User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Yeah I can see that. But why especially that EJ type?
    Cause people secretly fear the Te doms, which leaves only the Fe doms to hate.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ttrim View Post
    Hello there, I just joined today. I recently took the MBTI from a counselor and tested ESFJ. After coming here and reading all the posts it seems like my type is more of a curse for me. What are the reasons why everyone is so down on my type?
    'We' hate your types for the very fact that you give enough of a damn to ask.

I hate eating liver, but they still sell it at the market. I don't have to understand why I hate it, I just do. If a liver comes up to me and asks me why I hate eating it, I'd tell him to buzz off cause I'm too busy getting it on with the tastier slabs of meat. Regardless of my dislike for livers, the liver can still exist happily in a functional body other than my own. So why the need to care what my food preference is? Why bother me with your vomit-inducing grainy texture? ESFJs would naturally want to know, and INTPs & INTJs will naturally not feel inclined to give a reason because we are your undisputed superiors and needn't explain our inherent dislike for certain types.

I don't hate ESFJs though. You're still one heck of a sexy beast to me, as long as you don't taste like liver. A person is not entirely defined or limited by his type - fortunately for you. I'm sure you'll make a great party host, and while you're in the kitchen, can you fetch me some pretzels?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I don't hate ESFJs, I just pretend to hate them so INTPs will like me.

The answer is, because most of the people here are INTx, and don't like or understand their shadow type. The rest of us are just following the crowd.
    I'm an INTP and I like you a lot. You rock my world. I have Krispy Kremes at my place.

MBTI
    ENXP

The ESFJs I know are unfunny party poopers.

At their best, they try to hoard attention and then have no idea on what to do with it when they have it. At worst, they realize this fact and then go out of their way to ruin everyone else's fun.

I'd however respect the possibility of me being extremely biased, as I'm going off of an ESFJ friend and a sister, here.

MBTI
    CAT

Hum, I don't think that anyone doesn't like ESFJs. In the real world, they seem to belong to the 'most successful' types (in a social sense); they always have a lot of friends, lot of success with the other gender, people find them funny, outgoing and pleasurably "normal". They have a good sense of what is accepted, so they behave and look as acceptable as possible.

And that is probably the reason why it seems that people here hate them, because they are often the opposite of all mentioned above.

This is my general view of this, but if you want my personal opinion, I don't like the 'drama queen' nature of some ESFJ girls I know. When I was still in middle school and high school, it seemed to me that they often cried and pitied themselves for absolutely no reason (their social position was like, million times better than mine, and I didn't make a thousandth as much fuss about it as they did about their (in my eyes) petty problems). Also, now in university I've made an ESFJ friend who initially seemed very friendly, out-going and light-hearted to me, and we connected pretty well last year, but since we became flatmates this year, she's changed, and to my dismay she never stops nagging, she is extremely concerned about mundane things I don't give a damn about, and overall she's become very bitchy and unpleasant. And I confess that my experience with ESFJ males is even less pleasurable.

But still, there are definitely some ESFJs out there that I like, like the classmate of mine who doesn't nag or 'drama-queens' at all, just the opposite, she's extremely good-natured, jovial, sanguine and always brings good mood everywhere she comes. In the end it all depends on individual characteristics of the person, not really their general type, so don't worry about it too much.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I like ESFJs, just don't always find it easy to have the types of conversations that I like to have. I know 3 (?) ESFJs in real life and we are somewhat limited to talking about baking, knitting, celebrity backstabbing and interpersonal gossip. That's not to say that I don't enjoy those conversations or that all ESFJs have them to this extent. There is also a bit of the drama queen, like the poster above mentioned, and it gets a bit ridiculous at times. I mean, really, sometimes it's a bit... much.

I think any ExxJ is going to come off as overbearing and controlling, which turns people off sometimes. That being said, ExxJs are the types I get along with the best - straight shooters with good common sense (out of the pool of people I know personally).

Like someone else said, all types have their requisite "bad behavior" that is annoying. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

MBTI
    intp

ESFJ is really close to ISFJ and I really like the description of ISFJs. I don't know any ISFJs or ESFJs in person (actually... I probably know some but I just don't know that they're SFJs) but Charlotte in Sex and the City, for example, is an xSFJ, and she's reaally sweet.

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I like ESFJs, just don't always find it easy to have the types of conversations that I like to have. I know 3 (?) ESFJs in real life and we are somewhat limited to talking about baking, knitting, celebrity backstabbing and interpersonal gossip. That's not to say that I don't enjoy those conversations or that all ESFJs have them to this extent.
    Yeah, this is also true. It's not that I don't 'like' ESFJs, it's just that it's hard for me to connect with them on any other level than this. We talk about relationships and clothing, and that's about the end of it. I find it enjoyable, but not exactly 'fulfilling'. Besides, they usually find me 'weird', so we don't have much opportunity to really get to know each other in the first place.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

ESFJs can be fun to go nuts with.

Just be thankfull your not an ESTJ
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by ttrim View Post
    Hello there, I just joined today. I recently took the MBTI from a counselor and tested ESFJ. After coming here and reading all the posts it seems like my type is more of a curse for me. What are the reasons why everyone is so down on my type?
    Personally, I cannot understand it. Seems stupid and childish. The only thing I can figure is that the Fe is overly exasperating to some individuals where Fe is their main weakness.

With Te and Fe as my highest functions (yeah, I'm a weird cookie) I like it (in moderation).

Only problem comes when Fe is not checked by anything (reality).
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.