User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Babylon Candle?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

1 3.85%
  • INTJ

3 11.54%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • INFP

4 15.38%
  • ENFJ

4 15.38%
  • ENTJ

8 30.77%
  • ENTP

3 11.54%
  • ENFP

3 11.54%
First 31112131415 Last

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    according to that exercise, I'm an NJ
    I have a feeling that it only applies to introverted types

this page is a wonderful read, btw
    Hello

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Wait, what? Some people would actually say the future is to the right? Why the right?

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    Wait, what? Some people would actually say the future is to the right? Why the right?
    It's not so much that the future is on the right, but the idea that NPs feel more like observers of time passing by them.
    Hello

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    OK, I think it's fair to assume from now on that you're a J. (or a really unhealthy IP, but we'll ignore that possibility for now). You said earlier you're definately not an S, which I'll also assume.
    ISTP could work...though I feel like I care too much to be an ISTP. Ages 5 to 9 though I got in trouble A LOT. sometimes I forget that. Usually though it was because I couldnt communicate, or find the words to say (some language learning issues) and I would just use force (i really dont remember my mindset then!). My dad is ISTP. I feel like we have similarities, but he's definitely more S than me, is less organized, is less introspective, and is less feely and less into learning for its own sake (though I do like him a lot ). I'm much more critical of overly Se things.

So, do you identify with descriptions of Introverted Intuition? e.g. this page talks a lot about it

Also, a fun exercise:

Stand up and visualize time as a continuum flowing from future to past. Spatially indicate with your hands where the future, present, and past are, respectively, in relation to yourself. Try to actually FEEL where they are around you by touching them with your hands. After you have done so (for real! -- not just in your head!), read this.
    I'm definitely NJ over NP based on that description. When I picture time, I feel myself and everything around me being "stretched" both towards the future and then behind me towards the past (ie 4 dimensions). I feel that the current "time location" is simply one locus and I continue to "fall into" every ensuing locus on this stretched-out-time-sphere.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I have a feeling that it only applies to introverted types

this page is a wonderful read, btw
    I also have problems with the moving up, moving back thing. I actually have to look at dates on a calendar to understand what people mean by that.

In terms of "positioning" of time...I can't be observing time. That's absurd. If I could observe time, I could travel in time. But I can't. Time passes through me in the present, otherwise my physical body wouldn't be where it is. If I were merely a slip of metaphysical consciousness, then I wouldn't be so sure of that, but I do indeed have a body which refuses to manifest itself in 1922 or 1979 upon demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    I'm much more critical of overly Se things.
    If that isn't NJ, I don't know what is.

OK, that's narrowed it down to 4!

INFJ
    ENFJ
    INTJ
    ENTJ

And if my previous assumption with Fe is correct, that narrows it down even more!

INFJ
    ENFJ

So, do you lead with Ni or Fe? If descriptions aren't good enough to decide, a good way is to determine your Inferior Function or Tertiary Function.

I also have problems with the moving up, moving back thing. I actually have to look at dates on a calendar to understand what people mean by that.

In terms of "positioning" of time...I can't be observing time. That's absurd. If I could observe time, I could travel in time. But I can't. Time passes through me in the present, otherwise my physical body wouldn't be where it is. If I were merely a slip of metaphysical consciousness, then I wouldn't be so sure of that, but I do indeed have a body which refuses to manifest itself in 1922 or 1979 upon demand.
    I wonder if you really are an ENFP?
    Hello

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

INFJ
    ENFJ
    INTJ
    ENTJ

And if my previous assumption with Fe is correct, that narrows it down even more!

INFJ
    ENFJ

So, do you lead with Ni or Fe? If descriptions aren't good enough to decide, a good way is to determine your Inferior Function or Tertiary Function.
    I have a theory in mind right now. It would unite the ISTP aspects, the ESFP aspects (that JJ apparently sees), the NJ aspects, and
    the Fe-vs-Fi aspects. Its brewing in my head. As soon as I'm done eating,
    I will revisit my brain and hopefully present it for all of you.

It will be different than the typical archetype and function development.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

INFJ
    ENFJ
    INTJ
    ENTJ

INFJ
    ENFJ

I wonder if you really are an ENFP?

I'm completely open to your analysis. You are extremely knowledgable and helpful to others. I originally tested INFJ the first few times I took an MBTI test, but after I learned more about it, I think I was answering the questions according to what I thought I "should" say than the truth. What I admit as being closer to the truth about me garners the results of INFP and ENFP usually.

People always tell me that I use a great deal of Fi on here, but maybe they're led by the fact that NFP is on my profile.

I will say that when I take "functions" tests my Ni and Ne are almost identical, but my Fi is higher than my Fe. I also feel a fairly strong resonance with some aspects of Si, but I'm not detail oriented enough to be an SJ.

I'm completely open to your analysis. You are extremely knowledgable and helpful to others.

I don't have anything to go on, but if you want to start a new thread I'll get round to poking you eventually.
    Hello

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't have anything to go on, but if you want to start a new thread I'll get round to poking you eventually.
    Ok. Cool. Probably will later.