User Tag List

First 311121314152363 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 690

Thread: Type me!

  1. #121
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    I actually think the confusion begins with the published type descriptions and the stereotypes that follow, but it's always good to compare notes.
    Yeah, we don't seem to disagree on that.

  2. #122
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    From what I understand, T/F is actually the last preference to form, so I'm not sure how examining your childhood will be terribly helpful in that regard.

    To me you sound like an INFJ.
    Interesting. What makes you think I am a dom-Ni user combined with Fe? Just curious.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  3. #123
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Interesting. What makes you think I am a dom-Ni user combined with Fe? Just curious.
    Your nervousness, shyness, and lack of friends during adolescence was probably due to introversion, not necessarily lack of F. I think you are an F because your passions seem so value-driven, and your interests lie in subjective subjects which cannot be clearly verified: languages, history, etc. That's not Te. Te would be more interested in things that could be proven. We could say that it's possibly Ti, though, especially since you were academically competitive. However, your need for structure and love of planning points to a J temperament. Your value judgements of your peers, that you hated promiscuous people but had great understanding for people who "needed to talk" strikes me also as an F trait, not a T trait.

    I can't necessarily make a case for you being an Ni dom, per se, but everything about you screams INFJ to me. From what I understand, a person can rely on their primary and tertiary functions without developing their auxillary as much until later, which potentially could make you an Ni/Ti driven INFJ. But I think you had much more development of F than you think you did during your adolescence, which is why everything in your world was so value and passion driven, even if you weren't especially social.

    EDIT: Also, your whole attitude toward church growing up - you wanted people to know "how it went" and had no patience for people who did not know the hymns - TOTALLY SCREAMS Fe to me, and it screams the sort of Fe expressed in a J temperament.

    I do not get the more objective air of a T from your post, or any of your other posts I've read on here.

    I'm not sure how you got T or ENFP, honestly. As an ENFP I was never particularly a fan of overly-structured environments, and even though I definitely have some of the introverted extrovert qualities of needing time to recharge, I had a theatrics streak all through my childhood and young adulthood, I was always on stage drawing attention to myself. And while in high school I wasn't popular with the jocks and cheerleaders, I was extremely social and open to more artistic/intellectual types, and enjoyed a sort of popularity my junior and senior years because I was so friendly.

    The only other thing I could see you as is an INFP, seriously.

  4. #124
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Your nervousness, shyness, and lack of friends during adolescence was probably due to introversion, not necessarily lack of F. I think you are an F because your passions seem so value-driven, and your interests lie in subjective subjects which cannot be clearly verified: languages, history, etc. That's not Te. Te would be more interested in things that could be proven. We could say that it's possibly Ti, though, especially since you were academically competitive. However, your need for structure and love of planning points to a J temperament. Your value judgements of your peers, that you hated promiscuous people but had great understanding for people who "needed to talk" strikes me also as an F trait, not a T trait.

    I can't necessarily make a case for you being an Ni dom, per se, but everything about you screams INFJ to me. From what I understand, a person can rely on their primary and tertiary functions without developing their auxillary as much until later, which potentially could make you an Ni/Ti driven INFJ. But I think you had much more development of F than you think you did during your adolescence, which is why everything in your world was so value and passion driven, even if you weren't especially social.

    EDIT: Also, your whole attitude toward church growing up - you wanted people to know "how it went" and had no patience for people who did not know the hymns - TOTALLY SCREAMS Fe to me, and it screams the sort of Fe expressed in a J temperament.

    I do not get the more objective air of a T from your post, or any of your other posts I've read on here.

    I'm not sure how you got T or ENFP, honestly. As an ENFP I was never particularly a fan of overly-structured environments, and even though I definitely have some of the introverted extrovert qualities of needing time to recharge, I had a theatrics streak all through my childhood and young adulthood, I was always on stage drawing attention to myself. And while in high school I wasn't popular with the jocks and cheerleaders, I was extremely social and open to more artistic/intellectual types, and enjoyed a sort of popularity my junior and senior years because I was so friendly.

    The only other thing I could see you as is an INFP, seriously.
    I'm having a very interesting discussion with Wonka at the moment, and he has indicated that a great deal of my behavior might indeed reflect J preferences. The relief found in structure; my perfectionism; my need to have a goal or a reason to do something; my lack of sense of self and reliance on others for my own self; several other things as well - I do not know if you want to hear more....
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  5. #125
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Where did you learn this FJ huffiness?
    YES.

  6. #126
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I'm having a very interesting discussion with Wonka at the moment, and he has indicated that a great deal of my behavior might indeed reflect J preferences. The relief found in structure; my perfectionism; my need to have a goal or a reason to do something; my lack of sense of self and reliance on others for my own self; several other things as well - I do not know if you want to hear more....
    From this thread and other posts you have written I'm fairly convinced you are an NFJ. I know a couple of INFJs and your written presentation style reminds me of them, somehow, too. I have a hard time imagining you as anything else, honestly.

    INFJ has tertiary Ti, and that may be where you are mistaking yourself for a T.

  7. #127
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    On what type I am.
    I thought we settled that like a year ago.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  8. #128
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    I can see where the others are coming from with the J but I still think you're not an NFJ, Little Linguist. I agree that many things in your OP could point to both, but some things you wrote later in this thread totally scream NFP to me and I have never observed them in any NFJ I've met. About the presentation style, while it reminds marmalade.sunrise of NFJs she knows, it reminds me of NFPs I know, so I doubt there's any consensus about 'writing styles of types'. Also, while marmalade.sunrise sees some things in the OP as Fe, I'm quite certain they can stem from Fi as well. You say you didn't use Fi at all that much when you were young, but I actually thing you did, just not in the sense that's considered 'normal' here.

    And what's more, I hardly doubt that any NFJ would doubt their type and re- and re-considered it for such a long time. This bouncing from idea to idea and never being able to decide which one is the 'rightest one' is typical for Ne.

    That said, I could determine your type with absolute certainty only if I knew you in person, so you can take this with a grain of salt.

  9. #129
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    I can see where the others are coming from with the J but I still think you're not an NFJ, Little Linguist. I agree that many things in your OP could point to both, but some things you wrote later in this thread totally scream NFP to me and I have never observed them in any NFJ I've met. About the presentation style, while it reminds marmalade.sunrise of NFJs she knows, it reminds me of NFPs I know, so I doubt there's any consensus about 'writing styles of types'. Also, while marmalade.sunrise sees some things in the OP as Fe, I'm quite certain they can stem from Fi as well. You say you didn't use Fi at all that much when you were young, but I actually thing you did, just not in the sense that's considered 'normal' here.

    And what's more, I hardly doubt that any NFJ would doubt their type and re- and re-considered it for such a long time. This bouncing from idea to idea and never being able to decide which one is the 'rightest one' is typical for Ne.

    That said, I could determine your type with absolute certainty only if I knew you in person, so you can take this with a grain of salt.
    I would only concede to NFP as an INFP. Her opinions on just how things should be would be VERY Fi driven if she's not a J. I see no hints of extroversion here - I described my own, and so did EnFpFer, and Little Linguist described nothing even close.

  10. #130
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Perhaps it is important to indicate that I tested IXTJ on a 'real' MBTI test when I was 18 years old at a psychology class. So I am trying to figure out if this IXTJ has any validity.

    Evidence:

    1. My grandparents' strong protection was comforting.
    2. I get a great deal of comfort out of finishing tasks.
    3. I organize myself and my environment.
    4. My Fi is quite weak...making me think I'm Fi-tertiary.
    5. My crazy behavior is more of a relief thing.
    6. Under stress, my Fi says 'This isn't right,' but it is not something strong in me all the time.
    7. I have quite a problem dealing with picking up things in my environment.
    8. Even though my environment was controlled, I did not really rebel against it.
    9. Te is strong.
    10. Like order and rules.

    Of course, I could be way off base...But we have been discussing the matter in Vent, and I thought that was important to add.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Similar Threads

  1. How would you type me as a child?
    By Kiddo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. Blah, type me...
    By runvardh in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 06:05 PM
  3. Enneagram-type me!
    By Haphazard in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 10:41 PM
  4. Type Me (New and Improved With Marmite Flavour!)
    By Tigerlily in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 12:46 AM
  5. First post- please help type me!
    By Annuit Coeptis in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 03:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO