First 1234 Last

Thread: What Type am I?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I've tried this before and been flippant so I suppose I should break things down a little.

Firstly your most probably an NT because you display the mental flexibility which goes with that kind of thinking.

Secondly I'd guess your more E than I based some what on your post rate, I tend to see extroverts posting less unless something really grabs their attention where as the Is seem to just like thinking and this internet kind of inner chatting.

Thirdly I'd reinforce my guess that your more N than S as you seem to prefer to pick out the pattern more so than the specific. It's almost like you reinforce your pattern with information rather than use the information to tell you the pattern (if that makes much sense).

Fourthly despite your capability for detail I'd still place you as a P more so than a J. When I've read your longer posts you seem less clear than most Js I've read. Almost as if what you are stating as your opinion is subject to change (yes Js can change their minds but they seem to rarely point this out).

Previously you have made lots of posts about the world and how it should work and such, rearranging the world as you see it should be done, could be done or will be done. It seems to me like Te at work though I can't be 100% sure or even explain why, completely.

I still stick by the answer that I've given before. ENTP. Not the most a typical representative of that type perhaps but still I'm fairly sure that's your type.

You've never really said why that doesn't fit btw. Does ENTP seem right at all to you when you read the profiles? I'd be interested to hear what you think.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I hardly know my true type let alone yours. Good luck in your quest.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    That is the most worrying thing I have read all day. I suddeny feel conflicted over whether to eat myself or not.
    Silly. Let your faith devour you.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Firstly your most probably an NT because you display the mental flexibility which goes with that kind of thinking.
    Ah yes, "mental flexibility", which means what?

Quote Originally Posted by Xander
    Secondly I'd guess your more E than I based some what on your post rate, I tend to see extroverts posting less unless something really grabs their attention where as the Is seem to just like thinking and this internet kind of inner chatting.
    Huh?

Thirdly I'd reinforce my guess that your more N than S as you seem to prefer to pick out the pattern more so than the specific. It's almost like you reinforce your pattern with information rather than use the information to tell you the pattern (if that makes much sense).
    No, it doesn't make much sense.

Fourthly despite your capability for detail I'd still place you as a P more so than a J. When I've read your longer posts you seem less clear than most Js I've read. Almost as if what you are stating as your opinion is subject to change (yes Js can change their minds but they seem to rarely point this out).
    I didn't realise that "capability for detail" was a J/P thing.

Previously you have made lots of posts about the world and how it should work and such, rearranging the world as you see it should be done, could be done or will be done. It seems to me like Te at work though I can't be 100% sure or even explain why, completely.
    That's a Te thing? It sounds very common to me, especially of NF types.

I still stick by the answer that I've given before. ENTP. Not the most a typical representative of that type perhaps but still I'm fairly sure that's your type.
    Well I do look like Dr. Emmet Brown... if you squint, and are really far away.

You've never really said why that doesn't fit btw. Does ENTP seem right at all to you when you read the profiles? I'd be interested to hear what you think.
    It was a little loose around the hips. It's fascinating the metaphors we use to speak about the abstract...

I would have liked a few more insulting comments. I mean, come on, expose my bad side a little!
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I would have liked a few more insulting comments. I mean, come on, expose my bad side a little!
    Your clothing sense isn't much better than Carl Sagan's? (And he's been dead for how many years now?)

Sorry. I am not feeling particularly mean-spirited today... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by raincrow007 View Post
    You're not pistachio cream, are you? That flavor always made me a little ill.

(But I can handle coconut well enough.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Ah yes, "mental flexibility", which means what?

The capability to think as another person may think about a subject would be indicative of metal flexibility.
    Huh?

Extroverts don't seem to just post all the time. It's more like they drift on when bored or lacking other stuff to do and engage specific subjects which interest them. Introverts seem to meander about and mooch on internet forums. Like it's a comfy chat with mates on a sofa.
    No, it doesn't make much sense.

You seem to me to identify the patterns in life without having specific instances and then fill in the supporting specific instances later. That says N to me. S, IMO, would be more basing the pattern on the instances. Instances first, pattern second =S, pattern first, instances second = N.
    I didn't realise that "capability for detail" was a J/P thing.

Js tend to be more meticulous and methodical. That tends to lead to more details.
    That's a Te thing? It sounds very common to me, especially of NF types.

Are you saying Mr Clarkson is an NF?

I guess both types share it but you seem T-ish in your general style and hence I go for that.
    Well I do look like Dr. Emmet Brown... if you squint, and are really far away.

No idea. You sound like an ENTP, no idea what one looks like in general terms. The ENTP I know is quite neatly dressed.
    It was a little loose around the hips. It's fascinating the metaphors we use to speak about the abstract...

Again, don't know. It's rare I talk about anything else
    Your nose is crooked.
    You made Sarah Jane cry when you were 5.
    Errm...
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I just knew building a holiday home in the middle of the fire swamp was a bad idea. (btw, good memory)
    Eidetic to the last. Regarding the property, look on the bright side: you have ready resources for barbecue parties of fifteen or more.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Now that is just creepy talk.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    INTP

Now that is just creepy talk.
    So you find faith creepy, eh? How does she feel about that?

MBTI
    ESFJ

So you find faith creepy, eh? How does she feel about that?
    Perhaps disappointed. I have never asked how she feels about cannabalism.