User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Babylon Candle?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

1 3.85%
  • INTJ

3 11.54%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • INFP

4 15.38%
  • ENFJ

4 15.38%
  • ENTJ

8 30.77%
  • ENTP

3 11.54%
  • ENFP

3 11.54%
First 816171819 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Ne generates many possibilities.
    Enneagram 1's allege there is one "right" or "perfect" way to do something.
    That's a head-on collision of contradiction with Ne (ENFP).
    That's a good point. Do you think Babylon is like that though? I don't get a "my way or the highway" vibe from him.

Here's a little extra food for thought, from the enneagram institute site:

Misidentifying Ones and Nines
    Usually this mistype is caused by confusion about the wing and dominant type: is the person a Nine with a One-wing or a One with a Nine-wing? In some cases, with a strong wing, this can be a difficult call. Both can be idealistic, philosophical, and somewhat withdrawn. Neither feels comfortable with their anger. Usually, the Nine's reluctance to get into conflicts is the easiest way to discern these adjacent types. Average Nines want to maintain peace in their lives, and while they may hold strong personal convictions, they generally do not want to argue about them with people–especially people with whom they have an emotional attachment. For Ones, however, the principle is foremost, and Ones will drive home their point to convert the other to their view, even if it risks creating upsets and arguments. ("The truth is the truth.")

While Nines can be hard workers, it does not take much to convince them that a break would be useful. They enjoy down time, and tend to have difficulty shifting gears from relaxation to activity or vice versa. Ones are extremely driven and have difficulty tearing themselves away from their various projects to take a rest or relax. They feel anxious when they are not being productive (like Threes), and want to get back to work to avoid attacks from their superego.

Another distinction can be found in how the two types handle stress. Nines initially become more emotionally disengaged and resistant, but eventually become more anxious and reactive as they go to Six. Ones, initially become more fervent in their efforts to convince the other that they are right, but then collapse into moodiness and a tight-lipped testiness as they go to Four.

Now, that being said, I consider myself a 9wing, but I have stood up in front of hundreds of people to argue for what I feel is right, and have risked much to do so. I constantly feel like I am wasting time if I am not working on my projects. So do I think these describe everyone perfectly? No. But perhaps this little snippet will help Babylon discern some additional feelings on the topic.

I'm not an enneagram or MBTI expert, and ultimately only Babylon can come to a type conclusion. I can go from what I sense, and he does seem more driven to me than the average ENFP. I am not 100% confidently feeling the J vibe, the outward Fe conclusiveness. There's definitely something pushing him, something that doesn't allow him to relax and explore who he is. A restlessness if you will.

I have thought on LL's recent transition too, from ENFP to ESTJ. Reflected on the relevance of that here. Again, I just don't feel the decisiveness. I feel the conviction, just not the sweeping confidence that generally holds hands with it.

Curious to see how this continues to unwind. I am happy to share my feelings, whatever label they belong to.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    That's a good point. Do you think Babylon is like that though? I don't get a "my way or the highway" vibe from him.

Here's a little extra food for thought, from the enneagram institute site:

Misidentifying Ones and Nines
    Usually this mistype is caused by confusion about the wing and dominant type: is the person a Nine with a One-wing or a One with a Nine-wing? In some cases, with a strong wing, this can be a difficult call. Both can be idealistic, philosophical, and somewhat withdrawn. Neither feels comfortable with their anger. Usually, the Nine's reluctance to get into conflicts is the easiest way to discern these adjacent types. Average Nines want to maintain peace in their lives, and while they may hold strong personal convictions, they generally do not want to argue about them with people–especially people with whom they have an emotional attachment. For Ones, however, the principle is foremost, and Ones will drive home their point to convert the other to their view, even if it risks creating upsets and arguments. ("The truth is the truth.")

While Nines can be hard workers, it does not take much to convince them that a break would be useful. They enjoy down time, and tend to have difficulty shifting gears from relaxation to activity or vice versa. Ones are extremely driven and have difficulty tearing themselves away from their various projects to take a rest or relax. They feel anxious when they are not being productive (like Threes), and want to get back to work to avoid attacks from their superego.

Another distinction can be found in how the two types handle stress. Nines initially become more emotionally disengaged and resistant, but eventually become more anxious and reactive as they go to Six. Ones, initially become more fervent in their efforts to convince the other that they are right, but then collapse into moodiness and a tight-lipped testiness as they go to Four.

Now, that being said, I consider myself a 9wing, but I have stood up in front of hundreds of people to argue for what I feel is right, and have risked much to do so. I constantly feel like I am wasting time if I am not working on my projects. So do I think these describe everyone perfectly? No. But perhaps this little snippet will help Babylon discern some additional feelings on the topic.

I'm not an enneagram or MBTI expert, and ultimately only Babylon can come to a type conclusion. I can go from what I sense, and he does seem more driven to me than the average ENFP. I am not 100% confidently feeling the J vibe, the outward Fe conclusiveness. There's definitely something pushing him, something that doesn't allow him to relax and explore who he is. A restlessness if you will.

I have thought on LL's recent transition too, from ENFP to ESTJ. Reflected on the relevance of that here. Again, I just don't feel the decisiveness. I feel the conviction, just not the sweeping confidence that generally holds hands with it.

Curious to see how this continues to unwind. I am happy to share my feelings, whatever label they belong to.
    well when I read this description of 1s, I just "know" that its me. I can identify things that people (who know me well) actually say about me:

Type 1(Instinctive Triad)

Ones idealize a moral purity that both transcends reality and is the foundation of it. They see the world through their perceptual filter of how things could be improved, the ideal as opposed to the real, which leads to a constant dissatisfaction with reality. They are eternally frustrated with all the flaws around them and with their eye for improvement feel it is their mission to fix them. They take pride in not wavering in their convictions no matter how unpopular and in resolutely pointing out the right way everybody ought to abide by. When everyone adheres to the same rules/ideals/principles there is fairness and order...and when people break the rules ones truly resent that. "You can't do that because if everyone did what you did..." is a common type one stream of consciousness.

Ones have the strongest inner critic of all types and justify their moral authority to "point out the right way" by constantly putting more effort into being good or virtuous than others. Due to their strict superego there is no type that feels as guilty for being "bad" and harder on themselves to be perfectly good. They are not just conscientious disciplined competent and reliable people who hold themselves accountable to do what they are supposed to do. They go further in the self-control department by continually repressing their "dirty" desires and restricting their indulgences. The more self-control they consistently maintain the more upright they are and the more they've earned both their right to point out how things should be and their duty to hold their enviornment as well as themselves to ideals.

Ones being perfectionists tend to be uptight and anal-retentive about things and aren't the easiest people to get along with. They practice what they preach however which many find sincere and refreshing in an image-dominated society filled with hypocrisy. They continually hold themselves to their own high standards. They do their duty and are dedicated to standing up for what's right through thick and thin as those are extensions of their perseverance. They are also the least likely type to be full of themselves, so much so one gets the sense that they couldn't promote themselves even if they tried.

I said "right" or "perfect" way.
    There is a big difference in meaning between those two words and "my way or the highway."

To answer you, no, I do not get a "my way or the highway" vibe from him.
    But that is only from my limited exposure to him online.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I said "right" or "perfect" way.
    There is a big difference in meaning between those two words and "my way or the highway."

To answer you, no, I do not get a "my way or the highway" vibe from him.
    But that is only from my limited exposure to him online.
    "my way or the high way" implies a degree of confrontation that is not necessarily present with believing in a "right" or "perfect way". So I would agree with you that I'm not so much of a "my way or the high way" person. Im not afraid of presenting what I think is right though. Ive stood up to religious teachers, econ professors, right wing and left wing extremists...and peguy

(peguy: i hope you realize that i'm kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    Ive stood up to religious teachers, econ professors, right wing and left wing extremists...and peguy

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    Im not afraid of presenting what I think is right though. Ive stood up to religious teachers, econ professors, right wing and left wing extremists...
    How do you feel when you do this? Describe your internal state and the external expression of it to me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

How do you feel when you do this? Describe your internal state and the external expression of it to me.
    I feel more like a messenger to those listening, than a debater with the person I'm arguing with. I feel like I'm able to pick out the "secret world view" that lies behind what the speaker is espousing, a worldview that the listeners might not actually/nor should they believe in (and they oughta know!). Its not so much that I have an urge to tell someone they are wrong. Its more that I worry about the minds around me being mislead. There are times though, where even if I know the people around me don't believe in the "secret worldview" behind what is being espoused, I'll let it continue (if I believe its for their own good).

If I know that my speaking up won't change anyone's mind, then I wont even bother speaking up. I will just sit there and bite my lip.

Internally, I just feel compelled to say something. Externally, I first take inventory to see if its even worth it (will people listen), and then I either bite my lip, or speak up to provide information.

How can this "secret worldview" be interpreted as anything but raging, unequivocal Ni!

Step 1: Go to User Control Panel
    Step 2: Go to Edit Your Details
    Step 3: Select the MBTI Type box
    Step 4: Bash these keys on your keyboard with your forehead: E, N, F, J
    Step 5: Press "Save Changes"
    Step 6: ??
    Step 7: PROFIT
    Hello

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

OK, good.

How do you feel emotionally, generally speaking (realizing that different scenarios could evoke unique responses) - excited, nervous, conflicted (should you or should you not speak), relaxed, contemplative, scared, self-conscious ...

You get the idea. Expand this part.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    How can this "secret worldview" be interpreted as anything but raging, unequivocal Ni!
    LOL, good post.

Remember though that Babylon has been pondering this question for so long that he knows the lingo that accompanies any and all possible MBTI types and could use it consciously or unconsciously to steer towards any outcome. Don't rely on a word or phrase to hang a function on.

His knowledge is a hindrance here and we needs to catch him unawares ...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

OK, good.

How do you feel emotionally, generally speaking (realizing that different scenarios could evoke unique responses) - excited, nervous, conflicted (should you or should you not speak), relaxed, contemplative, scared, self-conscious ...

I feel nervous when what I'm saying basically comes down to secretly telling people they are stupid/immature (a lot of those thoughts I've learned to keep inside). I would say this is evidence of "feeling conflicted", but I actually never feel conflicted on this (I have learned to know whether I should say it or not).

I'm excited if I know those around me will at least be receptive, or if I feel its for their own good. I obviously get scared if I know some people will forever think of me differently for saying what I say (I generally weigh that before hand though).

I think feeling self conscious, or relaxed, just has to do with the frequency that you speak up (I have learned that the people around me in my current life have no further interests except drinking and bars...so I dont speak up as much any more because I know that I would never be able to affect anyone's thought process).