User Tag List

First 35434445464755 Last

Results 441 to 450 of 690

Thread: Type me!

  1. #441
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I'm sorry....don't hate me. Have pity on my crazy ass. And preferably the rest of me, too.
    QUESTION TIME!

    How do you experience your intuition?
    Hello

  2. #442
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    QUESTION TIME!

    How do you experience your intuition?
    Um...it happens? Shit happens? LOL No, just kidding. Could you be a bit more specific?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  3. #443
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    My final answer (I hope): ENFP with high Fe/Ni showing an XSTJ shadow right now.

    Only other possibility: ENFJ with high Ne/Fi showing an ESTJ whatever...


    So I won after all?

    Despite your cool TJ look , I've been absolutely convinced of your ENFP-ness now, because no ESTJ in the entire world would keep on re- and re-typing themselves in such an ecclectic way. Your Ne is definitely higher than your Si. This further convinced me that the order of the perceiving functions is the foremost thing to consider when typing people, actually. I knew that no one with strong Si could be so oblivious to their environment

  4. #444
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    I'm not trying to be difficult. It's just really hard for me to define. I can give you some examples that I *think* are intuition but please do not kill me if I get the examples 'wrong':

    1. I instinctively know what students need - the smaller the group, the better. I 'feel' it. I 'know'. (That's really vague...)

    2. My mind 'jumps around' quite a bit. I do not have what some people might call 'linear thinking.' In fact, even I look at my thought processes and wonder how I got somewhere. Then, I'll backtrack and fascinate myself. Weird, I know. Over time I have learned to discipline this fault (in college, it was so bad that even a student came up to me and said: "It's obvious that you are smart but maybe you need to think before you speak because you trip over yourself and have a flutter of thoughts; it's hard for others to follow." I mean when a STUDENT comes to you and says that - damn...)

    3. Although I often can tell what people feel without evidence, I make errors in figuring out WHY a person feels a certain way, and I usually blame myself without reason. I often get mistaken impressions about others' perception of me because although I am able to analyze situations that involve others very well, I find it VERY difficult to analyze myself or situations where I have a personal stake. In these cases, I'm highly negative, often without cause or evidence.

    4. I will have vivid dreams about people I do not consciously think about and sometimes that will have meaning later on. (Not premonitions or anything like that - that's not what I mean).

    5. I search for meaning and purpose in everything. Or rather, everything HAS a meaning and a purpose, and it reveals itself at some point, either at the time I notice it, or later on.

    6. I connect things, experiences, and subjects (at school) together. Nothing is separate. Everything is joined and relates to everything else. Except math. Math just sucks. <--- Sorry about that Fi judgment, but screw it.

    7. Future-oriented, planner, seeking ways to improve myself in intangible ways, although I like to see tangible evidence of my progress.

    8. Bursts of inspiration. They hit me and leave as quickly as they came. I do not coax them. They come more often if I am not coaxing and just float.

    My brain floats. You know? Well, not literally, but you know what I mean, which leads me to...

    9. Abstract thoughts and language.

    10. Ability to instinctively know how to adapt to my environment (that might be Se, not sure). I can blend in with my environment without focusing on it all that much. So it's very important that my environment is 'good' and 'supportive' or I go downhill RAPIDLY, spinning into a weaker, less developed me.

    11. Introspection. One woman commented as I was in rehab for my back, that unlike many Americans, I had the ability to introspect and did it on a regular basis. We were talking about how I did not feel comfortable in the States, and we were speculating why that might be the case. She was generalizing in a major-league way, but I thought it was interesting that even a nearly-total stranger observed that tendency in my person.

    12. Brainstorming. A haphazard nature. I need to be very careful in class, because I have a natural tendency to get 'lost in ideas.' That's why it's REALLY important for me to prepare and structure, which I manage well, as long as I keep myself in check.

    13. Love of deep topics. I hate chit-chatting unless it is about people's motivations or about things I am interested in. Otherwise, screw it. Only I don't get as deep as some of those Ni-Nazis and Ti-Nazis who are always begging for ultra-analytical shit. I like topics that have deep repercussions but not necessarily ultra-complicated formulations; rather, the IDEAS should be engaging.

    14. Potential-seeking. I never look at conditions as they are, but I see potential for growth. I have a knack for seeing it in others, or in knowing how to tease it out of people. I reach people in real life (on here I couldn't give a shit, so it doesn't come to light on here that much).

    15. Newness. I always look for better, more efficient ways of doing things. If things do not bring about long-term benefits, I'm likely to seek something new with more potential (see 14).

    Perfect example: I have a job at a technical school, and my contract is valid until January 31. If I am lucky, it will get extended until the end of the school year. If not, I'm sad out of luck. Even if it gets extended, I know I will not get any kind of secure position next year, and more than likely, not in the coming years due to bureaucratic issues I do not want to get into right now.

    An S would probably say, "Okay, you have a job now. You have the security, at least for a certain period of time, keep it. Things might change. It's familiar, you like it, do it."

    I say, "Yes, it is secure NOW. But what about the future? Can I count on this? Can I count on a guarantee made only verbally, not in writing? What will happen in the coming years? Do I have a long-term perspective? Are they interested in keeping ME, or in just having any old Joe Schmoe?"

    When it was clear to me that I did not have the ultimate support of the administration, that they were either unable or unwilling to plan, that they would not give me anything in writing, that they did not have an opportunity for a position next year, that they could only make guarantees (if at all) in six-month increments, I said FUCK THAT! Let's find something else. And I am willing to engage in a moderate amount of risk in the private sector as a freelancer because I know the POTENTIAL is better for me, and it is more REWARDING, even if it is RISKIER. There intuition meets a willingness to take risks (Se) if it makes sense (Te).

    Um, is that enough, or should I keep on truckin' away here?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  5. #445
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Um...it happens? Shit happens? LOL No, just kidding. Could you be a bit more specific?
    Do you ever sometimes feel like you have a "secret worldview" that others don't share?

    Everything is joined and relates to everything else.
    NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EE

    Everything is connected to everything else through contextual awareness, yes?
    Hello

  6. #446
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Do you ever sometimes feel like you have a "secret worldview" that others don't share?
    ^^^ I gave a lot of examples of what I *think* are intuition up there.

    Um....secret worldview? Well...I don't know if I would go that far, but I often don't *fit in* with other people, although it is much better here in Germany, perhaps due to cultural factors - not quite sure.

    I felt like a total ALIEN in the States.

    One woman I knew speculated it was because the States is a very SP-dominant culture. So an NF might feel holy-shit uncomfy there. Not that I have anything against SPs - I love them! Jeffy is one of my favorite people on here, but the SPs on here are way different.

    Anyway, it might not have anything to do with that at all. Maybe I'm just bizarre. That could be.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  7. #447
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Do you ever sometimes feel like you have a "secret worldview" that others don't share?



    NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EE

    Everything is connected to everything else through contextual awareness, yes?
    Context is everything.

    Yes.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  8. #448
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    In post 357 you describe yourself as an ENFP. I just want to contrast with your original post where you describe yourself as an ENTJ. I have no idea what type you really are, I'm just telling you which type you are describing yourself as in a particular post.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  9. #449
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Your long list above makes you sound more ENFP again.

    I think you've gotten all the useful advice you're going to get out of us here. The more you emphasize one side of your personality the more people will say that one sounds likely, and then you emphasize a different side a lot more so people change their minds.

    The unavoidable problem here is that none of us know you in real life so it's impossible for us to know when you're providing a balanced self-portrait and when you're not. At the end of the day, you're going to have to decide this for yourself. Our type reads are limited by the scope of information you give us.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  10. #450
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Simulated, that is an excellent point, and may I counter by saying that I am a multifaceted person who displays various aspects of my personality. Yes, you are right: I focus on different parts at different times because different aspects have relevance at different times. You cannot give a complete portrayal of something as complex as a human person in one post - in that way, you are completely right when you say that you cannot analyze someone you do not know effectively.

    On the other hand, I have considered the possibility that you can analyze me better because you indeed have no personal stake in the matter and can therefore be more objective than I can or my husband can, for example.

    With that in mind, the EXFJ result that my husband came up with might be incorrect because he sees me with a blind eye, perhaps.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Similar Threads

  1. How would you type me as a child?
    By Kiddo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. Blah, type me...
    By runvardh in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 06:05 PM
  3. Enneagram-type me!
    By Haphazard in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 10:41 PM
  4. Type Me (New and Improved With Marmite Flavour!)
    By Tigerlily in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 12:46 AM
  5. First post- please help type me!
    By Annuit Coeptis in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 03:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO