you'd be lucky to understand half of it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

okay, LL, Im giving you two choices:

ESTJ: My econ prof was a cool ESTJ. They dont use Si like a straight jacket. They use it to help relate concepts with examples from the past. They can be entertaining and non-boring by use of tertiary Ne.

or

ENFP: The forum member alexx has a signature with cog func results and she has off the charts Fe/Fi and close Ni/Ne in 3rd/4th place. She's still ENFP. Your inability to end this thread in under 40 pages is leading me to agree with some of the ENFP proclaimers.

These are your only options. This thread will not help you anymore. Te + Fi can look Fe. Fe + Ti can look Te. Si + Ne can look Ni! ad infinitum. Stop over complicating it. (i can be such a hypocrite) Taking your behaviors over the entire course of your life will not help you anymore. Just pick the type you want to be, or figure out what type you were when you most happy over a course of at least a few months. Then you can go on about your life.

If there is one thing that my own type search revealed to me, it was that NONE of the actual members of the types (INTPs, ENTJs, ENTPs, ENFJs etc) fit the stereotypes to the "T". Yes, there was the occasional "jesus ENFJ" and "mini-philosopher INTP", but overall almost every person on this forum has something about them that "should" disqualify them from "their type". You have to decide if the thinking style fits you, not the stereotypes. At the end of the day, its your brain. No one else can see your thoughts and decide if its Te+Fi or Fe. No one else can read your mind and see if its Ne or Se + Ni... etc

ITS UP TO YOU! NOW GO INTROSPECT...WHEN YOU ARE DONE, COME BACK AND TELL US WHAT YOU HAVE DECIDED.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Seriously. "Best job of demonstrating everything everyone hates about INTPs" award goes to solitarywalker. What a douche.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    I

My typology isn't useless. Yours, that of Keirsey and MBTI in general is. The latter actually has internal coherence and is not undermined by people's personal idiosyncrasies and culture dependent phenomena like MBTI is. But don't you worry about it my friend, you'd be lucky to understand half of it. Go ahead and pull up my posts, but this would be a waste of your time unless you've already read Jung's psychological types and the philosophers Jung was influenced by. He particularly gives a great deal of credit to Schopenhauer and Kant. In short, if you want any genuine typological insights; or ideas about typology that aren't altogether trivial from the standpoint of understanding the world---you ought to make a commitment to philosophy. Are you ready for that?

In any case, I don't mean to spoil the party or to tell you that you're doing something you shouldn't be doing. Go, run along, have a great time with your friends. Folk typology is a valuable community after all despite the fact that its all complete non-sense. Very few topics of discussion can bring people together as easily as this one. How often do you see dozens of people trying to help one person with such earnest enthusiasm and kind regard? That is the true invaluable merit of myths, fairy tales and folk theories, they create great group cohesion and harmony.
    :chicken:

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    NO, this is NOT a good way how to distinguish J/P. This is like, the most unrealiable way ever. The only reliable way is to determine if one's dominant perceiving function is introverted (Si, Ni) or extroverted (Se, Ne).
    BZZZZZ. And how would you go about determining that? A Ouija board? All of this complicated function babble is what has Linguist so confused in the first place! Wonka did a good job if simplifying, but an even better way is to forget the letters all together and just think of the intelligent roles I was talking about earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Because she's an ESTJ.
    I love simulatedworld. He's one of my favorite posters on here. But he's totally wrong here. And I bet he won't take my challenge either. The challenge of finding any SJ that has spent more than 5 minutes worrying about their "personality type." You obviously didn't watch LL's video blogs, or you wouldn't even make the ludicrous suggestion that she's SJ.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I don't think you should even be considering ENFJ.

I think like others have pointed out you've got Ne, Te, Si, and Fi. And the fact that a mere handful of days ago you were justifying how you have all of these cognitive functions, as an ESTJ, and really embracing ESTJ, says quite a lot. If you relate[d] THAT strongly to ESTJ at one point, that says something. The other little 'fact' of the matter is that most of your time on this forum you've considered yourself of the ENFP flavor. That says something.

I've seen very little evidence for Dom-Fe -- so nix the ENFJ, which IS dom-Fe!
    Ugh. "You've got Ne, Te, Si, and Fi" is about the same as saying "you have a light mauve aura with a twinge of raspberry essence." You can try to make it sound all scientific with function shorthand, but the fact is that you have no way to know what is inside another person's mind. You can observe behavior, and that is filtered through your own perspective, but any notion that you can determine whether someone is "dom-Fe" as if that's a provable fact is just guesswork.

Oh come on people, you've got to push harder. Flood this thread with more folk typology. Talk about your experiences and how your ESFJ dog is much more decivise than she is and how if someone likes to act out a lot they must be an ESFP. More anecdotes, chop-chop. You can do it! Convince her that she is an ESTJ! Haven't you had a grandpa who was just like her? Doesn't this mean that she just has to be this type, you can't lose this battle! Keep going!
    That might be your funniest post ever, SW. Nice job.

My ISFP great-grandmother called me "Jeffy" when she was still alive, so obviously Linguist is an ISFP.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel