User Tag List

First 24323334353644 Last

Thread: Type me!

Hello

Sniffles

Heart&Brain gave a very good analysis. From my experiences with LL, I can tell that she uses Te quite alot - as Amargith stated pretty much like a sledgehammer.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    That explains why Solitary was so frustrated with me. He kept asking me to use Fi and find out what felt right and to stop utilizing behavior as an analytical factor. BUT THAT IS HOW I ANALYZE! I use the past behavior to organize it and 'find patterns'.....
    Okay, I think this is where I throw in the towel. I was saying that it is important to find what your true unconscious tendencies. I said nothing like using Fi or figuring out what 'felt' right. If anything, I was doing the opposite: I was advocating my own, purely conceptual, if not philosophical analysis of typology. My method is different from that of any folk typologist on the account that it insists on logical consistency, which is just about the opposite of doing what feels right. My method is also different from that of a Psychologist who may study MBTI, because the psychologist would conduct empirical studies to understand how people of a certain type behave. I, on the other hand, rely chiefly on apriori reasoning to determine the nature of the underlying framework of all human nature. This framework has nothing to do with behaviors, it merely defines the tendencies of thought that all human beings have. Accordingly, some tendencies must be prevalent over others and your type is defined by the answer to this question: what tendencies of yours are the most dominant?

Anyhow, good work people, especially Heart and Brain. I have a puzzle for you. Lets use the method of folk typology to prove that I am at least one of the following types: ISTP, ESTJ, ESFP and INFP. I will have some information about my life for you in a week.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

You're some Delta type (excluding SLI), more than likely EII (INFj). Probably an Enneagram One, too.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Told you you reminded me of m EXTJ mother, down to the absolute letter.
    Glad you've figured it out LL!I'm happy for you.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

So you are going with ESTJ now?

MBTI
    INXP

Looks like it, and I'd agree too. LL reminds me of two IRL friends who are ESTJ (one of whom is a teacher, and very similar)

MBTI
    ENFP

[SIZE="7"]
    Heart & Brain, I think you are my personal savior. Just saying....
    Aww, thanks, I'm so happy you found it helpful!

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Cool. I'll set the over/under on your next "What's my type?" topic at 2 months.
    Pssht. Be a good boy, now!

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post

Nah, but seriously, thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Heart&Brain gave a very good analysis. From my experiences with LL, I can tell that she uses Te quite alot - as Amargith stated pretty much like a sledgehammer.

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Okay, I think this is where I throw in the towel. I was saying that it is important to find what your true unconscious tendencies. I said nothing like using Fi or figuring out what 'felt' right. If anything, I was doing the opposite: I was advocating my own, purely conceptual, if not philosophical analysis of typology. My method is different from that of any folk typologist on the account that it insists on logical consistency, which is just about the opposite of doing what feels right. My method is also different from that of a Psychologist who may study MBTI, because the psychologist would conduct empirical studies to understand how people of a certain type behave. I, on the other hand, rely chiefly on apriori reasoning to determine the nature of the underlying framework of all human nature. This framework has nothing to do with behaviors, it merely defines the tendencies of thought that all human beings have. Accordingly, some tendencies must be prevalent over others and your type is defined by the answer to this question: what tendencies of yours are the most dominant?

Anyhow, good work people, especially Heart and Brain. I have a puzzle for you. Lets use the method of folk typology to prove that I am at least one of the following types: ISTP, ESTJ, ESFP and INFP. I will have some information about my life for you in a week.
    *sigh* Don't be grumpy. My conclusion was not intended to be frustrating for you. Maybe I misinterpreted something. I'm just NOT able to look at type without noticing congruencies or incongruent aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    You're some Delta type (excluding SLI), more than likely EII (INFj). Probably an Enneagram One, too.
    Hmm? No. I don't think so. Ask any INFJ. They will tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Told you you reminded me of m EXTJ mother, down to the absolute letter.
    Glad you've figured it out LL!I'm happy for you.
    Interesting, eh? I could understand a great deal of what you were saying about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    So you are going with ESTJ now?
    Yes. And it's my final answer. Because it fits and makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Looks like it, and I'd agree too. LL reminds me of two IRL friends who are ESTJ (one of whom is a teacher, and very similar)
    That's also interesting to note.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart&Brain View Post
    Aww, thanks, I'm so happy you found it helpful!
    It did. Very much. It made sense in a way nothing else really did before.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Sniffles

Hmm? No. I don't think so. Ask any INFJ. They will tell you.
    As awesome as it would be if LL were actually INFJ, I'd have to reluctantly say no. She's got that sledgehammer Te vibe to her that's completely alien to my tribe.