veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    It's not necessarily offensive, just ridiculous, because a mature ENFP would be more accepting of others, not less. Her on-going, huffy judgements of others actually strike me as a bit childish.
    Oh please. NFs make judgements of people all the time.

And NFs are Cooperators too, not just SJs. Linguist has clearly demonstrated more abstract than concrete communication.

Abstract Cooperator = NF Idealist.

For the record, Linguist, I haven't found anything you've said "huffy" or childish. You are opening yourself up and sharing from the heart, and it's refreshing. There's something a bit ironic about a person accusing you of being non-accepting while insulting you in the same sentence.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Linguist has clearly demonstrated more abstract than concrete communication.
    I don't see that in the OP and in what else I have read. The way she gives actual examples seems very concrete.

I'm also not seeing basic NF temperament qualities expressed from her like idealism and empathy.

I get a judging dominant vibe, an extrovert vibe and a Si vibe. I'd guess ESTJ from what I've read.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I don't see that in the OP and in what else I have read. The way she gives actual examples seems very concrete.

I'm also not seeing basic NF temperament qualities expressed from her like idealism and empathy.

I get a judging dominant vibe, an extrovert vibe and a Si vibe. I'd guess ESTJ from what I've read.
    Very concrete language indeed. She likes specific and exact, so as to leave no room for misunderstandings.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

First, thank you to everyone participating and taking this thread seriously. I think we are well on the way to finding an answer (I hope).

Second, regarding the 'innateness' of language. Although I would tend to agree that language is innate for children, I would say the older you get, the less of an innateness language has, which is strange. Math is the other way around. At first it is less clear, and the farther along you get, the more understandable it is.

As a teacher of language and academic writing, I would say that higher levels of language are definitely not innate. Take the phenomenon of bilingualism, for example, of which I see several examples. People are raised with Russian/German, English/German, Polish/German, among others. One language is always stronger than another. Now you can argue that the language of the 'home country' will be stronger because they live there and 'innately' pick up that language; whereas the other language is learned more 'unnaturally', but that is not always the case, ironically.

Then you have language speakers that learn the language as a second language. Grammar is the most difficult concept; ironically I found it relatively easy. I have learned to appreciate things like diagramming (you remember that folks?). That comprises dissecting sentences to find out whether or not the grammatical structure is appropriate. When I am not certain, I can still dissect sentences that way. I think it's important to note that while other kids had learned this from the 4th grade, I entered in the 7th grade - totally lost, as I had never learned this concept before - and mastered it in a single year. Of course, I'm not saying that necessarily proves I'm a T, but it proves that I have a penchant for logical thinking to do with words.

Let's now turn our eye to math: I was never 'bad' at math, except for fourth grade long division and multiplication, for some odd reason. Anyway, when I said I was BAD at math, I meant getting Bs. Without trying to sound overly arrogant, for me, that was 'bad', as compared with language, where I could sit there with little to no effort and just imbibe it and spit back As. Where would YOU put the effort if you had to choose between a) pouring over your homework every night and learning for 1-2 hours a day or b) doing your homework five minutes before class and still pull off an A. That's right folks. I think it's also interesting to note that I pretty much always understood the concept; however, I floundered on details. A minus sign missing here, a step skipped there. Little things. Not the big things. With the exception of Geometry. I hate spatial 'skills'. There I really struggle and I'm a genuine idiot.

Turning back to type, I was not attempting to be 'huffy' or 'offensive'; in fact, I am quite aware that my thoughts can be acerbic and quite off-putting at times, which is why I have learned to quell them and package them in the 'right' way, i.e. in a way that is not offensive to others. That took many, many years of hard work and practice of coming out of my shell but still not shocking the hell out of people. I still struggle with it. This time, I allowed myself the freedom to state my thoughts blankly because I wanted you to see how I tick without all the constraints of donned-on Fe (as I interpret it).

As far as being an S type, I wouldn't completely discount it. However, I think it is relatively unlikely, as S-characterized traits tend to be one of my weakest ones (along with Fe and Te).

Assuming ^^^ that is correct, we can assume that any S-dominant type is unlikely (not going to speak in absolutes here until we prove the assumption). Fe-dominant and auxiliary is also unlikely, as I struggle a great deal with the concept. I would say feeling dominant types are also probably a no-go with regard to my struggle for F. Ti-dominant is also definitely out. Let's see...what does that leave?

ENTP, ENFP, INTJ, ESTJ, ENTJ....am I missing any others?

Thoughts? I have to go to work now.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFJ

I think it's entirely safe to scratch ENFP and ENTP. Just my opinion of course, but XXTJ feels most like the you that you describe, to me.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post

As far as being an S type, I wouldn't completely discount it. However, I think it is relatively unlikely, as S-characterized traits tend to be one of my weakest ones (along with Fe and Te).
    Really? You seem to express a need to control your environment which I'd call Te. That's the biggest thing that comes out in these posts to me.
    You also seemed to explain Te and Si with greater ease and clarity than the feeling and intuitive functions.

I also get a sense of an INFP shadow in examples where you're upset and stressed....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ

LL, how consistent are your sleep/wake cycles and your eating patterns when left to your own devices?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Oh please. NFs make judgements of people all the time.

And NFs are Cooperators too, not just SJs. Linguist has clearly demonstrated more abstract than concrete communication.

Abstract Cooperator = NF Idealist.

For the record, Linguist, I haven't found anything you've said "huffy" or childish. You are opening yourself up and sharing from the heart, and it's refreshing. There's something a bit ironic about a person accusing you of being non-accepting while insulting you in the same sentence.
    Oh she can insult us but we can't return the favor.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    LL, how consistent are your sleep/wake cycles and your eating patterns when left to your own devices?
    Good question. Let me see. When I have to work, I have to wake up early, which I (somehow???) manage and I have to go to bed early, which I almost never manage. When I have free time, on the other hand, I love sleeping in late and waking up late. However, no matter which schedule I am on, I am relatively consistent. It is just irritating that I cannot follow my normal rhythm.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Oh she can insult us but we can't return the favor.
    Marmalade,

I think I expressed the fact that I deviated from my normal diplomatic manner to express my true thoughts to provide for an accurate reading. In addition, I expressed regret at having unintentionally caused any hurt feelings. For me, the topic is over, and I'm sorry it is not for you. And if it makes you feel better by 'insulting' me, go ahead and do it.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Really? You seem to express a need to control your environment which I'd call Te. That's the biggest thing that comes out in these posts to me.
    You also seemed to explain Te and Si with greater ease and clarity than the feeling and intuitive functions.

I also get a sense of an INFP shadow in examples where you're upset and stressed....
    As I recall, I thought I described Ni more accurately than Si, though I might have been mistaken, as my memory is not the best.

However, even if I did not describe it correctly, you would still have a point by saying that alone would not discount the possibility that I am Si-dom/aux. So I concede that much.

What gives you the feeling I am a competent Si-user?