Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Okay, okay, I admit, that was the best one so far...but a lot of things still don't fit. My need for closure and security. My need for organization. My Te is a great deal stronger than ^^^ that. And all this feeling...ugh. People. ugh. Geez.

Can't there be a RATIONAL ENFP type? Yeah. That's me. A rational ENFP. Is there such a thing?

Not such a flighty, weird, nutty, drug-using, alcohol-consuming, lari-fari, we-all-have-something-to-offer, let's-have-a-crazy-sexual-avatar, OMG-like-my-values, let's-all-hug-each-other, we-are-all-the-same, having-a-billion-friends-and-acquaintances, crazy, bizarre, feeling, weird, annoying, wacked-out ENFP. (I probably just alienated myself from 99% of ENFPs out there, and get a bunch of hate mail saying I'm stereotyping against ENFPs, but whatever...they strike me as a bunch of hippies just coasting through life. REALLY.) <--- Fe-fail, sorry folks. Well, no I'm not. It's true; it is my impression of a LOT of them. Just have to do a head-smack when I think I'm one of these guys.

Just a normal, structured, focused, career-oriented, ambitious, quiet, non-party going, just-having-a-few-friends-once-in-a-while, fair, strict, non-rebellious, non-drinking-smoking-drug-using, loyal, reliable, punctual, dependable, dealing-by-the-rules-unless-the-rules-don't-make-sense, analytical, thinking, DECENT ENFP??? That's my type, whatever that is.
    Your obsession with "normality" and strongly judgemental criticisms of other people - throughout your childhood descriptions and now - make me think SJ more and more for you. You may very well be an ESTJ or ISTJ.

To call you a "mature" ENFP is a joke.

Do you think things work on a fundamentally logical basis?

also:

Quote Originally Posted by Tertiary Ne (ESxJ)
    "Ok, then, I'll bluff. We'll see how he responds to that. I don't know where this is leading, but at least it's leading somewhere new. This takes courage. Most people wouldn't have the courage to reach for the unknown at a time like this, but I can, because I can trust my principles to work in any new situation." The Secondary Function (Si) would say: "What are the facts here, really? Set the decision-making criteria aside and look at the facts freely, without without regard to any particular purpose or how the facts appear to others."
    Hello

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Your obsession with "normality" and strongly judgemental criticisms of other people - throughout your childhood descriptions and now - make me think SJ more and more for you. You may very well be an ESTJ or ISTJ.
    I agree, mostly. Though I view her criticism as a bit of defense, she could simply hate what she is... so actually even NF isn't excluded.

i also think she should first see which enneagram type she is and how much of her behaviour can be explained by enneagram. She's either 1 or 3...

To call you a "mature" ENFP is a joke
    and offensive (not that i'm offended for real haha) way to look at enfps, like being playful, fun-loving and all is.... you know, immaturity.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    I agree, mostly. Though I view her criticism as a bit of defense, she could simply hate what she is... so actually even NF isn't excluded....and offensive (not that i'm offended for real haha) way to look at enfps, like being playful, fun-loving and all is.... you know, immaturity.
    It's not necessarily offensive, just ridiculous, because a mature ENFP would be more accepting of others, not less. Her on-going, huffy judgements of others actually strike me as a bit childish.

So I should see my way out of this thread before I say something offensive.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

To call you a "mature" ENFP is a joke.
    That could very well be. I just wonder how weak Si fits into the equation (not saying you are wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Do you think things work on a fundamentally logical basis?

also:
    Hmmmm...They should, but they often do not.

Hmm...I'd say the other temptations were closer, but there may be times in which that temptation could come out as well. The others were closer to the mark, though, I think. I'm more willing to try something new: I don't have such a huge issue with it, if it is necessary, unless it is the 'wrong' thing to do.

I agree, mostly. Though I view her criticism as a bit of defense, she could simply hate what she is... so actually even NF isn't excluded.

i also think she should first see which enneagram type she is and how much of her behaviour can be explained by enneagram. She's either 1 or 3...

and offensive (not that i'm offended for real haha) way to look at enfps, like being playful, fun-loving and all is.... you know, immaturity.
    Um, okay? That's not what I meant, but whatever...I don't hate what I am, either, for the record...
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Hmmmm...They should, but they often do not.

How do you react when things don't go according to plan?
    Hello

Um, okay? That's not what I meant, but whatever...I don't hate what I am, either, for the record...
    I wasn't talking about you, i think someone else called you mature enfp in this thread. but i was talking in general.

and if you dont hate yourself, but you're pretty much annoyed by enfps, it would mean you simply cant be enfp. Right?

It's not necessarily offensive, just ridiculous, because a mature ENFP would be more accepting of others, not less. Her on-going, huffy judgements of others actually strike me as a bit childish.
    haha. i agree with this... and that's what i meant also

MBTI
    xNFP

Well, a little peeved, but then I handle it because what else are you going to do? If you're prepared enough you can handle adverse effects.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

I wasn't talking about you, i think someone else called you mature enfp in this thread. but i was talking in general.

and if you dont hate yourself, but you're pretty much annoyed by enfps, it would mean you simply cant be enfp. Right?

haha. i agree with this... and that's what i meant also
    I'm normally more diplomatic, but yes, I find it hard to relate to a lot of the behavior of ENFPs, especially of late. And if I say it diplomatically, then you just see how I portray myself to the outside world and not how I really think. No offense was intended, and if I appeared childish, so be it.

I'm settling on ENTJ, you don't seem to have the otherworldly detachment of INTJs.
    Hello