User Tag List

First 36444546474856 Last

Thread: Type me!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Context is everything.

Yes.
    Choose:

Whatever is manifest (apparent, observable, described) is only manifest because it serves a purpose--a purpose that it achieves by exploiting a certain way of interpreting or navigating by signs. There is no absolute truth, becuase truth is a frame of reference, a way of organizing information, which serves one set of needs or another.
    Whatever you find, there is something more to find: a broader context, a whole, which will change your understanding of the part, creating new options for meaning and response. Once we've grasped a whole pattern, we can envision options that don't yet exist.
    Hello

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

My point is as follows: The first post demonstrates how I was until I reached the age of 25 or so. My post now reflects how I am now, after a bizarre shift that I had in perception. So what can this mean?

I'm not trying to fool you and say, "HA! Try and guess now....hahaha, just threw a monkey wrench to confuse you, guess now....woo hoo, let's say something else and confuse them a little more." I just want to show you the different facets as they reveal themselves to me through introspection.

I honestly don't know what to make of it, sorry. *shrugs* That's why I am asking for advice.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Choose:
    BOTH
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

BOTH
    Hello

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    How can I choose when I do both equally???

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

wow.

maybe you are a friggin ENFP, Linguist.

I'm still wary of your tendency toward J-ness though......Keep that shit under control, will ya?

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

I swear to god, we'll end up reaching the 200th page of this thread and she'll suddenly realise that she's another bloody INFP.
    Hello

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Simulated, that is an excellent point, and may I counter by saying that I am a multifaceted person who displays various aspects of my personality. Yes, you are right: I focus on different parts at different times because different aspects have relevance at different times. You cannot give a complete portrayal of something as complex as a human person in one post - in that way, you are completely right when you say that you cannot analyze someone you do not know effectively.

On the other hand, I have considered the possibility that you can analyze me better because you indeed have no personal stake in the matter and can therefore be more objective than I can or my husband can, for example.

With that in mind, the EXFJ result that my husband came up with might be incorrect because he sees me with a blind eye, perhaps.
    Well, it's just that you're not going to accomplish much when you list a bunch of characteristics that point to ENFP, and then everybody says ENFP, and then you say "OH BUT WAIT ACTUALLY I'M MORE LIKE THIS" and list a bunch of characteristics that point to ESTJ, etc. etc.

If you're having this much trouble with it, maybe you should just not worry about this and find a different hobby. It's really not that significant, honestly.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    xNFP

Whatever is manifest (apparent, observable, described) is only manifest because it serves a purpose--a purpose that it achieves by exploiting a certain way of interpreting or navigating by signs. There is no absolute truth, becuase truth is a frame of reference, a way of organizing information, which serves one set of needs or another.
    I see purpose everywhere...it occurs to me. I use signs all the time. Truth is indeed relative and changes, morphs, and develops. I use truth to organize information: I frequently find myself trying to organize the ideas that flow; I look for the optimal ways of organizing and evaluating the insights that make themselves known through these signs.

W
    hatever you find, there is something more to find: a broader context, a whole, which will change your understanding of the part, creating new options for meaning and response. Once we've grasped a whole pattern, we can envision options that don't yet exist.
    You never stop growing and learning...there is always the potential to learn something a little better, to get a bit more familiar with something.

However, if you want me to make a differentiation, I would say that I get frustrated after a while if the new options do not have a result. Which is why this ferking type thing is driving me nuts.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Not sure where this question is leading, but allow me to follow an inspiration.

Linguist, do you believe that existence/the universe is inherently RATIONAL or IRRATIONAL?

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!