Thread: Type me!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Beine View Post
    Problems:
    --Cannot leave my work at home
    --Always take the blame upon myself
    --Change my opinion relatively easily and always re-evaluate priorities
    --Have a relatively "extreme" "fanatic" or "outlandish" solutions (e.g. not practical)
    --Think too much about others and not enough about myself
    --Cannot follow through to conclusion on something that does not fully engage me
    --HUGE problem with criticism, especially if it is not enveloped in the proper way, which means diplomatic (my understanding of the term)
    --Shut out any ideas which do not make sense or fit in with my idea of things
    --TOTALLY stubborn (oops)
    --75% of people love me, the rest cannot stand my guts (25%)
    --10,000% positive or 10,000% negative (his biggest criticism)
    --Generally not practical
    --Totally TERRIBLE spatial/math skills
    --Completely inept at sports (I was born with a
    Sounds somewhat similar to me, only I somehow got an athletic gene & I'm good at math. Do other people stimulate you or exhaust you?

I'm saying ENFJ if you feel you're extraverted. I'd think an ESFJ would have more follow through on projects & stick to their opinion more often.

MBTI
    INFJ

Hmmm... I could see both.

How important is closure to you? When you make a decision, do you feel better when the decision is made or do you feel better exploring all options & keeping the decision somewhat open ended?

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ESFJ
    I agree- ESFJ is a possibility.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Default Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!

Oh, man...now I am really confused!!!!!

But the ENFP/ENFJ really fit me super well. I mean, okay, I read an example of the ESFJ, and I can see why you guys might think that fits, but I do not think so for the following reasons:

1) I am NOT practical. Or I will come up with weird, bizarre ideas.

2) In addition, I have a huge imagination.

3) I love abstract concepts - like spirituality, philosophy, and things like that.

4) I hate partying - not to mention hosting. Blah. I have to actively remind myself to remember someone's birthday or I totally forget. It does not come naturally.

5) My "helping" is not practical - it is more about people sharing their feelings. My husband is more the practical helper.

6) I kinda forget to clean my apartment sometimes. My head is full of other stuff. Oops.

7) Granted, I like structure and order, but I do not blindly follow authority. On the contrary - I am very skeptical about authority and always ask "why" (my favorite question as a kid).

8) When I do things to respect authority, it is not because I love rules and structure, but because I want the other person to feel okay and "like" me. If it is totally unreasonable, I will defend my beliefs.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by quietgirl View Post
    Sounds somewhat similar to me, only I somehow got an athletic gene & I'm good at math. Do other people stimulate you or exhaust you?

I'm saying ENFJ if you feel you're extraverted. I'd think an ESFJ would have more follow through on projects & stick to their opinion more often.
    Hmm, considering I got a critical email from my prof in university saying if I did not start being consistent with my projects that I would have serious problems in life, I'd say more ENFJ.

MBTI
    xNFP

Default DOH!

Oh, man...now I am really confused!!!!!

But the ENFP/ENFJ really fit me super well. I mean, okay, I read an example of the ESFJ, and I can see why you guys might think that fits, but I do not think so for the following reasons:

1) I am NOT practical. Or I will come up with weird, bizarre ideas.

2) In addition, I have a huge imagination.

3) I love abstract concepts - like spirituality, philosophy, and things like that.

4) I hate partying - not to mention hosting. Blah. I have to actively remind myself to remember someone's birthday or I totally forget. It does not come naturally.

5) My "helping" is not practical - it is more about people sharing their feelings. My husband is more the practical helper.

6) I kinda forget to clean my apartment sometimes. My head is full of other stuff. Oops.

7) Granted, I like structure and order, but I do not blindly follow authority. On the contrary - I am very skeptical about authority and always ask "why" (my favorite question as a kid).

8) When I do things to respect authority, it is not because I love rules and structure, but because I want the other person to feel okay and "like" me. If it is totally unreasonable, I will defend my beliefs.

MBTI
    xNFP

Hmmm... I could see both.

How important is closure to you? When you make a decision, do you feel better when the decision is made or do you feel better exploring all options & keeping the decision somewhat open ended?
    Somehow I have problems making decisions, so I feel a definite need to make any decision just to decide.

MBTI
    INTj

Here's a suggestion: How about just taking an online test and telling us what your type is?

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Here's a suggestion: How about just taking an online test and telling us what your type is?
    I did. If it were clear cut, I would not have to ask, now, would I!? :-P

extraverted Sensing (Se) (22.1)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) (17.3)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) (43.6)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) (30.5)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) (20.2)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) (23.2)
    limited use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) (39.6)
    excellent use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) (43.5)
    excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFP

MBTI
    xNFP

Stimulate. I was almost giddy after a private lesson that lasted 9 hours because the person loved learning, was extremely motivated, and picked up on things well. So it gave me a natural high.