• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why doesn't anyone like ESFJ's?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah, this is also true. It's not that I don't 'like' ESFJs, it's just that it's hard for me to connect with them on any other level than this. We talk about relationships and clothing, and that's about the end of it. I find it enjoyable, but not exactly 'fulfilling'. Besides, they usually find me 'weird', so we don't have much opportunity to really get to know each other in the first place.

Yeah, the thing about not being "normal" equals bad. Drives me nut. But again, these are broad generalizations.

Just be thankfull your not an ESTJ

I don't know - I love ETSJs. So much easier for me to "get". I learned to deal with their overly detailed way of telling stories just as much as they learned to deal with my recurring lethargy. But at the end of the day, they like to get shit done and I like to come up with shit to get done, so we get along pretty well.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
The ESFJs I know are unfunny party poopers.

At their best, they try to hoard attention and then have no idea on what to do with it when they have it. At worst, they realize this fact and then go out of their way to ruin everyone else's fun.

I'd however respect the possibility of me being extremely biased, as I'm going off of an ESFJ friend and a sister, here.

Wow, an ENTP calling someone an attention whore. It's like that video I saw of a killer whale eating a great white shark. Unheard of!!

ttrim hasn't been back to forum since s/he made this thread. Which is unfortunate because had they stayed they would've gained cool points and transitioned to the enviable list of OK ESxJs. Well, enviable on this little speck of the internet but as long as you're in The In Crowd it doesn't matter. I mean we have our own social structure and hierarchy here as well where the more closely you align with this forum's definition of "normal" (ostracized, misunderstood, hurt, disembodied) you are essentially the forum ESFJs.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
Sometimes I wonder about the chicken and egg quality when I hear people mention the rather drab conversations they have with SJs. How much of it is people being "typed" SJs because they like to talk about things that don't interest the other person? Similarly, how many SJs are mistyped by others because they don't like talking about the latest gossip, or something practical?

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Sometimes I wonder about the chicken and egg quality when I hear people mention the rather drab conversations they have with SJs. How much of it is people being "typed" SJs because they like to talk about things that don't interest the other person? Similarly, how many SJs are mistyped by others because they don't like talking about the latest gossip, or something practical?

Well, I agree with you to a certain degree. I mistyped my ISTJ boyfriend and one of my close friends as INTJs because they both have very high Ne and they're much more abstract than many other SJs I know. But then, typology is not that much of a science, and when I see that one of my friend is definitely very clever and interesting, but (from my point of view) very 'uncomplicated' when it comes to abstract business dealing with feelings (i.e. totally digs the kind of esoteric literature that seems very deep, but actually isn't), and our conversations mostly consist of her telling me everything about her day into the most mundane details, it leaves me with Si dominant, specifically ISFJ. That doesn't mean that I don't find her very sweet and that I'm not fond of her, but it also means she's SJ. I'm quite confident to say that now I can safely recognize every SJ after I get to know them, and I certainly don't type someone SJ only because we have nothing to talk about. I type them SJ because they are SJ, and I often like them more than many NFs or NTs, if this is what you're driving at. I was also talking specifically about ESFJs I know, not every ESFJ in the world, let alone every SJ in the world.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

That's a good point. I try and look at the person as a whole. I've known several ISTJs who weren't into small talk or gossip. However, there's a manner in speaking that says sensor to me, less so than the topic of discussion.

Anyway, I don't dislike ESFJs, but I find them and ESTJs the quickest to form negative assumptions about me because I am quiet and offbeat. Sometimes they grate on my nerves with their conversation style and general interests, which are dull to me, and they can be too loud and nosy.

On the other hand, ESFJs can be extremely warm and nurturing and make a shy person like me feel more comfortable. It all depends on how open they are to "different" personalities. My own ESFJ grandma is very critical of people she doesn't understand, and even though she adores me, she has struggled at times to accept my temperament. Once ESFJs decide they care about someone, they'll overlook a lot of their quirks though.

As brought out, outside of an MBTI forum, most people like ESFJs and they tend to set the standard for social interaction and what is "normal" behavior. They just need to remember that everyone is not like them and to appreciate that fact.

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
because my mom is one! get used to it. everybody is the most hated type. infp=emotional little wuss. enfp=never grows up. entj=most evil people ever!:devil: and so on and so forth. don't let it get to you and welcome to the community!

SecantSquared

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
because my mom is one! get used to it. everybody is the most hated type. infp=emotional little wuss. enfp=never grows up. entj=most evil people ever!:devil: and so on and so forth. don't let it get to you and welcome to the community!

so us INTJs aren't hated, then? or at least there is no reason to hate us?

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
is just didn't feel like typing out stereotypes for all 16 different types. infp, enfp, and entj were the first three to pop in my head so i went with it. i guess i could have added an "etc" in there to make my point more clear. i can think up some bad things about INTJs. Would that make you feel better?

SecantSquared

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
is just didn't feel like typing out stereotypes for all 16 different types. infp, enfp, and entj were the first three to pop in my head so i went with it. i guess i could have added an "etc" in there to make my point more clear. i can think up some bad things about INTJs. Would that make you feel better?

yes. yes it would.

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
well, you're all unfeeling cold-hearted bastards whose insistence to always be logical to a fault makes you such unfeeling cold-hearted bastards. you think you're so cool with your whole "look at me, i know stuff because when i'm interested in stuff, i learn as much about it as possible blah blah blah, yak yak yak." oh, and let's not forget how when you decide to learn a new skill or find new interest, how you have to master it and be the best at it. how dare you make others feel inadequate, you bunch of little ayn randhish cold hearted bastard bastards.

Is that better?

SecantSquared

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
well, you're all unfeeling cold-hearted bastards whose insistence to always be logical to a fault makes you such unfeeling cold-hearted bastards. you think you're so cool with your whole "look at me, i know stuff because when i'm interested in stuff, i learn as much about it as possible blah blah blah, yak yak yak." oh, and let's not forget how when you decide to learn a new skill or find new interest, how you have to master it and be the best at it. how dare you make others feel inadequate, you bunch of little ayn randhish cold hearted bastard bastards.

Is that better?

aww, thanks! you're so sweet. :)

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
Oh, and you're the same temperment as Voldemort, supposedly, which proves how evil you all are.

SecantSquared

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Oh, and you're the same temperment as Voldemort, supposedly, which proves how evil you all are.

hey, we're not all evil! some of us would do good things once we ruled the world. like systematically eliminate all ESFJs.

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
shouldn't be too hard. if all these other morons can become elected officials, surely we can pull a decent coup.