User Tag List

First 9101112132161 Last

Thread: Type me!

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm saying that you do know, but that you haven't concluded. And that you don't care much either way, but that it's really fun talking about it because you learn so much from the people you talk to. Not about your type, but about how other people go about doing things.

And please, Te smackdowns? Where did you learn this FJ huffiness?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Well, would you mind taking the time to explain how you got to that conclusion and how you now think Fe is my dominant function when I was a total LOSER with people as a kid? And especially after you thought Se/Ti was my combination before???
    Actually, I think he just wants to stress out how much Ne you seem to him, i.e. how totally ENFP he thinks you are, and that any other musings over it are unnecessary. I agree with him, but I like your musings, so feel free to continue

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist
    1. Planning for college, I mapped out four years of classes considering various majors and possibilities. In fact I was obsessed with this kind of planning all summer, and had a notebook comprised of notes where I would map out four years of college for: PoliSci/German double major Russian minor; Spanish/French double major, Russian minor; PoliSci/French double major, Russian minor; PoliSci/Spanish double major, Russian minor; PoliSci major German/Russian double minor; ... you get the idea. Map out: Semester 1, Semester 2, ... Classes: WXYZ, ABCD, blah blah
    I know that. Totally. I LOVE making such lists and combinations, especially when it concerns something I'm passionate about, such as my future career. (I love to imagine what it would be like to study this and this etc., I imagine how I could contribute to the subject and what people I could meet there... Perhaps I'm not so interested in the practical side of it at all, as a matter of fact). Also, when I really care about something, I can stay absorbed like this for a looooong time and then even try and make my dreams come true. (And not to get lazy and withdraw as usual.) I'm an INFP, but I have observed the same thing in (certain) ENFPs as well.

2. Room: After a period of time of neglecting my room, I would make major clean-out sessions, which comprised of throwing away all the garbage and unnecessary things, things I hadn't used in the past year, organizing the current things, such as books according to topic, largest to smallest, so that it was aesthetically pleasing to the eye and made sense. Each shelf had different contents. Clothes organized according to season, sub-organized according to type, sub-sub-organized according to color.
    This sounds TOTALLY as the ENFP I referred to in the Twilight thread, specifically the clothes part. She's actually my flatmate, and I saw her doing the exact same thing just a week ago. It was rather fascinating. I used to do something like that too (even though I have a very hard time throwing things away), but I've become so slacky over time that I don't even try anymore. *headdesk* The books part sounds exactly like me though - I LOVE my books, so I love to keep them in order.

3. Clean-up after a meal: I was a mafia boss. EVERYONE OUT. I can't stand having three people in an area, and everyone doesn't know wtf everyone else is doing. So inefficient. OUT! OUT DAMN IT! OUT! Let me manage everything. And trust me, everything was spotless and perfect, with gleaming countertops and faucets and stove tops afterwards. AH. Much better.
    My INFP dad does something similar, too. When he decides to clean, he wants to do that himself, and in his own way. I suppose I have the same tendencies, but unless I'm forced I don't decide to clean ever so often.

4. Group work: Ugh. Bane of my existence. F-ing group work. 3/4 are lazy, and you cannot rely on them. Half the time, I just said, "Look give me everything and let me do it. You know you will get at least an A- that way." They looked at each other, rolled their eyes, nodded, and gave it to me. So they could chit-chat about boring shit, I would work, and they all got an A or A-. Everyone was happy.
    Exactly my approach. (But I'd never say it so directly, as I'm usually extremely diplomatic with people.) When I get a task to complete, I turn to a huge perfectionist, I want to make it as perfect as possible, and I want to see to it myself. So I'm definitely not a big fan of group work, either. The ENFPs I know are not such perfectionists, but this trait certainly seems to resonate with the NP group.

However, I start feeling weird when I say: MBTI doesn't fit. Socionics doesn't fit. Enneagram doesn't fit. Hell, maybe *I* don't fit lol.
    Well, in my opinion, MBTI generally does fit, but it isn't omnipotent by any means. (I don't know much about Socionics and I don't buy into Enneagram.) I'd been noticing that some people are kind of "made of the same ingedients" way before I got familiar with MBTI, and the MBTI groups generally correspond to the system I'd created in my head. However, I disagree with the MBTI terminology and largely even with its purpose (would make for a long discussion, but as an example I dislike how it's solely descriptive and self-explanatory, because I believe that when it comes to people, CONTEXT is everything.) And don't worry, you DO fit - you'd fit among me and my friends at the very least, if it's any comfort

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

*breathes a sigh of relief*

YAY! Someone who can relate.

Seriously, I know I was really extreme as a kid - and thankfully I have grown up a lot and my Fe has developed a great deal due to my job. My Fi has also developed and really balanced out the Ne-Te axis that was going on, so I'm starting to get a lot of balance in my life.

Funny enough, there's a meditation thread in here. I think the time I started mellowing out a bit was the time I started meditation, which jump-started my dead Fi or whatever trait that is...and since then, I've really grown a lot.

It's interesting to hear that there are other ENFPs out there like me...
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I'm saying that you do know, but that you haven't concluded. And that you don't care much either way, but that it's really fun talking about it because you learn so much from the people you talk to. Not about your type, but about how other people go about doing things.

And please, Te smackdowns? Where did you learn this FJ huffiness?
    Eh, well, you know, um, see, well....AHHHHH SHADDAAAAAAAAPPPP!!!!!!

Okay, in all seriousness, I see what you mean now.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTJ

People be mocking my religion.

*humpf*
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    People be mocking my religion.

*humpf*
    Yeah, you better watch out for my humpfiness!!! Because Her Humpfiness is gonna getcha when you least expect it.

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

/end silly switch

I do appreciate your contribution, and I must admit, your confrontational nature makes you cute. Nothing a whatever-the-hell-type-I-am can't handle.

MBTI
    xNFP

Here's a strange habit I have had since I was a kid: When I think, my eyes shift, and when I speak in front of people, I have a bizarre tendency to look at the wall, ceiling, or into nothingness at times, especially when I have to concentrate or gather my thoughts.

I wonder if anyone else does that, and how can I get rid of that???

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Sheds some light on what?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Seriously, I know I was really extreme as a kid - and thankfully I have grown up a lot and my Fe has developed a great deal due to my job. My Fi has also developed and really balanced out the Ne-Te axis that was going on, so I'm starting to get a lot of balance in my life.
    That's good to hear. ENFPs with well-developed Fi and Te (and a bit of Fe in the mix) are great people in my experience. (The first girl I described here is already wonderful in this aspect; the Twilight one would need some Fi boost in my opinion, but we're still in our early 20s, so she might be alright as time goes.) I know I still need a bit of "help" when it comes to Te, but hopefully I'm also getting better (with a little help from my friends).

Funny enough, there's a meditation thread in here. I think the time I started mellowing out a bit was the time I started meditation, which jump-started my dead Fi or whatever trait that is...and since then, I've really grown a lot.
    I've recently started to be interested in meditation as well, and I believe it can be really helpful for one's balance of mind. As for me, past year has been very painful and stressful for me and I virtually lost my imagination as a result (which was just terrible), and I believe that meditation played a huge role in helping me to get it back. (I believe it could do miracles for my ISTJ as well, but he just... doesn't believe in miracles! ><;;; )

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Sheds some light on what?
    On what type I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    That's good to hear. ENFPs with well-developed Fi and Te (and a bit of Fe in the mix) are great people in my experience. (The first girl I described here is already wonderful in this aspect; the Twilight one would need some Fi boost in my opinion, but we're still in our early 20s, so she might be alright as time goes.) I know I still need a bit of "help" when it comes to Te, but hopefully I'm also getting better (with a little help from my friends).

I've recently started to be interested in meditation as well, and I believe it can be really helpful for one's balance of mind. As for me, past year has been very painful and stressful for me and I virtually lost my imagination as a result (which was just terrible), and I believe that meditation played a huge role in helping me to get it back. (I believe it could do miracles for my ISTJ as well, but he just... doesn't believe in miracles! ><;;; )
    Yeah, I think I'll get there when I'm more fully developed personality-wise. At least I hope so.