User Tag List

First 13212223242533 Last

Thread: Type me!

Well, it's either Se or Si that you're actively avoiding as far as I can tell. Which is it?
    Hello

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Well, it's either Se or Si that you're actively avoiding as far as I can tell. Which is it?
    I am not good at either, and it takes large amounts of energy for me to do either one. I can do them: I just prefer not to. If I have to choose between the two, I'll go for Se though.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Listen, you may all be right about the ENFP thing, I don't know. I just want to know how someone who has tested IXTJ for years can shift to ENXP so dramatically.
    ISTJ shadow is ENFP? (No, im not calling you istj :P )

I really don't know what type you are. I do want to encourage you to pursue this until you are done with it. People do seem interested, don't get frustrated with the "well, duh, just pick something already!"

OK, so let's assume Inferior Se for now. How stubborn and locked into an idea do you tend to get (or have had a tendancy to do in the past)?
    Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I really don't know what type you are. I do want to encourage you to pursue this until you are done with it. People do seem interested, don't get frustrated with the "well, duh, just pick something already!"
    Yep, agree. Keep floating ideas and exploring it. You get to read and understand lots as a side effect anyway.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    ISTJ shadow is ENFP? (No, im not calling you istj :P )

I have seriously considered being ISTJ and walking around in an ENFP shadow, which would explain the 'childish' inferiority of the Ne and Fi. Except there's one small problem....Imagine being Si dominant when your Si is very weak....

Personally, I have no issues being ISTJ, but it has to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    OK, so let's assume Inferior Se for now. How stubborn and locked into an idea do you tend to get (or have had a tendancy to do in the past)?
    OH I AM VERY STUBBORN. My husband complains about this all the time. He calls me DICKKOPF!!!!! (literally: thick head, but not in the sense of stupid, but in the sense of stubborn).

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Yep, agree. Keep floating ideas and exploring it. You get to read and understand lots as a side effect anyway.
    Exactly. And I do want to get answers. I'm a tough case I know...some people get frustrated with me because I am stubborn and want to know and keep pushing until I get a satisfactory answer, but it really is not because I want to be difficult.

I would post my latest results on MBTI and cognitive functions, but the problem is that I know what they are looking for, and it is hard for me to answer.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Take the example of not speaking in class: If I speak in class, I distract myself and my classmates. I cannot listen or focus. Besides, most of what they have to say is crap that no one cares about anyway. If on a scale of 1 to 10 the things your classmates have to say is a 1-3 and the teacher says a 5-7, and you're getting graded for the more interesting stuff, doesn't it make sense to pay attention to the teacher.
    Putting it that way, yes. I always found my peers far more interesting than my teachers though.

We had the same conclusion, but not the same primary motivation. I thought that if I had siblings, I finally would not be alone and would have someone to relate to. At that young age, I did not take into account that my siblings would actually be completely different, hate my guts, or beat me up.
    Ah yes, my #2 motivation. Now that I see most of my adult friends and their siblings, I'm pretty satisfied with being an only.

I wish I could say you're right, but I hate parties, especially hosting them. Totally not my thing. I wish it were different because I'm sure I'd have lots more (fake?) friends - ah never mind, scratch that, I'm happy the way I am.
    LOL@the bolded. I hate hosting too!
    As for "fake friends"...ENFPs are typically optimistic/idealistic about people and their motives. Can you relate to that?

EXACTLY! If I make my expectations clear and even give students a certain amount of leeway for creativity and expression within those boundaries AND I give students every chance to talk to me before, during and after class, during which time I show fair compassion, then I expect my expectations to be carried out. And when people THEN do not listen or abide by my rules, then I take out the whip and say, "No more Ms.-Nice-Teacher." (Not literally, but you know what I mean. Some people really need that).
    You give fair warning, and you mean business. The use of language in the above paragraph feels very TJ to me.

It bothers me. I like to get away from it. In fact, I would rather do an interesting activity, like go out to eat and have great discussions in a nice, quiet atmosphere. Or I would like to have a nice glass of wine in the middle of nature. Or I would like to go to a museum or something, and discuss things. Or I would prefer going over someone's house and watching movies and chit-chat. But otherwise, blahhhh. No parties.
    Sounds like good fun to me!

Do you feel the need to connect with people on a deep level? Is your natural inclination to want to understand people, and why they do the things they do?

Thank you. You were very helpful in narrowing down the possibilities, just like Liquid Laser gave a very specific approach, which I appreciate.
    Hm, you seem to like things to be stated clearly and plainly. Would you agree?
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    xNFP

Putting it that way, yes. I always found my peers far more interesting than my teachers though.
    They might have been more amusing, but not more interesting.

Ah yes, my #2 motivation. Now that I see most of my adult friends and their siblings, I'm pretty satisfied with being an only.
    Now, I'm cool with it as well.

LOL@the bolded. I hate hosting too!
    As for "fake friends"...ENFPs are typically optimistic/idealistic about people and their motives. Can you relate to that?
    It depends. I'm either really optimistic in close relationships/friendships or really pessimistic. I'm quite pessimistic when it comes to situations and think the worst of people when they screw up.

You give fair warning, and you mean business. The use of language in the above paragraph feels very TJ to me.
    Fair = nothing to bitch about. If you are fair, no worries. If you are not fair, then people can complain. If they can present their case correctly, it's all good.

Do you feel the need to connect with people on a deep level? Is your natural inclination to want to understand people, and why they do the things they do?
    I like to connect with people in a way that is not merely superficial, if that makes sense. I don't want to talk about the weather and cars all day. I want to talk about things that matter, things that last. Sure, I want to understand people because it means I can make better choices and decisions. Some people you cannot understand, however, and you just have to deal with that and either put up with it or break off contact.

Hm, you seem to like things to be stated clearly and plainly. Would you agree?
    Yes. That's true. Otherwise, there is too much room for misinterpretation.

MBTI
    xNFP

Okay, every time I take this silly test I get different answers, but what the hell. Earlier my results were 38 for Ne and Ni, 37 for Te, 28 for Fi, 26.X for Se, 25.X for Si, 24.X for Ti, and 23.X for Fe (sorry but I cannot remember the exact numbers).

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20.4) limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.7) average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************************** (40.8) excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.8) excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37.9) excellent use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************ (24.6) average use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************** (20.6) limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.6) good use

It's as if I am some kind of strange hybrid between an INTJ and an ENFP. Weird.

what do you think of this?

"He walked out in the gray light and stood and he saw for a brief moment the absolute truth of the world. The cold relentless circling of the intestate earth. Darkness implacable. The blind dogs of the sun in their running. The crushing black vacuum of the universe. And somewhere two hunted animals trembling like ground-foxes in their cover. Borrowed time and borrowed world and borrowed eyes with which to sorrow it."

*cautiously awaits response, if any*

I'm straining to grasp at straws, here

[edit] Are you very emotional around others? Are you stoic / guarded? Downright gregarious?
    Hello