User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Babylon Candle?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

1 3.85%
  • INTJ

3 11.54%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • INFP

4 15.38%
  • ENFJ

4 15.38%
  • ENTJ

8 30.77%
  • ENTP

3 11.54%
  • ENFP

3 11.54%
First 2345614 Last

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post

As a kid I was very anti-social, but i was not a gloomy child (some smiles still). I had a HUGE imagination and preferred make believe play over a lot of other toys. I enjoyed directing other kids like our make believe games were a movie that we could "re-take" lol. I would be like "no no...you say it like *this* and then he can do *that* and it will be better/funnier/weirder etc". I played with legos A LOT. My biggest deal was always wanting to do things myself (i didnt want ANYONE to help me).

Basically in childhood I was somewhat like I am today. Most of the time I was quiet and imaginative in my head. Other times I was very directive and wanting to perform theatrics for random people. And again, I loved legos, lol.
    Yeah, you're trying to create too many MBTI correlations to enneagram types which really is unecessary! Enneagram doesn't work that way!

I like the reasoning for ENFP, I really do! You really seem like an ENTP to me but Te over Ti is pretty distinct so ENFP seems more accurate.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Hmm... I was going to say that you've always screamed ENFP to me but that you haven't developed your Fi and have overcompensated with a shaky Te.

But that's just my observation...
    This is my opinion as well. I've seen some ENFPs look at Fi with disdain, because it's like some party-pooper that keeps them from having the fun they want to have. So to counter that, they embrace Te.

ENFPs that do this sometimes have a very "J" vibe to them, as they become very bombastic in fighting for structure, control, and consistency in their environment.

Of course, I could also see ESTJ being a legitimate possibility.

MBTI
    INTJ

I agree with Jeffster.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

"I have no type."

INFP.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eye 'n' Teepee View Post
    "I have no type."

INFP.
    Or ISFP actually... if it's a female...
    ISTJ if it's a male.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I've seen Bab be really J though, being uncomfortable with flaky behavior and non-scheduled stuff. I agree that his Fi usually shows through when he's arguing a point, but it's usually done in a systematic Te way. And I cannot recall seeing any Ne. He usually has a clear goal, which would indicate Ni.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I've seen Bab be really J though, being uncomfortable with flaky behavior and non-scheduled stuff. I agree that his Fi usually shows through when he's arguing a point, but it's usually done in a systematic Te way. And I cannot recall seeing any Ne. He usually has a clear goal, which would indicate Ni.
    I think "being J" is something older P types do all the time, being organized and structured is part of growing up and being responsible lol. I think J/P is the hardest to figure out once you're older and develop these skills.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

...but Bab is in his early twenties
    I've always found him very goal-oriented in the talks I had with him, to the point where flakiness and flexibility and waiting for opportunities to come to him somewhat stressed him out.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    See, this is where male ENFPs can be confusing. I think some male ENFPs (and I could extend that to INFPs, because I've seen it in them as well) feel the need to be more structured and decisive as they are male. So they develop Te to a larger extent than female ENFPs and come off looking like ENTJs. My brother is one example of this: he orders people around when he needs to get something done, he has a planner (which he utilizes to a scary extent), he has some obsession with empirical thinking and debate. He's all about external goals. I'm sure if anyone saw him now they would type him as ENTJ, and I've seen him go from testing as ENTP to now a mid J. Mind you, he was super P as a child, but circumstances have forced him to take charge. I wouldn't say this applies to all male ENFPs, as I've known others where this is not the case, but for some, it is.

So I'm going with xNFP for you, BC. Not sure of I/E. But you don't seem quite like xNTJ as a natural fit, more of a forced fit, based on your posts that I've read in the past.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post

So I've been INFP, ENFP and ENTJ. I hated being INFP, I hated less being ENFP, and even less as ENTJ. But I still dont really fit any one type.

I feel like every type has little special abilities that makes them a type. I feel like any type i try on feels wrong. Like if I were to try on ISFJ id think, "wait, but i have terrible handwriting!". Say I tried INTP, "wait, but im not a math nazi!". Like every type i try on, something doesnt fit.

Currently I just feel way too gooey to be ENTJ (any detective work of my name would reveal this). Ive never understood this morality problem for the NTJs either.

The bolded parts indicate Fi value judgements (rather than logic/reason).

INFP or ENFP seem likely.

(assuming that ISFP and ESFP are being ruled out.)

Also, I've interacted with Babylon in Vent in the past.

My impression was either an outgoing INFP or an ENFP.

Then, considering the stuff about Babylon being an Enneagram 1, a picture is starting to form in my mind.

My rough guess at this point: He could be an INFP "chronically in the grip of shadow functions", like a "warped version of ESTJ."

Just a thought. Nothing conclusive.

I'd recommend Naomi Quenk's book, Was That Really Me?: How Everyday Stress Brings Out Our Hidden Personality.

She talks about people being "in the grip" of their Inferior function for long periods of time, even for years, or for most of their life!

I own the book, so I'll look through it and see if I can find anything useful.

To be continued......

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!