User Tag List

First 891011122060 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 690

Thread: Type me!

  1. #91
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    In my opinion, your judging functions were clearly always Fi Te and your perceiving functions Ne Si, and they ranged themselves over time in order closest to ENFP (2. closest INFP - both your Ne and Fi sound VERY strong to me). You sound like a very intelligent and versatile ENFP to me, more "extraverted" in their range of interests and ideas than human interactions. I've met at least one ENFP that kind of reminds me of you, and she's indeed quite "specific" because she's more "academic" (and "moderate", in sense of not being such a "natural disaster" ) compared to other ENFP females I know. (And the only subject she hates is Maths! ) One of the random details that brings me to ENFP is the fact you "couldn't stand idiots in classes" with such a passion (in my experience, INPs find it equally annoying, but they're usually not so expressive about it - they don't feel so much need to openly vent about it, though this might be too much of a generalization). Another detail I find more ENFP than INFP is the part where you say you "couldn't follow the plot" in movies. I've seen this happening to a lot of ENFPs I know (might be too much Ne or something). Overall, I'd definitely say ENFP, albeit with very strong values and some rather 'IF' quirks (your upbringing played a huge role there though, I'd guess).

    And by the way, it was a great description.

  2. #92
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    In my opinion, your judging functions were clearly always Fi Te and your perceiving functions Ne Si, and they ranged themselves over time in order closest to ENFP (2. closest INFP - both your Ne and Fi sound VERY strong to me). You sound like a very intelligent and versatile ENFP to me, more "extraverted" in their range of interests and ideas than human interactions. I've met at least one ENFP that kind of reminds me of you, and she's indeed quite "specific" because she's more "academic" (and "moderate", in sense of not being such a "natural disaster" ) compared to other ENFP females I know. (And the only subject she hates is Maths! ) One of the random details that brings me to ENFP is the fact you "couldn't stand idiots in classes" with such a passion (in my experience, INPs find it equally annoying, but they're usually not so expressive about it - they don't feel so much need to openly vent about it, though this might be too much of a generalization). Another detail I find more ENFP than INFP is the part where you say you "couldn't follow the plot" in movies. I've seen this happening to a lot of ENFPs I know (might be too much Ne or something). Overall, I'd definitely say ENFP, albeit with very strong values and some rather 'IF' quirks (your upbringing played a huge role there though, I'd guess).

    And by the way, it was a great description.
    Wow, those provide some very interesting correlations, I must say. You're right I think...my quirks could very well be accounted for by education and upbringing perhaps.

    It just seems so strange that Te would be so dominant earlier in life...why would an ENFP be so....quiet and like a hermit??? On the other hand, I do not know if INFP really fits, either, because that would mean Te would be my nemesis, and it isn't. If it's not my helper, it's definitely at least my relief function. (Under stress, to clear things out....To redefine, to clarify, to organize....and it makes me feel relieved, quite literally).

    EDIT: By the way, you make a very good point with the ENFP v. INT perspective with stupidity:

    LL: "GAHHHHH!!!!! These kids in class are driving me nuts!!!!! They don't know anything, hold the rest of us back, and it's driving me crazy. Imagine what we could accomplish if the others weren't here. DUMB ASSES! Nincompoops!!! FOOLISH IDIOTS!!!!!!"

    Husband (INTP): *sigh* "These people are idiots. There's no point in class. I'm staying home and reading by myself because I learn more that way. You cannot educate stupid people, so there's no point in school. Just coast along because I know more than the teacher anyway."
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  3. #93
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    ISTP.

    It's the only real way to explain how Te could dominate your childhood.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  4. #94
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    ISTP.

    It's the only real way to explain how Te could dominate your childhood.
    Wait, ISTP? Are you sure???? Se/Ti combo? Perhaps I should explain a few more elements to illustrate why I think this combination is highly unlikely:

    a) As a child/teenager, I was very bad at noticing things around me, especially details. The seasons would change, and I would hardly notice, until one day I went out and it snowed. Christmas would creep up on me. If people did not show me external things, I was oblivious (which irritated my EXFJ grandmother: "Look at the beautiful garden, the flowers." Response: *staring deep into book*: "Yeah, right." LOL)

    Even now, I find it very difficult to remember details and notice things. Husband: "Look at the tree there?" "Where?" "There, look!" "Huh, where?" "DUH; THERE LOOK RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!" "Oh, yeah, right, um...what?" "Look at the leaves changing!" "Oh, right, yeah, pretty!" Makes me feel like a retard, but I promise I'm not that dull with everything.

    I wouldn't dress appropriately either. Neither do I have a sense of style nor do I have a sense of what is appropriate for a given weather condition or occasion. It's quite embarrassing .

    It's awful, I cannot even drive. I have terrible reflexes, and I lapse into daydreams where I do not pay attention and almost crash the car. Miss red lights, traffic signs, yeah, I'm not proud of it - it's quite nerve-wracking and embarrassing really. I've been trying my very best to train these skills and become better, but combined with terrible depth-perception and awful spatial skills, driving is an absolute no-go if I want to stay alive to my 30th birthday.

    b) Ti isn't bad, but I do not know if I have what it takes for it to be my primary function. But it's one of my lowest functions....I'm not really sure how it works, though, so maybe my understanding is not appropriate.

    I have a very strange function result. My strongest functions are all extraverted. My weakest are all introverted. This probably explains my perpetual struggle to find balance in life. I struggle a great deal with extremity.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  5. #95
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Even my enneagram is bizarre 1 and 3 tied for first place; 2, 5, and 8 tied for second place.

    Am I just crazy???
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  6. #96
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Anyway using VagrantFarce's interesting prototype thingy, I shall proceed to rate preferences in my childhood (because his idea is easiest and the most concise):

    In order from easiest to most difficult, these were my preferences as a child:

    Easy:

    I can preconceive a goal (I understand this in the following way, "I can envision my goal, the end point, where I want to be").

    I can take control of things (To reach the above-mentioned goal).

    I can lead a life congruent to what I value (To make sure I'm not a monster while doing the above-mentioned things).

    I can embrace new or unusual experiences (To find new, more efficient ways of achieving said goal, keeping in mind it is in sync with my values).

    Difficult:

    I can subject things to impersonal analysis (I can do this, but it is more difficult for me - takes more energy).

    I can recall past experiences (being absent-minded, I was constantly forgetting little things, and even big things, to my dismay).

    I can establish a rapport with others (I found this VERY difficult as a child).

    I can notice and manipulate or deal with raw data (totally unaware of little things around me, though I could take advantages of opportunities I was alert to).
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  7. #97
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    ISTP.

    It's the only real way to explain how Te could dominate your childhood.
    There's no way she's ever been an ISTP. This seems to me like putting too much credit to the function theories (which can very well be flawed) and ignoring the simple facts. If one's childhood is very organized, it might be very much due to upbringing and education; I was definitely more Te when I was little, because my INTJ mum used to be very demanding towards me, which subsequently rubbed on me as well because I didn't want to disappoint her - and myself. Actually, until I was about 10-11, besides dwelling in my little fantasy world I also used to be very bossy and arrogant, much more productive and ambitious than later, I loved making detailed lists of anything and big projects concerning my little gang of friends. I think I had a good chance of becoming an STJ of sorts, but then I completely withdrew and became a very prominent INFP. My point being, having a very high level of organization early in life doesn't mean one can't gradually abandon it and become (still naturally) much more laid-back and flexible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist
    a) As a child/teenager, I was very bad at noticing things around me, especially details. The seasons would change, and I would hardly notice, until one day I went out and it snowed. Christmas would creep up on me. If people did not show me external things, I was oblivious (which irritated my EXFJ grandmother: "Look at the beautiful garden, the flowers." Response: *staring deep into book*: "Yeah, right." LOL)

    Even now, I find it very difficult to remember details and notice things. Husband: "Look at the tree there?" "Where?" "There, look!" "Huh, where?" "DUH; THERE LOOK RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!" "Oh, yeah, right, um...what?" "Look at the leaves changing!" "Oh, right, yeah, pretty!" Makes me feel like a retard, but I promise I'm not that dull with everything.

    I wouldn't dress appropriately either. Neither do I have a sense of style nor do I have a sense of what is appropriate for a given weather condition or occasion. It's quite embarrassing .
    This sounds very much like me, and many other NPs I know. It is surely a good way how to drive my ISTJ boyfriend crazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist
    Even my enneagram is bizarre 1 and 3 tied for first place; 2, 5, and 8 tied for second place.

    Am I just crazy???
    No, you're not crazy, you're just a very original and interesting human being. Personally, I don't give much credit to enneagram, because I'd have to be some weird hybrid between 4 and 9, and maybe 2, but maybe also some more aggressive type, which the theory doesn't allow, and so I don't allow the theory to enter my brain.

  8. #98
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    My point being, having a very high level of organization early in life doesn't mean one can't gradually abandon it and become (still naturally) much more laid-back and flexible.
    This statement is true. In the beginning of teaching public school, I kept copious notes, records, and everything (I was starting to look like an ESTJ I guess), and then as time progressed and I had a certain comfort level, I still kept organized and good notes and accurate records, but I was not quite so anal-retentive about everything. Te still plays a huge role, but not as much.

    I shocked some test takers last Saturday with my financial planning, although they did not realize what it was. I was planning with a bunch of numbers, testing this, trying out that possibility, testing that, trying out that combination, but all they saw was the numbers. After that part of the test was finished, they saw a bunch of numbers and cross outs and lines and they said, "Whoa." I think they might have thought I was having a John Nash moment or something LOL.

    Some examples of my organizational flip-outs as a child, so that you get my intention:

    1. Planning for college, I mapped out four years of classes considering various majors and possibilities. In fact I was obsessed with this kind of planning all summer, and had a notebook comprised of notes where I would map out four years of college for: PoliSci/German double major Russian minor; Spanish/French double major, Russian minor; PoliSci/French double major, Russian minor; PoliSci/Spanish double major, Russian minor; PoliSci major German/Russian double minor; ... you get the idea. Map out: Semester 1, Semester 2, ... Classes: WXYZ, ABCD, blah blah

    2. Room: After a period of time of neglecting my room, I would make major clean-out sessions, which comprised of throwing away all the garbage and unnecessary things, things I hadn't used in the past year, organizing the current things, such as books according to topic, largest to smallest, so that it was aesthetically pleasing to the eye and made sense. Each shelf had different contents. Clothes organized according to season, sub-organized according to type, sub-sub-organized according to color.

    3. Clean-up after a meal: I was a mafia boss. EVERYONE OUT. I can't stand having three people in an area, and everyone doesn't know wtf everyone else is doing. So inefficient. OUT! OUT DAMN IT! OUT! Let me manage everything. And trust me, everything was spotless and perfect, with gleaming countertops and faucets and stove tops afterwards. AH. Much better.

    4. Group work: Ugh. Bane of my existence. F-ing group work. 3/4 are lazy, and you cannot rely on them. Half the time, I just said, "Look give me everything and let me do it. You know you will get at least an A- that way." They looked at each other, rolled their eyes, nodded, and gave it to me. So they could chit-chat about boring shit, I would work, and they all got an A or A-. Everyone was happy.

    etc.



    This sounds very much like me, and many other NPs I know. It is surely a good way how to drive my ISTJ boyfriend crazy.
    Heh heh heh!

    No, you're not crazy, you're just a very original and interesting human being. Personally, I don't give much credit to enneagram, because I'd have to be some weird hybrid between 4 and 9, and maybe 2, but maybe also some more aggressive type, which the theory doesn't allow, and so I don't allow the theory to enter my brain.
    Agreed. However, I start feeling weird when I say: MBTI doesn't fit. Socionics doesn't fit. Enneagram doesn't fit. Hell, maybe *I* don't fit lol.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  9. #99
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    *sigh*

    ESFJ.

    There's no other way to explain the absentmindedness.


    See, the trouble with mocking (wait, I'll call it teasing) by proposing ridiculous types is you end up mocking (I mean, teasing) the type instead. And that's what can be so annoying about super-massive emphasis on Ne. The whole "I don't know, I don't know, but secretly I know, but I don't know" is a trial.



    (Or am I just expecting everyone else to use Ni too? Probably.)
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  10. #100
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    *sigh*

    ESFJ.

    There's no other way to explain the absentmindedness.
    Well, would you mind taking the time to explain how you got to that conclusion and how you now think Fe is my dominant function when I was a total LOSER with people as a kid? And especially after you thought Se/Ti was my combination before???

    See, the trouble with mocking (wait, I'll call it teasing) by proposing ridiculous types is you end up mocking (I mean, teasing) the type instead. And that's what can be so annoying about super-massive emphasis on Ne. The whole "I don't know, I don't know, but secretly I know, but I don't know" is a trial.
    Okay? Now you're just saying whatever comes to your mind to shut me up, or what? Look, I really value your opinion, but it sounds like you're just saying anything without really thinking about it because you do not want to invest the time! Well, then do not post anything and stop wasting my time.

    No, I DO NOT know, or else I would not have invested so much time and energy into making all these posts. So please, either contribute something constructive or keep out.

    (Or am I just expecting everyone else to use Ni too? Probably.)
    Probably. Whatever. Post something that makes sense, or please refrain.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Similar Threads

  1. How would you type me as a child?
    By Kiddo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. Blah, type me...
    By runvardh in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 06:05 PM
  3. Enneagram-type me!
    By Haphazard in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 10:41 PM
  4. Type Me (New and Improved With Marmite Flavour!)
    By Tigerlily in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 12:46 AM
  5. First post- please help type me!
    By Annuit Coeptis in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 03:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO