User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Babylon Candle?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

    1 3.85%
  • INTJ

    3 11.54%
  • INTP

    0 0%
  • INFP

    4 15.38%
  • ENFJ

    4 15.38%
  • ENTJ

    8 30.77%
  • ENTP

    3 11.54%
  • ENFP

    3 11.54%
First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 187

  1. #21
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    So I've been INFP, ENFP and ENTJ. I hated being INFP, I hated less being ENFP, and even less as ENTJ. But I still dont really fit any one type.

    I feel like every type has little special abilities that makes them a type. I feel like any type i try on feels wrong. Like if I were to try on ISFJ id think, "wait, but i have terrible handwriting!". Say I tried INTP, "wait, but im not a math nazi!". Like every type i try on, something doesnt fit.

    Currently I just feel way too gooey to be ENTJ (any detective work of my name would reveal this). Ive never understood this morality problem for the NTJs either.

    I understand that my little stereotypes dont totally 'work'. However, I only use them as an example. Ive been around enough to know that the stereotypes arent totally true.

    --im a lone wolf
    --i can be one of the craziest and loudest people you've ever seen if its the right place (anyone who was here for Vent when i had a microphone knows)
    --i have a condescending attitude towards people
    --i secretly want to be liked
    --i dont like large crowds intermingling for no reason (i hate bars)
    --i dont mind large groups with a purpose (like a meeting, class room, or a dinner)
    --im into some T things...
    --i have some very F guilty pleasures...




    So please, in total review of my time on this site (1000+ posts), what type am I?

    That is not enough information. What are "T things" and "guilty F pleasures"? The only thing i'm seeing based on this post is "socially awkward."

    I think you'll have to read in depth on all the suspected types to find out what one you are.

    I'm not sure how I would type you based on your posts. I spose I would have to pay more attention.

  2. #22
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    What makes you believe you are an N type? I noticed you didn't put any S types on the poll.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  3. #23
    desert pelican Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    717

    Default

    I'd think you're an NT. Probably INTJ or ENTJ.

  4. #24
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    What makes you believe you are an N type? I noticed you didn't put any S types on the poll.
    yea, didn't even notice that. I knew there was a reason I was having trouble answering.

  5. #25
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    I feel like every type has little special abilities that makes them a type. I feel like any type i try on feels wrong. Like if I were to try on ISFJ id think, "wait, but i have terrible handwriting!". Say I tried INTP, "wait, but im not a math nazi!". Like every type i try on, something doesnt fit.
    Here, you are associating the types with their oddities. It's a great way to learn the types, but oddities are... oddities. You probably have oddities too, but it would be VERY surprising if they are exactly the same as the ones listed in the "stereotype" threads. There are just too many oddities.

    I suggest you read the "describe balanced types" thread. There, we're trying to describe the types in a general way and not with the oddities. (And, if you want a challenge, try to add some descriptions there...)

  6. #26
    Babylon Candle Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    Babylon, try typing yourself through this thread... it's the 'best fit' method and may work for you.

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...your-type.html
    I looked at this thread. I feel like I do all of these things though. Im neither informing nor directing. Behind the scenes nor in-charge. Im just kind of doing my own thing...


    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Chuck a J in your type, you're definitely an enneagram 1. You seem certain that you're an intuitive, so there's another letter down. Most extroverts have described themselves in the manner that you have, and being an enneagram 1, you're probably gonna have a few introverted traits. So we're left with ENXJ.

    T/F is a little difficult...

    -by stats, 60 percent of guys are thinkers, so that kicks you off in the T direction
    -you don't seem like an ENFJ
    -your argument against you being a feeler isn't great

    *gets irritated*

    YOU'RE A FUCKING ENTJ OKAY? lol
    I feel like too much of a Fe failure to be ENFJ...though I'd love to have those powers :P...

    I dont identify with 1w2 or 1w9 at that much. I have however been called a puritan/amish sometimes due to my standards and such. I do identify with 1 most consistently. At times I can see 7, 8, 9, 5 or even 4. I still think straight up 1 is probably best.


    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post


    Your baby Fi is working so hard to try and figure out who you are, don't forget to put it down for a nap occasionally

    You're ENTJ, hon. Always have been. Fi doesn't necessarily like people, it likes individuals. So it's perfectly understandable that even though you're extroverted and need stimulation from outside, you still end up resenting those people for being obnoxious, morons and in your way. If you'dve told me that I was a peopleperson and had potential people skills when I was younger, I'dve laughed at you bigtime. I *hated* people. I *hated* groups. I would've picked animals over people anyday. Still do. Now it's just 'I love people, but love animals more'. Back then it was 'people aren't worth it, animals rule as they're honest and don't put a knife in your back.' Immature Fi resents people for making such an emotional mess of thigns all the goddamn time. At least, mine did. I consider it 'emotional pollution'. It's like an NTJ getting annoyed at people being such inefficient morons.

    Give it time and don't give up (though I hardly think you could even if you tried )

    Meanwhile, I suggest taking an Se-break and when you're destressed, focus on Ni. I've found the tip of developping your second function in order to improve all your functions to be quite true. Focus on Ni, Se and Fi will follow.
    x 1000

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Hmm... I was going to say that you've always screamed ENFP to me but that you haven't developed your Fi and have overcompensated with a shaky Te.

    But that's just my observation...
    I think on my own ENFP seems like an okay guess, if you ignore my enneagram 1. However im often overwhelmed and upset with 'the actual' ENFPs that i know. It always serves to remind me that "how in the world did I ever think I could be flakey/carefree/freeflow enough to be ENFP!?"


    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Just to explain the bolded a little further, on vent you said that you hold people to a certain standard. 1s feel that they can't let themselves or others make mistakes. Unless you used the profile to describe yourself, or don't do it in the manner described, you're an enneagram 1. They are almost never percievers, the reason you think you might be an ISFJ might be because a lot of ISFJs have the same enneagram.
    I agree that 1's are almost always J's. Though ENTJ is a pretty atypical type for 1 isnt it? Arent most 1s like ISTJ (or even ENFJ)?

    Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    Babylon I REALLY don't get ENTJ from you.

    Also, why are these only intuitive options?

    I think you really do need to think back to what you were like as a kid and what you consciously developed, that's what helped me figure my type out.

    Then again maybe you're just overanalyzing
    As a kid I was very anti-social, but i was not a gloomy child (some smiles still). I had a HUGE imagination and preferred make believe play over a lot of other toys. I enjoyed directing other kids like our make believe games were a movie that we could "re-take" lol. I would be like "no no...you say it like *this* and then he can do *that* and it will be better/funnier/weirder etc". I played with legos A LOT. My biggest deal was always wanting to do things myself (i didnt want ANYONE to help me).

    Basically in childhood I was somewhat like I am today. Most of the time I was quiet and imaginative in my head. Other times I was very directive and wanting to perform theatrics for random people. And again, I loved legos, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    That is not enough information. What are "T things" and "guilty F pleasures"? The only thing i'm seeing based on this post is "socially awkward."

    I think you'll have to read in depth on all the suspected types to find out what one you are.

    I'm not sure how I would type you based on your posts. I spose I would have to pay more attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    What makes you believe you are an N type? I noticed you didn't put any S types on the poll.

    the one thing im 10000000% sure of is that I'm not an S type. I know too many people who have taken the test and what they are "all about". Im just not an S. People are going to have to just accept that .


    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I'd think you're an NT. Probably INTJ or ENTJ.
    thanks for the input. I think INTJ sometimes fits better than ENTJ due to my introvertedness...however other times im too much 'on stage' to be INTJ (that and im not a super genius).

  7. #27
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    No offense, but I believe that any NTJ would have done the research sufficiently to know that introversion in the MBTI sense has nothing to do with shyness. It is in the way you gather or process information. And being an NT has nothing to do with being smart. Anyone can be smart. Or stupid. So, xNTJ seems unlikely, for that reason and a few other reasons that I have noticed. NFJ maybe. Maybe.

    Are you sure that you are an enneagram 1 all the time? Or are you a 1 in this particular phase of your life?

    I leaned toward ENFP because almost every ENFP I have come across has questioned their type to such extreme measures. Almost every ENFP that I know doesn't like to be pinned down to a type and will find one description in every other type to cling to, to prove their point about how they transcend type. As far as ENFPs being flaky, well, they say the same about ENTPs but I assert that it could be nature vs nurture. I might be flaky in some respects, but I am always on time for an appointment because my mom taught me to be. Simple as that.

    The fact that you like to do your own thing rather than direct or inform also makes me lean toward ENFP. You could also be ENTP. But it depends (seriously) if your puritanical ways are the standard you hold people up to, or what you apply to yourself. And I haven't seen too much Ti processing from my basic observation. You keep talking about what feels right, not the actual reasons behind your confusion.

    If you thought you were ENTJ, then you must be working with a lot of Te, which is the ENFP tert function and is easy for a male in this society to develop because Fi is not considered "masculine" in many groups and is often undercooked in a lot of males.

    The fact that you said that you have puritanical standards looks like you have Fi hidden in there, peeking out. Or you are misunderstanding its role as it applies to you.

    But at the end of the day, why does it really matter?

  8. #28
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    INFP based on your first few posts.

    A desire to be special and the kind of imagination where you can postulate that you're any type plus that darned reflection thing where you can and will try to match up to expectations.

    Do I get cookie?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  9. #29
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    I was gonna say INFP too, but he doesn't seem mopey enough.

  10. #30
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I was gonna say INFP too, but he doesn't seem mopey enough.
    I can hear my INFP friend rant from here

    The mopiness isn't persistent. I'm thinking this one has a healthy dose of the ESTJ shadow.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Similar Threads

  1. I don't know my mbti type. Help me pleaseee
    By kath in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-11-2017, 09:46 PM
  2. So confused about my type, HELP ME
    By kathleen in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-20-2016, 10:13 AM
  3. No type fits me ! Help me find my type !
    By Danali in forum Socionics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-05-2016, 01:01 PM
  4. New to the forum, old hat at MBTI, but still uncertain of type, help me?
    By Medtnertunes in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 04:14 PM
  5. In Charity There is No Excess - Help Type Me!!
    By Applez in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 10:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO