Thread: Type me!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You're probably an ENFJ. My first guess for you was INFJ before we got onto this whole STJ kick.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

I like the descriptions from the book Im quoting below...

Taken from "The 16 personality types - Descriptions for selfdiscovery" by Linda Berens and Dario Nardi

ENFP

Themes

For Discoverer Advocates, life is a process of inspiring and facilitating others to find and reach their full potential. They have a talent for seeing the core of someone, the unspoken essential goodness. They become the spokesperson for others, for what is needed most and for their higher purpose. They enjoy exploring perceptions and sharing deep emotional content, the "real stuff". This sharing is a magical moment when they truly connect. They constantly seek to have ideal relationships where they can have many ideal moments. To not have these empathetic moments is like being cut off from themselves.

Life is like a story. Stories provide ways to find meaning and to make a difference and provide the connecting thread that helps them know and understand others and through the situations.

Their thought process seem random; however, they are connective and relational. They are able to mediate differences and conflict by seeing the ways the differences connect. They often become the "voice" for the unspoken meanings they so easily pick up. They strive to keep communication channels open to make the best of a situation. They have a way of making things work without knowing why, which gives them the air of being magical as they respond courageously to their insights. The creative process is an important part of their lives.

In the interpersonal arena, they often instantly like people or not. Liking the people they are with is important. With their talent for seeing what's not being said, they often responds to others needs while putting their own needs and wants on hold. They like to spark something in others that others don't see themselves. They must be able to authentically live with themselves and seek to recognize happiness wherever it is.

They often feel a strong need to discover a definitive direction for themselves. They want the magical situtation to be permanent so are paradoxically on a continual quest for direction, resulting in a feeling of unrest.

Relationships

For Discoverer Advocates, relationships are about being on the same wavelength. People often get the sense they are understood perfectly by them. They are so perceptive in the moment that they read and mirror the other person's mood , the meaning of the other persons behavior, and when they're on, they're really right and everything feels in sync. The downside is they can make a lot of assumptions and projections that are sometimes really wrong. They can establish rapport instantly, can be charming and flirtatious in a way that uniquely connects with the other person. They frequently do whatever it takes to understand the deep meaning in what others do. Others may feel strangely connected with them, as if they have known them forever, and yet know nothing about them. They are uncanny at being the center of attention without being the topic of conversation. Getting at deep issues is important to them, and in the process, they are often catalysts for change. They want everyone to engage.

In their close relationships, they are romanticizing and idealistic. They want to share interests, ideas, and activities. Their ideal is a twin-like relationship. participating with each other, sharing the experience of it, where the relationship is real-time, live and in-person, with each other's beliefs the same. When that ideal connection is not there, they can become disillusioned and disappointed. They are often supportive of their partner's efforts to develop his or her potential and want to be supported and nurtured in return.
    Taken from "The 16 personality types - Descriptions for selfdiscovery" by Linda Berens and Dario Nardi

ENFJ

Themes

For Envisioner Mentors, life is a process of succeeding at relationships. There can never be enough truly empathic relationships to foster mutual growth. They enjoy the creative process in many forms and often bring a fresh view on projects they enthusiastically work on. Realizing dreams - their own and others - is what life is all about. To not have dreams to manifest and a chance to communicate and share values is to live a life with no meaning and purpose, a fate worse than death.

For them, all of life is about the interpersonal, and they constantly seek opportunities to grow together through relationships. There are times when they value logical explanations. Having realizations that foster development and help them understand why the world is the way it is helps them lead a purposeful life. Learning from relationships is important and occasionally painful.

Their thought processes tend to be integrative and global as they seek to find ways to help others know themselves and their life's mission. Heeding the call to a life work or mission is tremendously important to them, and they are readily available to others to help reveal to them their unique purpose. Sometimes they find themselves knowing what they do not want to know, yet to shut off their empathic knowing is to shut off a vital life force.

In the interpersonal realm, they often find that their ease in connecting with others becomes a hindrance to their own well-being as they get lost in the relationship and lose sight of their own indentity until they learn to set boundaries. They often use their intuitive intellect to reconcile the past and the future as they seek to understand the meaning and significance of life events.

With such a talent for seeing potential in others and focus on realizing that potential, they often find living in the present difficult. By the time an event happens, they have already lived it.

Relationships

For Envisioner Mentors, relationships are about connecting. Life is all about relating empathetically, and people need lots of attention and commitment. Nurturing relationships is what they live for. There must be a sense of connection, to feel known, understood, needed, reassured, and praised. They often find themselves acting informally as counselors, even if that is not their profession. And that fulfills their daily dose of connection. The downside is they can become overburdened with others problems. They invest a lot in all their relationships, work or personal, creating a standard others may not be able to return. If forgiveness, honesty, and consideration are not present, they work to bring them in. Without them, a relationship is not worthwhile. For anything to work with a person, the relationship has to work. When there is conflict, problems will have to be talked about and healed before going on. They tend to be open and sharing, and they expect others to self-disclose, especially in the interest of resolving issues. They have a way of getting others to feel at ease and open up.

In their close relationships, they put a lot of energy into nurturing the relationship. There is a constant search for the ideal relationship where there is both friendship and romance with someone they can share everything with, especially meaning and purpose. Sometimes they have a hard time seperating from their ideal and objectivity eludes them. The more abrupt style of others often leads to hurt feelings, which they nurse internally. Their style is to easily communicate affection and appreciation with just the right message. Too much time alone leaves them needy, yet they need time to reflect on their own meaning and purpose too.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    You're probably an ENFJ. My first guess for you was INFJ before we got onto this whole STJ kick.

Take a gander at LL's sig line.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Take a gander at LL's sig line.
    What's wrong with my signature??? It's TRUE!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

Okay, okay, okay, SolitaryWalker, I admit, you're probably right with your ENFP assessment. I give up already. ***white flag*** My job is making my shadow a b---- I think... Good thing, I'm leaving it soon, and can do something a bit more fun and using my talents!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I said it once, I'll say it again: there's no way LL is INFJ, as much as I would like that to be. Her ways are too strange and alien(abeit intriguing) to my species.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    What's wrong with my signature??? It's TRUE!
    Hey there LL,

It's not that there is anything "wrong" with your sig,
    it's the fact that what we put in our sigline is usually something we truly believe.
    (My own sig is no exception.)

Your sig strikes me as anything but XSTJ.
    As a matter of fact, I don't even think you are a T.
    I could be dead wrong, but I think your mouth is fooling people.
    I think it's reactionary rather than part of your true identity.

My vibe on you is very F, not T.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Hey there LL,

It's not that there is anything "wrong" with your sig,
    it's the fact that what we put in our sigline is usually something we truly believe.
    (My own sig is no exception.)

Your sig strikes me as anything but XSTJ.
    As a matter of fact, I don't even think you are a T.
    I could be dead wrong, but I think your mouth is fooling people.
    I think it's reactionary rather than part of your true identity.

My vibe on you is very F, not T.
    My final answer (I hope): ENFP with high Fe/Ni showing an XSTJ shadow right now.

Only other possibility: ENFJ with high Ne/Fi showing an ESTJ whatever...

Hello

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    I'm sorry....don't hate me. Have pity on my crazy ass. And preferably the rest of me, too.