User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Babylon Candle?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

    1 3.85%
  • INTJ

    3 11.54%
  • INTP

    0 0%
  • INFP

    4 15.38%
  • ENFJ

    4 15.38%
  • ENTJ

    8 30.77%
  • ENTP

    3 11.54%
  • ENFP

    3 11.54%
First 61415161718 Last

Results 151 to 160 of 187

  1. #151
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    I get INFP on the HumanMetrics test: moderate introvert, moderate intuitive, moderate feeler, mildly expressed perceiver.

  2. #152
    Babylon Candle Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    INFP.
    Why?

    I think it stems from one convo we had where we thought I was a 4 (like years ago). Im 1000000% positive that im 1w9 sp/sx (I have no uncertainties on my E type).

    I think I've had skewed views of how these types actually manifest (i've started giving my friends the test -- spreading the cult ). Now that I can actually attach what, for example, an ENTJ or INTJ looks like in real life, I realize that I'm probably not them. The same goes for INFP.

    I think my actual self irl, is probably a lot different than what I project online. I have to thank JJ for bringing this to my attention .

  3. #153
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    I remember your intro thread, dood.

    You seemed like an INFP, and you came as an INFP.

    First impressions are lasting impressions.

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  4. #154
    Babylon Candle Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    I remember your intro thread, dood.

    You seemed like an INFP, and you came as an INFP.

    First impressions are lasting impressions.

    what if I told you I was probably under some sort of depression then? I had basically lost my identity around that time. I had had the athlete role my entire middle school through highschool experience. I then suddenly in college felt like I had no crowd (no more sports team). I think there's some truth to the joke that anyone who is depressed types IXFP. I started not typing INFP around the time I started feeling comfortable as "the pre med guy" (I think that would be about 2 years ago)...

  5. #155
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    From a testing point of view isn't it more usual that if someone types as "kind of" a J that they are more likely to be a P?

    I'm fairly sure that's true from a test moderators point of view.

    Just thought that might help.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  6. #156
    Babylon Candle Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    From a testing point of view isn't it more usual that if someone types as "kind of" a J that they are more likely to be a P?

    I'm fairly sure that's true from a test moderators point of view.

    Just thought that might help.
    I think this assumes that J is some sort of "improvement" or something to be "earned" above the P. I'm not saying that you actually intentionally meant that. I do however relate it to the "INFP until proven otherwise" bias that I see on various forums.

    The assumptions go like this:

    I's have to be E sometimes. Therefore if you're not super E, then you're an I trying to be E.
    F's have to be T sometimes. Therefore if you're not super T, then you're an F trying to be T.
    Ps have to be J sometimes. Therefore if you're not super J, then you're a P trying to be J.

    I think the assumptions are flawed (and I'm not accusing you xander of having this sentiment). If it really only worked uni-directionally like the assumptions above, then it really would make ENTJ seem like this earned type above INFP. A hierarchy where the INFJ is "earned" above the INFP begins to emerge.

    Why can't it work like this too:
    E's have to be I sometimes. Therefore if you're not super I, then you're an E trying to be I.
    T's have to be F sometimes. Therefore if you're not super F, then you're a T trying to be F.
    Js have to be P sometimes. Therefore if you're not super P, then you're a J trying to be P.

    Logically the above is no more ridiculous than the first set of assumptions. Yet, it still bugs most people to read the second ones more than the first ones. I think it uncovers in an inherent "improvement" bias related to E, T and J.

    Any thoughts or critics?

  7. #157
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Response: Some people are just effing stupid. Some of those people make stupid claims. I wouldn't take it too seriously.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  8. #158
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    From a testing point of view isn't it more usual that if someone types as "kind of" a J that they are more likely to be a P?

    I'm fairly sure that's true from a test moderators point of view.

    Just thought that might help.
    That seems to be the thinking, after all, the pace of life is more conducive to Js. But I guess it would depend on the J as well. Most INFJs I know don't test as strongly J, but they are still J. It has been my experience, however, that Ps are more likely to mistype as Js than vice versa.

    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    I think this assumes that J is some sort of "improvement" or something to be "earned" above the P. I'm not saying that you actually intentionally meant that. I do however relate it to the "INFP until proven otherwise" bias that I see on various forums.

    The assumptions go like this:

    I's have to be E sometimes. Therefore if you're not super E, then you're an I trying to be E.
    F's have to be T sometimes. Therefore if you're not super T, then you're an F trying to be T.
    Ps have to be J sometimes. Therefore if you're not super J, then you're a P trying to be J.

    I think the assumptions are flawed (and I'm not accusing you xander of having this sentiment). If it really only worked uni-directionally like the assumptions above, then it really would make ENTJ seem like this earned type above INFP. A hierarchy where the INFJ is "earned" above the INFP begins to emerge.

    Why can't it work like this too:
    E's have to be I sometimes. Therefore if you're not super I, then you're an E trying to be I.
    T's have to be F sometimes. Therefore if you're not super F, then you're a T trying to be F.
    Js have to be P sometimes. Therefore if you're not super P, then you're a J trying to be P.

    Logically the above is no more ridiculous than the first set of assumptions. Yet, it still bugs most people to read the second ones more than the first ones. I think it uncovers in an inherent "improvement" bias related to E, T and J.

    Any thoughts or critics?
    I disagree. If anything, on this forum, there is bias towards Perceiving and a slight bias towards Introversion. E and J are not aspired to, especially not in the same type. I'll give it to you that T is preferred.

    I agree that INFP seems to be what people tend to type those who are questioning their type for a while. It is not for the above reasons though. xNFPs just seem to question their type more often, or wish to be another type, for whatever reason.

  9. #159
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    Is this a good test? HumanMetrics

    Your Type is
    ENFJ
    Extraverted.....Intuitive.....Feeling.....Judging
    11................... 88............62............89

    • slightly expressed extravert
    • very expressed intuitive personality
    • distinctively expressed feeling personality
    • very expressed judging personality
    Wow...if you got that high of an F on the Humanmetrics test, seems likely you're F. That's a pretty marked preference, as opposed to the E/I.

    As for myself, I never liked that test, because I always tested INTJ on it. But that's probably more Me than the test itself. In the end my F/T isn't a terribly obvious preference - at least when it comes to typical mbti questions asked - which seems to be why the tests are very hit-or-miss for me. (Or perhaps I'm fooling you all and I'm really INTJ. Bwhahaha)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  10. #160
    Babylon Candle Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I disagree. If anything, on this forum, there is bias towards Perceiving and a slight bias towards Introversion. E and J are not aspired to, especially not in the same type. I'll give it to you that T is preferred.

    I agree that INFP seems to be what people tend to type those who are questioning their type for a while. It is not for the above reasons though. xNFPs just seem to question their type more often, or wish to be another type, for whatever reason.
    If you will allow me to point out: I think you actually agree with me in belief, yet you disagree in attitude.

    I agree that there is a bias towards I and P, as in people are more likely to be I and P here. The belief I was pointing out was actually one you seem to agree with (even if you dont know it), that E T and J are seen as something "built on top" of I F and P. I dont mean all Is and Ps aspire to be E Tor J. What I do mean is that its almost like people look for positive confirmation of E T and J. Minus this positive confirmation, people then just default to I F and P. This implies that there is almost a hierarchy, even if the IPs claim to not aspire to EJness. It implies that I F and P are simply the absence of E, T and J.

    Your reasoning about INFPs further elucidates that you agree in belief, but are of the attitude that this is okay.

    When an ISFJ talks about how she might be ESFJ, things usually go normal. When an INFP questions her type, people want to put her back in her box, which implies that she lacks the "positive confirmation" that folk typology requires of E T or J. Its almost like the burden of positive proof lies on the I F and P to "earn" E T J. There seems to be no burden of proof on the E T or J to "earn" I F or P.

Similar Threads

  1. I don't know my mbti type. Help me pleaseee
    By kath in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-11-2017, 09:46 PM
  2. So confused about my type, HELP ME
    By kathleen in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-20-2016, 10:13 AM
  3. No type fits me ! Help me find my type !
    By Danali in forum Socionics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-05-2016, 01:01 PM
  4. New to the forum, old hat at MBTI, but still uncertain of type, help me?
    By Medtnertunes in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 04:14 PM
  5. In Charity There is No Excess - Help Type Me!!
    By Applez in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 10:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO