User Tag List

First 36444546474856 Last

Results 451 to 460 of 690

Thread: Type me!

  1. #451
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Context is everything.

    Yes.
    Choose:

    Whatever is manifest (apparent, observable, described) is only manifest because it serves a purpose--a purpose that it achieves by exploiting a certain way of interpreting or navigating by signs. There is no absolute truth, becuase truth is a frame of reference, a way of organizing information, which serves one set of needs or another.
    Whatever you find, there is something more to find: a broader context, a whole, which will change your understanding of the part, creating new options for meaning and response. Once we've grasped a whole pattern, we can envision options that don't yet exist.
    Hello

  2. #452
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    My point is as follows: The first post demonstrates how I was until I reached the age of 25 or so. My post now reflects how I am now, after a bizarre shift that I had in perception. So what can this mean?

    I'm not trying to fool you and say, "HA! Try and guess now....hahaha, just threw a monkey wrench to confuse you, guess now....woo hoo, let's say something else and confuse them a little more." I just want to show you the different facets as they reveal themselves to me through introspection.

    I honestly don't know what to make of it, sorry. *shrugs* That's why I am asking for advice.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  3. #453
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Choose:
    BOTH
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  4. #454
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    BOTH
    Hello

  5. #455
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    How can I choose when I do both equally???
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  6. #456
    Retired Member Wonkavision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    wow.

    maybe you are a friggin ENFP, Linguist.


    I'm still wary of your tendency toward J-ness though......Keep that shit under control, will ya?
    __________________


    I'M OUTTA HERE.

    IT'S BEEN FUN.

    TAKE CARE.

    PEACE OUT!!!


  7. #457
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    I swear to god, we'll end up reaching the 200th page of this thread and she'll suddenly realise that she's another bloody INFP.
    Hello

  8. #458
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Simulated, that is an excellent point, and may I counter by saying that I am a multifaceted person who displays various aspects of my personality. Yes, you are right: I focus on different parts at different times because different aspects have relevance at different times. You cannot give a complete portrayal of something as complex as a human person in one post - in that way, you are completely right when you say that you cannot analyze someone you do not know effectively.

    On the other hand, I have considered the possibility that you can analyze me better because you indeed have no personal stake in the matter and can therefore be more objective than I can or my husband can, for example.

    With that in mind, the EXFJ result that my husband came up with might be incorrect because he sees me with a blind eye, perhaps.
    Well, it's just that you're not going to accomplish much when you list a bunch of characteristics that point to ENFP, and then everybody says ENFP, and then you say "OH BUT WAIT ACTUALLY I'M MORE LIKE THIS" and list a bunch of characteristics that point to ESTJ, etc. etc.

    If you're having this much trouble with it, maybe you should just not worry about this and find a different hobby. It's really not that significant, honestly.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  9. #459
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Whatever is manifest (apparent, observable, described) is only manifest because it serves a purpose--a purpose that it achieves by exploiting a certain way of interpreting or navigating by signs. There is no absolute truth, becuase truth is a frame of reference, a way of organizing information, which serves one set of needs or another.
    I see purpose everywhere...it occurs to me. I use signs all the time. Truth is indeed relative and changes, morphs, and develops. I use truth to organize information: I frequently find myself trying to organize the ideas that flow; I look for the optimal ways of organizing and evaluating the insights that make themselves known through these signs.

    W
    hatever you find, there is something more to find: a broader context, a whole, which will change your understanding of the part, creating new options for meaning and response. Once we've grasped a whole pattern, we can envision options that don't yet exist.
    You never stop growing and learning...there is always the potential to learn something a little better, to get a bit more familiar with something.

    However, if you want me to make a differentiation, I would say that I get frustrated after a while if the new options do not have a result. Which is why this ferking type thing is driving me nuts.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  10. #460
    Retired Member Wonkavision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Not sure where this question is leading, but allow me to follow an inspiration.

    Linguist, do you believe that existence/the universe is inherently RATIONAL or IRRATIONAL?
    __________________


    I'M OUTTA HERE.

    IT'S BEEN FUN.

    TAKE CARE.

    PEACE OUT!!!


Similar Threads

  1. How would you type me as a child?
    By Kiddo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. Blah, type me...
    By runvardh in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 06:05 PM
  3. Enneagram-type me!
    By Haphazard in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 10:41 PM
  4. Type Me (New and Improved With Marmite Flavour!)
    By Tigerlily in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 12:46 AM
  5. First post- please help type me!
    By Annuit Coeptis in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 03:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO