User Tag List

First 513141516172565 Last

Thread: Type me!

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    She is not one of us.

She is showing all--ALLLLLL!--the signs of incomplete Ne interest in MBTI, the most important being, no decision can be made because not enough information has been gathered. And not enough information ever will be gathered because the interest is incomplete, not strong enough to synthesise sufficient understanding of the theory to allow for belief in a conclusion.

What's the purpose of this thread, after all? Ostensibly for LL to describe stuff and let other people type her. And LL, you then do what with the typings? Accept them and move on? Shoot me in the head if you don't jump up and consider them as interesting possibilities, none of which really encompass the totality of the investigated thing...

ENFP.

And even so I'm starting to be reluctant to say ENFP because seriously, this much investigation and no clear picture emerging? I mean, really no clear picture, not even the ability to identify your own dominant function? If all of this were serious, then you'd be making your team look dumb. Surely you're keeping up this charade for the fun of it.
    Kalach, thank you for sharing your opinion.

You can think I am stupid - go ahead - I'm not going to change your opinion anyway, and quite frankly, I am not going to try.

However, I thought I made perfectly clear that I am trying to understand why I tested IXTJ for so many years and then made a dramatic shift. I'm trying to understand if this is because I never WAS IXTJ, if this is because I am NOT really ENFP, like I'm in shadow because I'm still acclimating to a foreign country or what....

So please stop being acerbic and assuming I have some ulterior motive.

Okay, whatever...I'm a weird ENFP. I get it.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

little inguist, are you sure of any letter?

You seem to be pretty unstable kid, kids can act completely different than their nature, same as adults, even more, i dont see how can anyone really conclude anything for sure from your infos in the op etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach
    And even so I'm starting to be reluctant to say ENFP because seriously, this much investigation and no clear picture emerging? I mean, really no clear picture, not even the ability to identify your own dominant function? If all of this were serious, then you'd be making your team look dumb. Surely you're keeping up this charade for the fun of it.
    i think this is actually because of lack of ability to see a bigger picture, LL is concentrating on details actually.

i didnt pay much attention to your posts in this thread, in terms "ah, yeah, this is Te", "ah, yeah, evidence of Si".. but why not ESFx? ESFJ even?? for you

also you sure of your enneagram?

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post

You seem to be pretty unstable kid, kids can act completely different than their nature, same as adults, even more, i dont see how can anyone really conclude anything for sure from your infos in the op etc.

i think this is actually because of lack of ability to see a bigger picture, LL is concentrating on details actually.
    I guess it does not suit me to focus on details.

Yes, certain of N...relatively. ISXJ seemed the only candidate if I was S. Although...hell I don't know.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

i didnt pay much attention to your posts in this thread, in terms "ah, yeah, this is Te", "ah, yeah, evidence of Si".. but why not ESFx? ESFJ even?? for you

also you sure of your enneagram?
    Okay, why not? Why do you think so?

My one problem with it: Fe-dom S. Not so sure of that.

I'm not totally sure of the enneagram....but I know 1 and 3 were strong.

MBTI
    xNFP

It's all good. Maybe MBTI just does not fit. *shrugs* I have to go to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    It's all good. Maybe MBTI just does not fit. *shrugs* I have to go to work.
    haha yeah i say that also often. i think mbti works but not gives us all the answers like we would like to .

about your type, well i dont know, just a lucky guess haha, i've seen your videos when you posted them.. and you remind me of one girl i am sure she's esxj, and by posts. but it could be lots of things...

enneagram 1 - perfectionist, detail oriented, structured, it REALLY doesnt go with ENFP, right? that would mean you have polar opposites within you,... do you feel that way ?
    enneagram 3 - image conscious, shallow (?), extravert, goal oriented.. also bit opposite of ENFP...

I'm enneagram 3, that's for sure. Some people told me I'm not, but they dont see that in me so much, I dont know how other 3s are, but since i'm NF for sure, of course I'm not so much achievement oriented as would be enneagram 3, who is also ex. ESTJ.

if you write a plan about doing something, like daily schedule, or week.. do you loose it or do the stuff on list?

MBTI
    xNFP

haha yeah i say that also often. i think mbti works but not gives us all the answers like we would like to .

about your type, well i dont know, just a lucky guess haha, i've seen your videos when you posted them.. and you remind me of one girl i am sure she's esxj, and by posts. but it could be lots of things...

enneagram 1 - perfectionist, detail oriented, structured, it REALLY doesnt go with ENFP, right? that would mean you have polar opposites within you,... do you feel that way ?
    enneagram 3 - image conscious, shallow (?), extravert, goal oriented.. also bit opposite of ENFP...

I'm enneagram 3, that's for sure. Some people told me I'm not, but they dont see that in me so much, I dont know how other 3s are, but since i'm NF for sure, of course I'm not so much achievement oriented as would be enneagram 3, who is also ex. ESTJ.

if you write a plan about doing something, like daily schedule, or week.. do you loose it or do the stuff on list?
    I know some people think I am attention whoring or being a pain by addressing this, but that is not my intent. The reason why I have put so much trouble into this is because it does not MAKE SENSE you know. How can someone have polar opposites inside them without being mentally ill? And although I am a bit bizarre sometimes, I am out there functioning and operating according to instructions (most of the time) so I don't think we need to call the funny farm guys QUITE yet.

You know what I am going to do? I HAVE A PLAN OF ACTION:

1. I'm going to get a synopsis of all the types (even the Ss, although I thought for a long time that I wasn't one).
    2. I'm going to sit down and analyze every one as objectively as a human can look at herself, and I am going to be honest with myself and see which one(s) fit best. Pros v. Cons.
    3. I'm going to make a list here of all the types, pros and cons, and look for some feedback because I might be dismissing a type incorrectly because I think 1-3 minor things are incorrect.
    4. Hopefully we shall achieve a reasonable conclusion, and if not: I GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MBTI then JUST does NOT work for me, and I will call myself CRZY for "crazy dumb ass who has MPD or something."

Yes, I am quite dismayed by not having a normal type like everyone else. This really bothers me and makes me think I might have my mother's disease. That's why it is so important for me to know that I am okay and have a way to analyze myself properly.

MBTI
    xNFP

Default Dominant Introverted Intuition Analysis

Reactions in red.

Without introverted intuitives, it is said that Israel would have had no prophets. Eh, okay.Under deceptively conventional appearances lie perceptive minds that travel the breadth and depth of universal mysteries, contemplating its multilayered complexity, seeking the trends that will define the future. Whoa. Uh. No. With time, clarity of vision comes. Can relate.When it comes, they are propelled towards the vision and all their actions lead to it. Can relate.They are perseverant behind a quiet exterior and will often come back with their vision long after everyone believes they have let it go.Can relate.

What they see is so clear and obvious to them they are often surprised to find that others cannot see it as well. True, when I am sure. They may find it difficult to articulate the necessary steps towards implementation or to explain how each goal fits into the larger picture. Not accurate.

Their mind usually travels from the past to the future, seeking to fit a particular situation in a large context. Yep. It picks up patterns, symbols and images from different seemingly unrelated fields, identifies similarities and provides meaning. Yep. This can help solve problems by juxtaposing ideas, yes finding analogies yes or simply by rooting out the quintessential reality, um, maybe?discovering the origin in universal stories and human experiences, culling wisdom from the infinitely small to the infinitely large. Could be. Don't know about infinite.Their mind naturally travels from the microcosm to the macrocosm. YES!

They regularly have to face the difficulties of bringing dreams into reality. No. I'm good at that.The time and effort it takes is always more than what their intuition initially suggested. That only happens if I push myself too far.They are determined, perseverant, inspired and often see things just around the corner, into the near or far future. YES!

MBTI
    xNFP

Default Dominant Introverted Sensing Analysis

Dependable, reliable and trustworthy, YES! they like to belong to solid organisations that are reasonable in their ambitions and loyal to their employees.Eh, usually! If it makes sense. They feel useful when their roles and responsibilities are clearly established and they can monitor their activities and productivity in tangible ways. Among other ways, yes.They tend to be rather modest, traditional and conventional, to like sensible clothing, to be thrifty, careful and wise with both money and possessions. Most of the time, yes.

Once they accept a project, they will see it to the end. If it is successful and makes sense, yes.They manage their time well and are realistic about how much time and resources will be needed. Ummm Eh, well, um, ha, uh, yeahhhhnooo. No.

They tend to like to stay in one neighbourhood, often choosing to live close to where they were themselves raised. NO WAY!!!!! They are often involved with volunteer organisations and have a developed sense of citizenship and accountability. Eh, not really. Not unless I really like it. When they purchase something, it is after careful consideration; rarely will they buy something without having a known need or use for it. Depends. For things I don't like buying, yes. For things I like buying, like books, movies, or music, HELL NO! They may keep possessions for a lifetime and treasure those that were given to them. PFFFT no.

They tend to have a good memory for specific facts that are necessary in their day-to-day life at work and at home. HA!!!!! NO WAY...it's my huge weakness. Take away my appointment book and I am DEAD! They accumulate facts and details to orient themselves, relying on repeated experiences that have been proven trustworthy. Yes, true. A fact once experienced may be the product of circumstance and happenstance; it is not in and of itself reliable. That is accurate. When an introverted sensing type hears an idea, they rummage through reams of archived facts to find an experience that provides information for the relevance and realism of an idea. I do that sometimes. When an introverted sensing type utters, "It's never been done!" they are saying that no information about the relevance or usefulness of the idea is available to them. NO! Sometimes a change is great, good, and necessary. I don't have an oak tree up my butt. They tend to shy away from surprises and what is perceived as unnecessary change. NO WAY I LOVEEEE surprises....eh, good ones, that is.

MBTI
    xNFP

Default Dominant Introverted Thinking Analysis

Rodin's Thinker is introverted. Say wha? Here these thinkers ponder the apparent chaos of the world in order to extract from it the universal truths and principles that can be counted on. Um, okay, that's nice. These principles, once extracted, will provide the logical structure on which to build strategies. Cool, but I don't really do that.

They have a finely nuanced ability to analyse situations, find root causes and foresee consequences. YES. They distrust action taken too quickly without the necessary investigation. True...in some cases. They are usually levelheaded, objective, impersonal yet intensely involved in problem solving. Hmm...ehhh, yeahhhno...NoThey are fiercely independent, seeking input and comments from a chosen few. Fiercely independent, yes. Only a few, no.When reporting to others, they need to establish credibility first: their own and that of the person they are reporting to. Yes, that makes sense. If the gap in knowledge and expertise is too great and their own proficiency dismissed, belittled or ignored, they will lose interest and motivation. YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

They are less interested in running the world as they are in understanding it. True. They are curious and capable of explaining complex political, economic or technological problems, taking great pleasure in explaining all the factors and intricacies. Political, yes. Others, not so much. They are rigorous with their thoughts and analysis, choosing the exact words that convey precisely what is meant. I like thinking, but I'm not precise. They may spend a lot of time defining words, concepts and systems in order to define a problematic solution. Pfft. Whatever dude.

They are armchair detectives, scientists and philosophers, spending most of their time in quiet reflection to ponder truth, and solve mysteries. Mysteries are good. They may tend to neglect social requirements and responsibilities, finding many relationships to be too superficial to be of much interest. Depends on the person.