• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I have no type... help me

What type is Babylon Candle?

• Total voters

VagrantFarce

When people ask you "where will you be 10-20 years from now", do you find it easy or hard to answer? Do you find yourself thinking this way a lot?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When people ask you "where will you be 10-20 years from now", do you find it easy or hard to answer? Do you find yourself thinking this way a lot?

I think I have some idea of where I'd like to be as far as my general happiness. There are certain things in my life that I enjoy, that I hope are still around in 10 to 20 years. However, I know there are better places/things to come. I would like to feel as needed as certain things afford me now, but in more areas of my life. When people ask me the question you did regarding career: I find it hard to answer.

Even so, I just have a general sense that I'm going better places. I do "know" where I'm going.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
What? He has Fe coming out of his arsehole :) Worrying about how his actions affect his relationship with others = pure, undiluted Fe.

Psht no!

What about the whole "I'm unique and have no type" thing? And the whole "no this isn't what I'm REALLY like on a deep down level, it's not the real me!" ?!"

VagrantFarce

Psht no!What about the whole "I'm unique and have no type" thing? And the whole "no this isn't what I'm REALLY like on a deep down level, it's not the real me!" ?!"

That's just indecision and being unable to relate to descriptions, that isn't neccessarilly indictiative of Fi. :)

I think I have some idea of where I'd like to be as far as my general happiness. There are certain things in my life that I enjoy, that I hope are still around in 10 to 20 years. However, I know there are better places/things to come. I would like to feel as needed as certain things afford me now, but in more areas of my life. When people ask me the question you did regarding career: I find it hard to answer.

Even so, I just have a general sense that I'm going better places. I do "know" where I'm going.

Do you find it easy to adapt to changing circumstances?

Do you find it easy to recall past experiences, to the point where your body feels like it's "reliving" the experience physically? Do you compare these past experiences to what is happening to you in new or unusual situations?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Just curious what you're getting at here....if you're using this as more of a J/P determiner, I think it's a poor one. I've never had a clue about my life x yrs down the line, nor set concrete goals with respect to that, and I'm a J.

VagrantFarce

Just curious what you're getting at here....if you're using this as more of a J/P determiner, I think it's a poor one. I've never had a clue about my life x yrs down the line, nor set concrete goals with respect to that, and I'm a J.

More of an Ni thing. I read it in a book. :coffee:

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you find it easy to adapt to changing circumstances?

Do you find it easy to recall past experiences, to the point where your body feels like it's "reliving" the experience physically? Do you compare these past experiences to what is happening to you in new or unusual situations?

I find it easy to adapt if its welcome change ;) (im not the type to be opposed to "change for change's sake").
I only really "physically" remember a few sports moments in my life (besides these, I dont really remember sensations unless im trying to). I'd chalk that up to the adrenaline and the finality those races seemed to hold at the time.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
That's just indecision and being unable to relate to descriptions, that isn't neccessarilly indictiative of Fi. :)

And worrying about how his reactions will affect others is more insecurity or low self esteem than they are indicative of Fe

EDIT: Also, babylon seems to very rarely worry about how his actions affect others, especially in light of his consistent Vent trolling.

VagrantFarce

Do you instinctively act in the moment? Do you experience life in vivid detail, moment to moment, without laying any more meaning on top of it? Paradoxically, do you sometimes "see-through" the meaning of things when not acting on your instincts? Do you like figuring out how things work, simply for the sake of knowing and exploring/discovering?

deleted
I would think, if you fit with NT more than NF, or just pick one of those. And then find information on the Ti-Ne mentality vs the Ni-Te mentality, and which ever one you relate to more. It can't be that hard. Then from there, you just have to chose introvert vs extrovert, or one function over the other. Ni-Te mentality is more J, but it's not specifically "J" like how all Js are defined. From what I can tell, there are 8 different Js, who all do different things, but the xNTJ for instance has more in common because of the top 2 functions. Same with the xNTP. So I would just say you might be making it harder than it is, and over-analyzing.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you instinctively act in the moment? Do you experience life in vivid detail, moment to moment, without laying any more meaning on top of it? Paradoxically, do you sometimes "see-through" the meaning of things when not acting on your instincts? Do you like figuring out how things work, simply for the sake of knowing and exploring/discovering?

I do like tinkering (I realize thats a blatant ISTP word, but I couldn't think of a neutral word). I like setting up new electronics and stuff. Figuring out how all the wires plug in and testing all of the buttons/options. I do not think of myself as a "tinkerer" though in my daily life. I was terrible in science labs (would fuck up measurements and the experiment in general a lot haha).

I am not instinctual in the sense of impulsive. I am the opposite of impulsive. I do listen to self preservation impulses a lot. When I listen to music I pay most of my attention to the "textural" layers in the music. I love instrumental or melody heavy music.

When reading (which I do a lot of), I tend to have that "see through sense" about the entirety of the article/chapter/story. I do not really share these thoughts though, and I dont tend to have them unless I'm sitting and reading/writing/pondering alone (i am alone a lot though).

VagrantFarce

A bit abstract, but do you relate to this?

Life can often seem like a battle in which it is necessary to make headway by applying more force in actions and struggling for control. The course each life takes is like a river and many people choose to swim against the current without realizing that, for all their frustrated efforts, they are making no progress. Giving yourself over to the natural flow of events can seem difficult or humbling, but in letting go of the need to always be in control and accepting that the universe is both benevolent and supportive, you will become able to access a peaceful and intuitive part of yourself and will find freedom from anxiety.

Surrender can be many things. It may involve simply acknowledging that you possess true control only over your own reactions and that a change in attitude can have a profound effect on your relationship with the world. It can mean that you have given yourself over to a natural flow of actions and events, setting goals without attaching conditions, to walk in step with the universe. Letting go and trusting that the journey is as important as the outcome will make coping with challenges a less fearful experience, but doing so requires confidence in one's self and the ability to accept that there is no "what should be." When you understand that certain things are out of your control and that whatever path you tread will be the right one, you will have less cause to doubt your own abilities and infinite opportunities to be satisfied with the moment.

As the future unfolds itself around you, you will flow with the stream of changes, accepting new directions and detours as they present themselves rather than fighting against the current. With this transformation will come simplicity, peace, and freedom, as you begin to cast aside the unhappiness, frustration, and resentment of strife in favor of a beautiful surrendered existence.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A bit abstract, but do you relate to this?

I dont identify with the surrender part at all. I do alot of the things the paragraph says not to do :D. Remember, I identify with enneagram 1.

VagrantFarce

I dont identify with the surrender part at all. I do alot of the things the paragraph says not to do :D. Remember, I identify with enneagram 1.

OK, I think it's fair to assume from now on that you're a J. ;) (or a really unhealthy IP, but we'll ignore that possibility for now). You said earlier you're definately not an S, which I'll also assume.

So, do you identify with descriptions of Introverted Intuition? e.g. this page talks a lot about it

Also, a fun exercise:

Stand up and visualize time as a continuum flowing from future to past. Spatially indicate with your hands where the future, present, and past are, respectively, in relation to yourself. Try to actually FEEL where they are around you by touching them with your hands. After you have done so (for real! -- not just in your head!), read this.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If he's a J, he must be an NTJ because he has Te.

Maybe he's an INTJ instead of an ENTJ. That means his Fi would be tertiary instead of inferior. It would also explain some of his more "introverted" qualities.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
OK, I think it's fair to assume from now on that you're a J. ;) (or a really unhealthy IP, but we'll ignore that possibility for now). You said earlier you're definately not an S, which I'll also assume.

So, do you identify with descriptions of Introverted Intuition? e.g. this page talks a lot about it

Also, a fun exercise:

Stand up and visualize time as a continuum flowing from future to past. Spatially indicate with your hands where the future, present, and past are, respectively, in relation to yourself. Try to actually FEEL where they are around you by touching them with your hands. After you have done so (for real! -- not just in your head!), read this.

according to that exercise, I'm an NJ