• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Quick Guide To Double-Checking Your Type

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Based on how I act when I feel most comfortable/the way I feel most comfortable interacting with people, this says I'd be an INFJ.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
I haven't really read anything on interaction styles other than the descriptions listed in the OP, but I personally think someone's interaction style can vary depending on mood, the general context of the situation, and quite possibly depending on how developed the user's functions are plus flexibility with the top four functions.

I mainly tend to go back and forth between behind the scenes and getting things going, the latter usually occurs when I am passionate about an idea and have an optimistic feeling about it. I might actually be using Fe while selling the idea to a person or group, not sure though.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Definitely an INFJ. The only thing is if I crave someone's attention, I will be much more Initiator than Responder if they happen to be more of a Responder type. But I do *prefer* when someone else initiates contact, so there is that, I guess.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION] check this out maybe?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why would an ISTP be more directive than an INTP, or an INFJ more directive than an ISFJ?

It seems to me like the pieces don't fit quite right, more like the creators just slammed a fit together.

Sure, INTPs or ISFJs may be the least directive in their temperaments, but that doesn't make them the least directive as a whole.

INTPs for instance will be more directive than INFPs, or ISFJs more so than ISFPs.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm most definitely Directing way more than Informing.

I'm definitely Initiating compared to Responding.

So that leaves me with ESTJ, ENTJ,ENFJ, ESTP

I'm the most abstract person I know. So it's a definite on Abstract Language compared to Concrete.

And honesty I dread working in a group because I just want to do things my way. A pragmatic way would be my first preference. But we live in the real world where we have to work with people and in situations beyond our control, so I have an ability for both the Pragmatic and Affiliative Roles. If I had the choice though, I would do things independently.

So that leaves me with INTP, INTJ, ENTP, ENTJ

And since I already know I relate to the ENTJ descriptions, and that's the only one that corresponds with both the interaction style and temperament, I'm going with it.

Conclusion: ENTJ.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Funny- no matter what tests I take- long, short, silly, serious- I always come up the same same same for the last 25 years.

E
N
F
P

And that's a wrap.

:smile:

Cygnus

Sorry to be so rude (Fi maybe?), but in my candid opinion, the SP-SJ-NF-NT dichotomy is crap. The N-S dichotomy is the only thing consistent between SP-SJ and NF-NT. After that, the "NF Idealist" "NT Supergenius" "SP Hedonist" "SJ Totalitarian" classification is COMPLETELY subjective.

SP and SJ both indicate a single cognitive function. NF and NT indicate two cognitive functions, to say nothing of which are introverted functions and which are extroverted.

I suggest you have Sanguine, Choleric, Phlegmatic and Melancholic be EP, EJ, IP and IJ respectively, then have SF-ST-NF-NT for secondary temperaments. I mean, every Judger has some element of "in charge" to them. Even the ETP types, however logical and relatively unemotional, act on their own caprices.

There's no way an ESTP is Choleric and an ESFJ is Sanguine.

And I don't think INTJ is Melancholic-Choleric and the ISTJ is Pure Melancholic. ISTJs are much more prone to anger. Much more pragmatic. INTJs have to be the pure Melancholics.

The same pattern appears when comparing ESTJ and ENTJ. ENTJs are much more cerebral AND they're more cool-headed. xSTJs are known for harboring more anger than any other types. The ESTJ is the purest Choleric there is. Not Choleric-Melancholic like the chart says.

*end of self-righteous opinionated tirade*

Thoughts, anyone?

S

Stansmith

While most of it is accurate for me, I can see myself in both the Artisan/Improviser, as well as the Idealist/Catalyst. I don't like this idea that sensors can only be considered with the immediate and literal.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why do you think that personality type is determined by the 4 letters and why do you talk about it often?

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, still INFJ. No surprise there.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
Still xNTP. I seriously think xNTP should be its own type.

DerekEvans01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, this does not make any sense, because I got ENTJ and normally I don't get anywhere near that on the tests. I've been told that I acted like Gale Hawthorne(who is also an ENTJ)but I never thought that that could ever be my type. This doesn't seem to make any sense, yet it does at the same time because the functions actually match, unlike ENFP that has Se as its demonic function. Weird.

Chickennugget

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
•Directing
•Responding
•Chart the Course/Behind the Scenes
•Abstract
•affable