User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Babylon Candle?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

1 3.85%
  • INTJ

3 11.54%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • INFP

4 15.38%
  • ENFJ

4 15.38%
  • ENTJ

8 30.77%
  • ENTP

3 11.54%
  • ENFP

3 11.54%
First 5678917 Last

Hello

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I also thought there was no way I was an S. I also tested high in the intuitive categories (among other stuff that's wrong) in the cognitive processes test. And I have mistyped myself as an INTP, INFP, INTJ, INFJ, and ENFP. But I'll tell you what I am totally getting from you: ISTJ or ESTJ.

I, of course, may be wrong, but that's what I get, especially from your first posts in this thread. They instantly made me think of my ISTJ dad. (Not to mention you tossed ISFJ and ESFJ in there a couple of times.)

Don't rule out sensing. It doesn't mean that you are an unimaginative boring dumbass, contrary to what many people seem to think. My dad is one of the most eccentric, theoretical, and inventive people I know. But he is also no question an ISTJ.

Also, there is the whole tertiary trap business, which can be confusing. I know I often operate in Fi+Ni, so I can seem like an intuitive when I'm not. So if you are an ISTJ, that would mean you can get caught in this Si+Fi place, which could be why people keep on saying INFP.

But to me you don't seem Fi dominant at all.

Oh, and to whoever said that an NT would have done the research so Babylon Candle must be an NF, are you serious? I have researched the hell out of this stuff and I'm an SP.
    hmmm... ISTJ or ESTJ... Maybe I could have succeeded in this pre med thing after all! (I gave up btw). I agree with you that I'm not Fi dominant. Fi is only ever a negative thing for me. Its partly why I thought ENTJ for so long. Si however, I just dont relate to. The Si people i know are the type to say things like, "how do you know, when you've never done it?". I dont use past experience like a crutch. I did however watch the history channel religiously when I was about 6 to 10ish . To be honest though, the history channel is more about conspiracy theories than anything (that'd be Ni I guess ).

I have a lot of SJ extended family members... I dont relate to any of them. We definitely do not share a similar temperament or perspective. My sister (tested NF) and I always laugh at how SJ some of our relatives are.

brainheart

I would recommend reading the intuition thread we have going. I think there's some pretty insightful stuff on there. Maybe it will help?

Or that most accurate type test ever thread. I think that test is really good. Just make sure you tick off two boxes per question vs one if you feel like you do more than one of the answers.

I don't know. I think a lot of S types can have a harder time figuring it out, in all honesty, although people say it's the NFs primarily. I think it has to do with we want really specific examples for everything and if something doesn't fit us perfectly we think it must be wrong, vs just recognizing the principle of the whole thing. And I think we are more likely to answer the questions literally vs looking for the 'spirit' of the question.

That's been my experience, anyway.

brainheart

PS: Ruthie is pretty sure she's an SJ and she doesn't seem to be any of the things you see as SJ traits.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Ive thread through these before. It really depends on how I think about this page. I could take it multiple ways.

If I read through the page based on "what I feel I am good at". I will have certain reactions. If I read the through the page based on "how I spend my time thinking". I get still other reactions.

Its kind of like this: Is Seinfeld a show about Fe retards or Fe theorists (or both)? Difficult question depending on your perspective...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    PS: Ruthie is pretty sure she's an SJ and she doesn't seem to be any of the things you see as SJ traits.
    whose ruthie? what sort of things then does she identify as the "essence" of her SJness?

EDIT: i stole this from a thread of hers. I dont really relate to Si besides occasionally taking interest in the themes and archetypes of history.

Quote Originally Posted by ruthie
    I don't think it has to be Si, but it is something that I think is common to Si. For me, Si feels like there's something constantly anchoring me and pulling me "home" (I was the stereotypical homesick kid in the college dorm, for example). The people I know who use Ne as a dominant function seem to view the past as something to break free from rather than something to find comfort in. I'm also obsessed with the past and with historical fiction (well, historical anything) and I do see this as a result of Si. But that alone probably wouldn't be evidence of Si.

Quote:
    NFPs have Si (INFP tertiary, ENFP inferior) and I think mine must be awfully developed because in the "forest" scenario the Si description resonated most with me.

However, Ne seems to be "what I do" or what I'm good at. Si is more like a comfort zone...it relaxes me. When I'm walking I love to look at old houses. Old buildings and certain kinds of architecture (usually 18th, 19th, and early 20th century) just thrill and inspire me.

I just wonder how much all of this has to do with Si, if anything at all.
    Probably quite a lot. Your post over on the Southerners tribute thread really showed a lot of evidence of Si. There was an incredible nostalgia to it and an amazing use of detail to set the scene and really give the reader a sense of time and place. Plus, in a really subtle and sophisticated way, it used the kind of stereotyping I always notice as common to Si. Rather than fight against the Southern stereotype (as ByMySword had done), you just spun the stereotype in a positive way. The readers could smell the honeysuckle...

Quote:
    I'm also one of those people who is really "into" my early childhood: I love anything that reminds me of the time period before I was about six years old. Very big on nostalgia as a sort of personal comfort.
    Yeah, me too. This could be Si, or it could be related to the NF temperament. I think with Si, the past holds a privileged place of comfort and idealization, whereas with NFs, the past might just be one of many things that is idealized. I'm pretty realistic about the present, and I'm not that comfortable with change. Get me talking about either of those things, and you'd probably notice a bit of an edge with me - a flippant, sarcastic side that borders at times on cynicism. But nostalgia is my soft spot. I love seeing cars on the road with Christmas trees tied to the roof, because that evokes nostalgia, family, warmth, comfort, continuity, and all those things that naturally grab me.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    Ive thread through these before. It really depends on how I think about this page. I could take it multiple ways.

If I read through the page based on "what I feel I am good at". I will have certain reactions. If I read the through the page based on "how I spend my time thinking". I get still other reactions.

Its kind of like this: Is Seinfeld a show about Fe retards or Fe theorists (or both)? Difficult question depending on your perspective...
    imagine if you spent your time thinking and interacting with the world on your own terms (not just what others expect you to do, or what you've learned to do to get through your day at work or school) - what then?
    Hello

brainheart

I think the key is to get into a place where you are capable of seeing what you do vs what you would like to do or like to see yourself as. This can take awhile.

For example, that link vagrantfarce posted, I looked at that months ago (when I thought I was an INTP) and I thought- "huh, I totally suck at this cartoon stuff (the Ne), the Se is completely natural for me, as is the Fi, but the Ti looks fun, but I'm not going to actually do the exercise because it seems totally tedious. And I get like the Ni sometimes, especially when I'm in this weird, negative, isolationist space. This test must be flawed, because I am for sure an INXP."

Six months later, it all totally makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    That website is ridiculous.
    Anyone who would write a description of Ni like that, has lost their marbles.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That website is ridiculous.
    Anyone who would write a description of Ni like that, has lost their marbles.
    I relate to it quite well. Maybe it's a good description of tertiary Ni?

How would you describe it?