IEE Fi

Ask ISTPs how they feel about ESFJs
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    you're prototype to what society wants all of us to be! don't whine!
    Not all of us; just all women after the age of 25 or so.

ttrim, I hope this doesn't discourage you from posting here further. ESFJs are generally quite well liked in the "real world", though the attitude about them on forums like this one can get rather negative. Others have pretty much covered the reasons already. This forum is made up of mostly IN types, especially INPs. We tend to be quite different from ESJs in how we think and behave, and that can cause people to clash with each other. And, ESJs are relatively much more common in the real world and much less common on here, so this place can become a place to complain and vent about problems with them.

I personally do want to see more diversity on here though, so I hope you stick around. There are a few ESJs on here and they seem pretty accepted (as far as I can tell anyway, I haven't been around long).

And, it's possible you aren't an ESFJ anyway: those tests aren't always accurate, and often people change their minds about which type best fits them after learning more about the theory.

So, welcome.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ttrim View Post
    Hello there, I just joined today. I recently took the MBTI from a counselor and tested ESFJ. After coming here and reading all the posts it seems like my type is more of a curse for me. What are the reasons why everyone is so down on my type?
    I don't really understand... I like ESFJs personally.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Yeah unhealthy IPs are more likely to slip under most people's radars compared to unhealthy EJs.
    Yeah I can see that. But why especially that EJ type?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ?

Hey ttrim, welcome. Probably the best people I know are ESFJs - so I certainly hope you stick around.

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    ESFJs can be quite lovely when they've developed some of their tertiary Ne. They are very warm and friendly, and then the tertiary Ne gives them some wits to boot. I don't have anything against ESFJs. It's those ESTJs that annoy the shit out of me.
    Wow. I'm a teaspoon of extroversion away from ESTJ. This seems kind of harsh.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
    Wow. I'm a teaspoon of extroversion away from ESTJ. This seems kind of harsh.
    ESTJs can be kind of harsh. That's why they're annoying. They tend to be insensitive and overbearing.

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    ESTJs can be kind of harsh. That's why they're annoying. They tend to be insensitive and overbearing.
    One of my closest friends is ESTJ, and she's hilariously cynical. Did you ever see Raiders of the Lost Ark? You know the famously improvised scene with the sword-wielding guy who has all the fancy tricks? Jones watches for a minute, pulls out his gun and just shoots him. That's kind of how she is in conversation. She'll listen to someone turn something simple into something complex, and then she'll just bring it all back down to Earth with a witty remark. She's a lot more cynical than I am (kind of proudly grumpy, you know?) Every time I talk to her, she has another group of people who annoy her (most recently, suburban moms who bring their kids to city coffee shops). She's only in her 20s now, but when she's much older, she'll make the perfect curmudgeon. She's also a brilliant writer and can out-debate anyone.

I grant you, she won't give anyone the warm and fuzzies, but she is extremely witty and likable. I used to work with her, and she was sort of the organization's mascot.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

one of my best friends is a (possible) ESFJ and i love her!

i think it's just because they're pretty common and like someone else said, an irritating EJ is going to be a lot more noticeable than an irritating INFP for example

MBTI
    ESFJ

Hi ttrim *salutes* .. Don't pay to much attention to the profile, you do end up feeling like shit .. I am not a hard core ESFJ .. I'm currently ROFL, which says it all.

T'is life .. Some people you get on with, some you don't, I'm not losing any sleep over it. Neither should you.

See you around darling
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe