• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I have no type... help me

What type is Babylon Candle?

• Total voters

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I've been INFP, ENFP and ENTJ. I hated being INFP, I hated less being ENFP, and even less as ENTJ. But I still dont really fit any one type.

I feel like every type has little special abilities that makes them a type. I feel like any type i try on feels wrong. Like if I were to try on ISFJ id think, "wait, but i have terrible handwriting!". Say I tried INTP, "wait, but im not a math nazi!". Like every type i try on, something doesnt fit.

Currently I just feel way too gooey to be ENTJ (any detective work of my name would reveal this). Ive never understood this morality problem for the NTJs either.

I understand that my little stereotypes dont totally 'work'. However, I only use them as an example. Ive been around enough to know that the stereotypes arent totally true.

--im a lone wolf
--i can be one of the craziest and loudest people you've ever seen if its the right place (anyone who was here for Vent when i had a microphone knows)
--i have a condescending attitude towards people
--i secretly want to be liked
--i dont like large crowds intermingling for no reason (i hate bars)
--i dont mind large groups with a purpose (like a meeting, class room, or a dinner)
--im into some T things...
--i have some very F guilty pleasures...

So please, in total review of my time on this site (1000+ posts), what type am I?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Don't pin yourself on a type, please.
Just choose the type that fits best as a "first approximation" and add your own comments.

Example.
1) Tamske = ENTP
2) Tamske = 0,6 ENTP + 0,4 INTP (I have this in common with ENTP and that with INTP)
3) Tamske = 0,45 ENTP + 0,35 INTP + 0,20 ENFP (I have this in common with ENTP, that in common with INTP and that in common with ENFP)

I can go on. The numbers are approximations :D

Actually, most people are moderate. The extremes are exceptions. Don't beat yourself up for being moderate in this or that trait. If logic can't decide, why not use emotion?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Try to think about how you were as a kid.
Think about what first was, and what was later added onto your personality.
Every type can learn basically anything.
Hell, I even acquired introverted needs and my Introverted Feeling is coming along just fine.
I like watching romantic movies, even. Doesn't make me an F.

Keep it simple. Ask yourself type questions when you are in the situation of deciding what to do.
This isn't an exact science by any measure.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't pin yourself on a type, please.
Just choose the type that fits best as a "first approximation" and add your own comments.

Example.
1) Tamske = ENTP
2) Tamske = 0,6 ENTP + 0,4 INTP (I have this in common with ENTP and that with INTP)
3) Tamske = 0,45 ENTP + 0,35 INTP + 0,20 ENFP (I have this in common with ENTP, that in common with INTP and that in common with ENFP)

I can go on. The numbers are approximations :D

i think i get the concept... but i have no idea what you mean in practice...

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I feel like every type has little special abilities that makes them a type. I feel like any type i try on feels wrong. Like if I were to try on ISFJ id think, "wait, but i have terrible handwriting!". Say I tried INTP, "wait, but im not a math nazi!". Like every type i try on, something doesnt fit.

This is actually what I mean.
I'm sorry to have expressed it in math language - it's the language I speak the most fluently.

Take the type with which you share the most characteristics. Add your modifiers.
Like: "I'm mostly an ISFJ, but I have terrible handwriting and ..."

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is actually what I mean.
I'm sorry to have expressed it in math language - it's the language I speak the most fluently.

Take the type with which you share the most characteristics. Add your modifiers.
Like: "I'm mostly an ISFJ, but I have terrible handwriting and ..."

well id be an ENTJ who hates people almost as much as the INTPs, but secretly tries to help as much as the ENFJs, and an ENTJ who can be as flexible as the ENTP, but equally is as dependable and non-spontaneous as the ISFJs...

but all that leaves me at is XXXX...which is unacceptable

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
but all that leaves me at is XXXX...which is unacceptable

Why? Is it too bland?
Moderate is not equal to bland!
I'm a total introvert if you look at a certain set of characteristics (mostly the ones to do with socializing and smalltalk). I'm a total extravert if you look at another set of characteristics (like speaking in public, being open, being enthousiastic,...)
If you add all this, you'll get close to a zero on the E-I scale. But I'm not "neither introvert nor extravert" - in fact, I'm extreme in BOTH, depending on the situation!

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well id be an ENTJ who hates people almost as much as the INTPs, but secretly tries to help as much as the ENFJs, and an ENTJ who can be as flexible as the ENTP, but equally is as dependable and non-spontaneous as the ISFJs...

You must be pretty... stressed out. Remember your childhood? How would you type your former self?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Chuck a J in your type, you're definitely an enneagram 1. You seem certain that you're an intuitive, so there's another letter down. Most extroverts have described themselves in the manner that you have, and being an enneagram 1, you're probably gonna have a few introverted traits. So we're left with ENXJ.

T/F is a little difficult...

-by stats, 60 percent of guys are thinkers, so that kicks you off in the T direction
-you don't seem like an ENFJ
-your argument against you being a feeler isn't great :D

*gets irritated*

YOU'RE A FUCKING ENTJ OKAY? lol

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You sound like an ENTJ having an Fi meltdown. :)

:yes:

Your baby Fi is working so hard to try and figure out who you are, don't forget to put it down for a nap occasionally :hug:

You're ENTJ, hon. Always have been. Fi doesn't necessarily like people, it likes individuals. So it's perfectly understandable that even though you're extroverted and need stimulation from outside, you still end up resenting those people for being obnoxious, morons and in your way. If you'dve told me that I was a peopleperson and had potential people skills when I was younger, I'dve laughed at you bigtime. I *hated* people. I *hated* groups. I would've picked animals over people anyday. Still do. Now it's just 'I love people, but love animals more'. Back then it was 'people aren't worth it, animals rule as they're honest and don't put a knife in your back.' Immature Fi resents people for making such an emotional mess of thigns all the goddamn time. At least, mine did. I consider it 'emotional pollution'. It's like an NTJ getting annoyed at people being such inefficient morons.

Give it time and don't give up (though I hardly think you could even if you tried :D) ;)

Meanwhile, I suggest taking an Se-break and when you're destressed, focus on Ni. I've found the tip of developping your second function in order to improve all your functions to be quite true. Focus on Ni, Se and Fi will follow.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You sound like an ENTJ having an Fi meltdown. :)

:yes:

Your baby Fi is working so hard to try and figure out who you are, don't forget to put it down for a nap occasionally :hug:

You're ENTJ, hon.

Hmm... I was going to say that you've always screamed ENFP to me but that you haven't developed your Fi and have overcompensated with a shaky Te.

But that's just my observation...

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Chuck a J in your type, you're definitely an enneagram 1. You seem certain that you're an intuitive, so there's another letter down. Most extroverts have described themselves in the manner that you have, and being an enneagram 1, you're probably gonna have a few introverted traits. So we're left with ENXJ.

T/F is a little difficult...

-by stats, 60 percent of guys are thinkers, so that kicks you off in the T direction
-you don't seem like an ENFJ
-your argument against you being a feeler isn't great :D

*gets irritated*

YOU'RE A FUCKING ENTJ OKAY? lol

Just to explain the bolded a little further, on vent you said that you hold people to a certain standard. 1s feel that they can't let themselves or others make mistakes. Unless you used the profile to describe yourself, or don't do it in the manner described, you're an enneagram 1. They are almost never percievers, the reason you think you might be an ISFJ might be because a lot of ISFJs have the same enneagram.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Why is he an enneagram 1? Is there something that I've missed?

Also, just because 60% of guy are thinkers (which I doubt) doesn't mean that he is automatically one.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From what I recall, Bab is an enneagram 8.

8w7 even, if memory serves..

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Babylon I REALLY don't get ENTJ from you.

Also, why are these only intuitive options?

I think you really do need to think back to what you were like as a kid and what you consciously developed, that's what helped me figure my type out.

Then again maybe you're just overanalyzing

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
It's not f'in important. Take what you know about yourself, and work with it.