User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

People tend to have a negative gut reaction towards their shadow type, seeing it as unhealthy and immature when in reality it's just their own inferior version of it that's unhealthy and immature. Therefore, on the Internet, which has a higher percentage of INPs than real life, you're going to get a lot more hatred aimed at ESJs -- and vice versa IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    People don't hate ESJs: that's their mothers and fathers; their coach and the cheerleader who wouldn't look at them twice--regular fixtures of mundane lives who maintain the status quo for themselves and others.
    Half right, half not, IME. The not-right half are non-ESJs who get typed as ESJs out of confirmation bias, because they represent the status quo and only SJs can represent the status quo. I've seen more traditionalist ESPs ENJs mistyped as ESJs, simply by virtue of filling stereotypically ESJ roles.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Showbread, Hard liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Observation from reading the earlier pages of this thread: God DAMN has this forum improved since 2009.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I generally like ESFJs, because they're practical and industrious and nurturing in all the ways I'm not. And someone has to be!
    Likes EJCC, Showbread liked this post

Because they often care about the wrong things.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Wrong is highly subjective.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Wrong is highly subjective.
    Obviously. And, in case you were wondering, I am the sole arbiter of what is right and wrong.
    Likes gromit liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    What wrong things you talking about?

MBTI
    Enxp

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Wow, an ENTP calling someone an attention whore. It's like that video I saw of a killer whale eating a great white shark. Unheard of!!

ttrim hasn't been back to forum since s/he made this thread. Which is unfortunate because had they stayed they would've gained cool points and transitioned to the enviable list of OK ESxJs. Well, enviable on this little speck of the internet but as long as you're in The In Crowd it doesn't matter. I mean we have our own social structure and hierarchy here as well where the more closely you align with this forum's definition of "normal" (ostracized, misunderstood, hurt, disembodied) you are essentially the forum ESFJs.
    No, no, no. She didn't say "attention whore," she said they like to hoard attention! This makes a world of difference. My long-term ESFJ "friend" likes to butt out anyone who gets any attention at all. While we love attention as ENTPs, we like to make sure that everyone is happy. For the ESFJ, they like to make sure that they are the ONLY ones who are happy. Don't jump down the ENTPs throat. You're twisting their words.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    LII Ne

What the hell? I don't know much about MBTI, but I know a bit about socionics, and socionics says INTPs love ESFJs and vice versa.
    And I'm an INTP, and I found this to be true.

The only reason an INTP can hate an ESFJ is if they don't really get to know each other. Since the area of interest is completely different (NT vs SF), if they don't know closely each other, they feel like they have nothing in common and thus don't find interest in each other.
    But if THEY DO get to know each other closely, it's always a lot of fun.

In Socionics, relationship between LII end ESE is duality.
    It means: as an INTP, I think Ti, Ne, Si, Fe are all valued information elements. I think Te, Ni, Se, Fi are NOT VALUED information elements.

I.E.:
    Ti does what Te does but it does it better. Understanding the core mechanics of something is better than understanding how to use it.
    Ne does what Ni does but it does it better. Seeing the possibilities and potential in things it's better if it's actualized right now, and not in some weird time-stretched comprehension of reality.

So an ESFJ has the same valued elements as I have (Fe, Si, Ne, Ti) but with a reverse order of inclination.
    Thus, I'm not used to dealing with manifestation of emotions. But I think it's a healthy thing. ESFJ teaches me that. Great. Fe. Yay.
    ESFJ is not used to use strict pure logic to analyze what's going on in his life. But he/she thinks it's a healthy thing. I teach him/her that. Great. Ti. Yay.

In a way, INTP and ESFJ complement each other. They can teach each other to appreciate the part of life which they tend to run away from.

INTP and INTJ become friends because of common interests (INT, INT). But they have completely different approaches to life, so they usually don't like to get too close emotionally.
    INTP and ESFJ become friends because they make each other more balanced and complete, even if they have no common interests at the beginning of the relationship.

It's like if an INTP secretly wants to be an ESFJ but can't admit it, not even to himself. But when he does, he loves it.

So says socionics.

What do you think?
    Likes EJCC, Chrysanthe, Chanaynay liked this post