User Tag List

First 412131415162464 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 690

Thread: Type me!

  1. #131
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Perhaps it is important to indicate that I tested IXTJ on a 'real' MBTI test when I was 18 years old at a psychology class. So I am trying to figure out if this IXTJ has any validity.

    Evidence:

    1. My grandparents' strong protection was comforting.
    2. I get a great deal of comfort out of finishing tasks.
    3. I organize myself and my environment.
    4. My Fi is quite weak...making me think I'm Fi-tertiary.
    5. My crazy behavior is more of a relief thing.
    6. Under stress, my Fi says 'This isn't right,' but it is not something strong in me all the time.
    7. I have quite a problem dealing with picking up things in my environment.
    8. Even though my environment was controlled, I did not really rebel against it.
    9. Te is strong.
    10. Like order and rules.

    Of course, I could be way off base...But we have been discussing the matter in Vent, and I thought that was important to add.
    I think all of this just points to I_J. INTJ and INFJ are both Ni dom. You think your F is weak because you don't especially like relating to people, but F isn't just about emotions, it points to a sort of person who is extremely ethics driven as opposed to being more objective. You strike me as being very ethics driven, whether it's Fe or Fi, I don't know you well enough to say.

  2. #132
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Perhaps it is important to indicate that I tested IXTJ on a 'real' MBTI test when I was 18 years old during a psychology class at my school....

    (Sorry to throw a monkey wrench into everyone's ideas, but I thought it was important to mention).
    Well, as a matter of fact, it wouldn't. As I've already said, I think your judging functions were always Fi Te and your perceiving functions Si Ne, which ranged in a specific order over time. You definitely seemed to have both INFP and STJ tendencies when you were young, but later your functions ranged more specifically - that is possible in my opinion, because I know I used to have ESTJ tendencies and I know my ISTJ would have ENFP tendencies as a kid. It is a little strange that it took such a long time before yours became clear, but well, people are strange, and millions of factors could play their role. (A guess that strict religious upbringing always plays its role, for instance.) If everyone's personality had the same clear development, we could throw all psychology books out of the window and use only simple MBTI manuals, but it's clearly not so simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise
    I would only concede to NFP as an INFP. Her opinions on just how things should be would be VERY Fi driven if she's not a J. I see no hints of extroversion here - I described my own, and so did EnFpFer, and Little Linguist described nothing even close.
    Yeah, you're right about this one - that's why I considered INFP as a second option, but Little Linguist rejected it because of her strong Te.

    So, Little Linguist, what exactly leads you to believe you're extroverted?

  3. #133
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Perhaps it is important to indicate that I tested IXTJ on a 'real' MBTI test when I was 18 years old at a psychology class. So I am trying to figure out if this IXTJ has any validity.

    Evidence:

    1. My grandparents' strong protection was comforting.
    2. I get a great deal of comfort out of finishing tasks.
    3. I organize myself and my environment.
    4. My Fi is quite weak...making me think I'm Fi-tertiary.
    5. My crazy behavior is more of a relief thing.
    6. Under stress, my Fi says 'This isn't right,' but it is not something strong in me all the time.
    7. I have quite a problem dealing with picking up things in my environment.
    8. Even though my environment was controlled, I did not really rebel against it.
    9. Te is strong.
    10. Like order and rules.

    Of course, I could be way off base...But we have been discussing the matter in Vent, and I thought that was important to add.
    1,2,3,4,8, and 10 are also traits shared by SFJs, btw. I don't think you're an S, though.

  4. #134
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    I believe I am too future-focused and interested in consequences and future occurrences to be S....I often sacrifice the moment for the future. In fact, I rarely live in the present, which is often not a good thing.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  5. #135
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I believe I am too future-focused and interested in consequences and future occurrences to be S....I often sacrifice the moment for the future. In fact, I rarely live in the present, which is often not a good thing.
    Sounds like Ni.

  6. #136
    Supreme High Commander Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Si seems to have been the dominant factor here - the emphasis placed on traditional institutions like the church and feminine activities like knitting (especially as they are so out of fashion these days) seem to point that way, long with the hatred of sexual promiscuity. Your peers described you as if you were something out of the past. The impulse to ever work harder. It's there over and over again. The lack of interest in sports also indicates that sensing was not extroverted, espeically as you said you liked skiing because it was slower! I'd guess that Si was your primary function and Ne your inferior.

    Feeling appears to be introverted, as you seem rather disinterested in interacting with people but showed some ability to empathize with those you deemed worthy of the attention. That would make Fi your tertiary function and Te the auxilary.

    Overall, ISTJ.

  7. #137
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    She is not one of us.

    She is showing all--ALLLLLL!--the signs of incomplete Ne interest in MBTI, the most important being, no decision can be made because not enough information has been gathered. And not enough information ever will be gathered because the interest is incomplete, not strong enough to synthesise sufficient understanding of the theory to allow for belief in a conclusion.

    What's the purpose of this thread, after all? Ostensibly for LL to describe stuff and let other people type her. And LL, you then do what with the typings? Accept them and move on? Shoot me in the head if you don't jump up and consider them as interesting possibilities, none of which really encompass the totality of the investigated thing...

    ENFP.



    And even so I'm starting to be reluctant to say ENFP because seriously, this much investigation and no clear picture emerging? I mean, really no clear picture, not even the ability to identify your own dominant function? If all of this were serious, then you'd be making your team look dumb. Surely you're keeping up this charade for the fun of it.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  8. #138
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    She is not one of us.

    She is showing all--ALLLLLL!--the signs of incomplete Ne interest in MBTI, the most important being, no decision can be made because not enough information has been gathered. And not enough information ever will be gathered because the interest is incomplete, not strong enough to synthesise sufficient understanding of the theory to allow for belief in a conclusion.

    What's the purpose of this thread, after all? Ostensibly for LL to describe stuff and let other people type her. And LL, you then do what with the typings? Accept them and move on? Shoot me in the head if you don't jump up and consider them as interesting possibilities, none of which really encompass the totality of the investigated thing...

    ENFP.



    And even so I'm starting to be reluctant to say ENFP because seriously, this much investigation and no clear picture emerging? I mean, really no clear picture, not even the ability to identify your own dominant function? If all of this were serious, then you'd be making your team look dumb. Surely you're keeping up this charade for the fun of it.
    How can you say ENFP given all of the evidence of her preferences for structure, security, control, order, etc.? Her fixation on the future also makes me think Ni more so than Ne. I also don't see any preference for extroversion clearly showing itself. If she does have Ne, it's more likely INFP Ne smothered in an incredibly rigid Fi value system.

  9. #139
    Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    495

    Default

    I'm thinking ISTJ or ISFJ. Pretty much everything in the first post makes me think SJ.

    Also sounds more like a 1 than a 3. 3s would at least try and be sociable.

  10. #140
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    She is not one of us.

    She is showing all--ALLLLLL!--the signs of incomplete Ne interest in MBTI, the most important being, no decision can be made because not enough information has been gathered. And not enough information ever will be gathered because the interest is incomplete, not strong enough to synthesise sufficient understanding of the theory to allow for belief in a conclusion.

    What's the purpose of this thread, after all? Ostensibly for LL to describe stuff and let other people type her. And LL, you then do what with the typings? Accept them and move on? Shoot me in the head if you don't jump up and consider them as interesting possibilities, none of which really encompass the totality of the investigated thing...
    Yeah, I mean, I don't know LL extremely well. But what I've seen, in past posts and in this thread, is not consistent with Ni dom. At all. I think Ni doms can actually become slightly annoyed by threads such as this, where possibilities are being considered but none are being pinned down. Ni is like a filter, it sifts through irrelevancies to leave only the relevancies. Ni doms have a need for closure and would never spend years figuring out their type because they would hone in on it fairly quickly. Ne is being used extensively in this thread... maybe LL is ENFP with developed Te? That could explain the need for order and structure. Those types of ENFPs can look very J, moreso in action than in mind, though.

    EDIT: Yes, ENFP with strong Te is looking like it to me. The keeping of schedules, records, notes... very Te. My brother is ENFP with developed Te and he does the same. I've seen ENFPs be practical and structured, and it's thanks to that function.

Similar Threads

  1. How would you type me as a child?
    By Kiddo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. Blah, type me...
    By runvardh in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 06:05 PM
  3. Enneagram-type me!
    By Haphazard in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 10:41 PM
  4. Type Me (New and Improved With Marmite Flavour!)
    By Tigerlily in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 12:46 AM
  5. First post- please help type me!
    By Annuit Coeptis in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 03:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO