User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Babylon Candle?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

1 3.85%
  • INTJ

3 11.54%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • INFP

4 15.38%
  • ENFJ

4 15.38%
  • ENTJ

8 30.77%
  • ENTP

3 11.54%
  • ENFP

3 11.54%
First 21011121314 Last

Do you instinctively act in the moment? Do you experience life in vivid detail, moment to moment, without laying any more meaning on top of it? Paradoxically, do you sometimes "see-through" the meaning of things when not acting on your instincts? Do you like figuring out how things work, simply for the sake of knowing and exploring/discovering?
    Hello

deleted

I would think, if you fit with NT more than NF, or just pick one of those. And then find information on the Ti-Ne mentality vs the Ni-Te mentality, and which ever one you relate to more. It can't be that hard. Then from there, you just have to chose introvert vs extrovert, or one function over the other. Ni-Te mentality is more J, but it's not specifically "J" like how all Js are defined. From what I can tell, there are 8 different Js, who all do different things, but the xNTJ for instance has more in common because of the top 2 functions. Same with the xNTP. So I would just say you might be making it harder than it is, and over-analyzing.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Do you instinctively act in the moment? Do you experience life in vivid detail, moment to moment, without laying any more meaning on top of it? Paradoxically, do you sometimes "see-through" the meaning of things when not acting on your instincts? Do you like figuring out how things work, simply for the sake of knowing and exploring/discovering?
    I do like tinkering (I realize thats a blatant ISTP word, but I couldn't think of a neutral word). I like setting up new electronics and stuff. Figuring out how all the wires plug in and testing all of the buttons/options. I do not think of myself as a "tinkerer" though in my daily life. I was terrible in science labs (would fuck up measurements and the experiment in general a lot haha).

I am not instinctual in the sense of impulsive. I am the opposite of impulsive. I do listen to self preservation impulses a lot. When I listen to music I pay most of my attention to the "textural" layers in the music. I love instrumental or melody heavy music.

When reading (which I do a lot of), I tend to have that "see through sense" about the entirety of the article/chapter/story. I do not really share these thoughts though, and I dont tend to have them unless I'm sitting and reading/writing/pondering alone (i am alone a lot though).

A bit abstract, but do you relate to this?

Life can often seem like a battle in which it is necessary to make headway by applying more force in actions and struggling for control. The course each life takes is like a river and many people choose to swim against the current without realizing that, for all their frustrated efforts, they are making no progress. Giving yourself over to the natural flow of events can seem difficult or humbling, but in letting go of the need to always be in control and accepting that the universe is both benevolent and supportive, you will become able to access a peaceful and intuitive part of yourself and will find freedom from anxiety.

Surrender can be many things. It may involve simply acknowledging that you possess true control only over your own reactions and that a change in attitude can have a profound effect on your relationship with the world. It can mean that you have given yourself over to a natural flow of actions and events, setting goals without attaching conditions, to walk in step with the universe. Letting go and trusting that the journey is as important as the outcome will make coping with challenges a less fearful experience, but doing so requires confidence in one's self and the ability to accept that there is no "what should be." When you understand that certain things are out of your control and that whatever path you tread will be the right one, you will have less cause to doubt your own abilities and infinite opportunities to be satisfied with the moment.

As the future unfolds itself around you, you will flow with the stream of changes, accepting new directions and detours as they present themselves rather than fighting against the current. With this transformation will come simplicity, peace, and freedom, as you begin to cast aside the unhappiness, frustration, and resentment of strife in favor of a beautiful surrendered existence.
    Hello

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

A bit abstract, but do you relate to this?
    I dont identify with the surrender part at all. I do alot of the things the paragraph says not to do . Remember, I identify with enneagram 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    I dont identify with the surrender part at all. I do alot of the things the paragraph says not to do . Remember, I identify with enneagram 1.
    OK, I think it's fair to assume from now on that you're a J. (or a really unhealthy IP, but we'll ignore that possibility for now). You said earlier you're definately not an S, which I'll also assume.

So, do you identify with descriptions of Introverted Intuition? e.g. this page talks a lot about it

Also, a fun exercise:

Stand up and visualize time as a continuum flowing from future to past. Spatially indicate with your hands where the future, present, and past are, respectively, in relation to yourself. Try to actually FEEL where they are around you by touching them with your hands. After you have done so (for real! -- not just in your head!), read this.
    Hello

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If he's a J, he must be an NTJ because he has Te.

Maybe he's an INTJ instead of an ENTJ. That means his Fi would be tertiary instead of inferior. It would also explain some of his more "introverted" qualities.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

OK, I think it's fair to assume from now on that you're a J. (or a really unhealthy IP, but we'll ignore that possibility for now). You said earlier you're definately not an S, which I'll also assume.

So, do you identify with descriptions of Introverted Intuition? e.g. this page talks a lot about it

Also, a fun exercise:

Stand up and visualize time as a continuum flowing from future to past. Spatially indicate with your hands where the future, present, and past are, respectively, in relation to yourself. Try to actually FEEL where they are around you by touching them with your hands. After you have done so (for real! -- not just in your head!), read this.

according to that exercise, I'm an NJ

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I still say ESFP, and that you are all on crack.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    I still say ESFP, and that you are all on crack.